Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Hello alphabeta,

I'm afraid I don't quite get what exactly you want since the premise is wrong to begin with. old/outdated chapter reviews stay in the review section of the respective manga if they have one (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) [since these were your examples].
    In the smaller sections, like Bakuman, which you review iirc, there are no review sub-sections and they are probably moved to the archive. so is your suggestion still valid for this situation? would it be restricted to those small ones?

the creation of subboards for reviews in each and every section is 'sadly' not possible since there are just not enough reviews.
    and last but not least. sure go ahead o/ we'll sure find the right place for a central review thread

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't wanted a special "review-subsection" for the other smaller manga sections a la Bakuman. I figured it be useless since only the big 3 get nonstop reviews. In cases like Bakuman where i'm the only one, if i'll take a break, it'll lie there empty

And what do you mean, by go ahead. I'm the one who will do that list? And if yes, then in which section should i post it?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Archives are nice and easy to sort, there are only chapters and reviews. Leaving them on the main board means having to sort through discussion threads too. Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach have separate reviews sub-forums so nothing is archived. Since every review is in one place, doing a search by chapter number would be easier than reading an index threat. Actually creating an index thread would require a lot of work, given how easy it already is to find old reviews (or chapter discussion), it really isn't worth the time it would take.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, I don't know if this is the right place to write this or not, so feel free to remove my post if it's inappropriate.

Anyway, today I browsed around the database and realized that you guys still have the "RAWs" tab for each series even though MH does not host or support manga raw anymore. I think it would be best to remove it completely.

Thank you for your attention~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to look into that. It's hard coded into the site, admin can't change that, so it might not be imminent.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible for a feature that makes a notification when someone quotes you? :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuzzy or Osso would know, I don't. You never know what plug-in's are out there, but it's not something that can be altered by admin.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll ask Osso then :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ownage404's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes What happened to MangaHelpers?

I love this forum, but lately it's been looking dead for some reason. Even during mid day there isn't that much people especially the One Piece forum. I'd hate to have this forum actually go down so why do you think this is happening?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happened to MangaHelpers?

Quote Originally Posted by ownage404 View Post
    I love this forum, but lately it's been looking dead for some reason. Even during mid day there isn't that much people especially the One Piece forum. I'd hate to have this forum actually go down so why do you think this is happening?
    because we are on holiday,a lot of us has other to do. anyway I'd suggest to make the birthday wishes in the thread,so those who have birthdays can be celebrated.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not because of the holidays, this started a while back for a very spefic and well known reason for the most part. MH had become a reasonably important to say the least manga hosting site. As a result it became a target for companies who had it in their best interest to stop sites such as this from hosting manga. Once the site stopped hosting manga a reasonably large amount of people simply stopped visiting the site. Even scanlation groups were affected by this particular site not hosting manga anymore, you used to be able to find 10 different scanlations for each manga and now there are barely a few or less.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

as for one piece, the story additionaly to what's been already said went through some pretty discussion less points with the war that had lots of double spreads and only 14 to 17 pages for the most part.

to add further to that, this week there won't be a chapter for one piece so naturally when all others discuss spoilers all that's left for us to do is continue to talk about last weeks chapter - didn't ever work well

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I certainly hope Mangahelpers is not judged based on the number of posts but on the quality of the conversation generated. We remain one of the largest manga forums on the internet, with a wide variety of manga, manhwa, and anime related topics to discuss. Rather than lament the lack of activity in the forum, we hope that everyone joins the discussion and does there part to keep the forum alive. Starting conversation can be awkward, hopefully the 340 responses to last weeks One Piece chapter discussion were enough to break the ice.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    It's not because of the holidays, this started a while back for a very spefic and well known reason for the most part. MH had become a reasonably important to say the least manga hosting site. As a result it became a target for companies who had it in their best interest to stop sites such as this from hosting manga. Once the site stopped hosting manga a reasonably large amount of people simply stopped visiting the site. Even scanlation groups were affected by this particular site not hosting manga anymore, you used to be able to find 10 different scanlations for each manga and now there are barely a few or less.

While that's pretty much all true, let's be honest with ourselves - the overwhelming majority of the people who came here for Raws or Scanlations were leechers and never posted anyway.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Every-time I glace over the live statistics, I notice that the site traffic has been pretty much consistent.

New Reply
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast