Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Harribel (Base) in Captains Gauntlet (Shikai)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harribel (Base) in Captains Gauntlet (Shikai)

Errr, if she's sealed then the only person she gets passed with ease is Renji. Ikkaku puts up a good fight if he goes bankai right away, tough decision. Hiyori, Mashiro, and Lisa stomp, as do all the captains.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; April 14, 2011 at 05:00 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Wing View Post
    Im pretty sure thats what it means. He forgot to put her release as a restriction but by the image and context she's sealed in all the fights.

Release Espada against shikai captains is just a stomp in most cases.
    Thanks. I was just making sure

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    The title says Harribel (Base) - pretty sure that means sealed Released I believe she'd take everyone no question apart from Shinji and Shunsui.
    Well in the restriction, he didn't put that halibel couldn't release

Vice Captains
    Bankai Renji- Halibel stomps. Even with bankai, he barely defeated a fraccion to his own admittance

Bankai Ikkaku- Halibel owns. Same here, barely beat a fraccion with his bankai

Masked Shikai Hiyori- Halibel- Big-mouth-flat-chested-shortie get slaughtered

Masked Shikai Lisa- Halibel wins. A VC is ultimatelly VC

Masked Mashiro- Halibel clear its

Recent Captains
    Shikai Mayrui- Halibel. Although mayuri's shikai is potentially dangerous, chances of him hitting halibel is really low. Furthermore, mayuri is not the close combat person and halibel excels in it.

Shikai Komamura- Halibel. Her CQC skills to me is more impresive than hitsu. But koma would be harder to bring down that mayuri

Shikai Byakuya- This would be a close match. I may be biased so I am going with Byakuya. He smart and very well rounded. His combination of kido and speed may be enough to take down halibel. Though hard. But he needs to try to limit CQC because i think in that field, halibel has shown greater strength

Shikai Soifon- Another tough one. I will go with halibel 6-4. Soifon is a close ranged fighter... something halibel excels in. Can soifon get in her 2 hits, sure. Will it be more often than not?... eh. Halibel has shown great reflexes and she's quick too.

Patched/1-hand Kenpachi- Kenpachi. Again, since halibel is a CQC type fighter, she will begin with that. Bad news for her, kepachi is dangerous in that field. And in her base form, she has not shown any water techniques.

Veteran Captains
    Shikai Rose- Halibel- a whip won't be able to catch someone quick like halibel. And once he misses and she goes for close combat, he is screwed

Shikai Kensei- Halibel with her huge shark sword would beat kensei with his little jack-knife. Sure he has projectile in that form, but i take hitsu's projectile as faster and halibel dodged those

Shikai Love- Close match- I will go with halibel with a tough match. I think even if he hits her with his shikai, it will do very little damage. Starks took on a hit from love with his mask and shikai and starks was not even injured. Also, love is a relatively stupid fighter. He doesn't think before he attacks. Halibel on the other hand, has shown some analytical abilities

Shikai Ukitake- I'd say ukitake wins based on hype and the fact that he is around shunsui's level. His shikai ability won't be helpful here. But he is considered to be a skilled swordman. With 2 blades will give him the edge over halibel.

Shikai Shinji- Shinji wins but with an extremely hard battle. His shikai will give halibel a tough time. In terms of sheer power, halibel dominates him. But i think shinji can pull out a close victory

Shikai Shunsui- SHunsui wins. His shikai is dangerous. Even in his sealed stated, he can actually beat halibel since he was able to fight on par with starks unreleased. If he uses his shikai, it only makes him win faster
    Last edited by Raizen; April 14, 2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Errr, if she's sealed then the only person she gets passed with ease is Renji. Ikkaku puts up a good fight if he goes bankai right away, tough decision. Hiyori, Mashiro, and Lisa stomp, as do all the captains.

Thats quite contrary to what others would think.

Even Hiyori who got stomped by Shikai Hichigo at the beginning of the Vizard arc is going to stomp an original Vasto Lorde turned Arrancar at full health and rieastu (even if she is in base)?
    Last edited by Broken_Wing; April 14, 2011 at 08:41 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wha... What?

-How is Ikkaku's Bankai better than Renji's against Halibel?

-How do VC's with masks stomp?

Halibel in her sealed state was outplaying and completely unimpressed with Hitsugaya in his Bankai state:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-809-12...apter-355.html

I don't see how she gets stomped by anyone in the first set. Even some of the better captains would have difficulty dealing with her with only Shikai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

The VC are fodder for her even the vizard ones. Lisa and Hiyori only feared because it was 3 vs 1 and they surprised her. The captains would be different....Byakuya, Soifon, Kenpachi, Shinji, Soifon, Ukitake would all beat her IMO....The others have a chance but i think she can take them
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post

Hachi, Lisa, Hiyori, and Mashiro are not VCs.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    Hachi, Lisa, Hiyori, and Mashiro are not VCs.
    You know what I mean. Even if you believed they would win, you'd have to put them above Bankai Hitsugaya. To say they stomp means they're MUCH more powerful than him, and that's ridiculous.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what I mean. Even if you believed they would win, you'd have to put them above Bankai Hitsugaya. To say they stomp means they're MUCH more powerful than him, and that's ridiculous.
    Notice I put in bold part of that statement that I quoted from you; that's what I was responding to. Anyway, for the record, it may not be a stomp but I do believe that Lisa beats Harribel, considering Lisa alone held her own against released Harribel in CQC for some time, and this is base Harribel...

By the way, Bankai Hitsugaya isn't stronger or faster than Shikai Hitsugaya. His CQC skills remain the same as well; the power Hitsu gains is in the form of more deadly zanpakutou abilities. Further, the power of Bankai abilities depends on the strength and training of the user, hence why Renji and Ikkaku having Bankai still doesn't put them at the level where they can truly compete with a captain; the Bankai that Renji and Ikkaku have access to is not only not mastered due to them still needing more training, but it is also weak (in comparison to the Bankai of a Captain level opponent) because Renji and Ikkaku are still not very strong in terms of base power (they still don't have an easy time against fraccions even with their Bankai). If they can increase their base power, their Bankai will also become stronger.
    Last edited by Jackk; April 14, 2011 at 09:39 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Notice I put in bold part of that statement that I quote from you; that's what I was responding to. Anyway, for the record, it may not be a stomp but I do believe that Lisa beats Harribel, considering Lisa alone held her own against released Harribel in CQC for some time, and this is base Harribel...
    Sorry, I didn't use the best wording, I meant "you" as just "someone".

Quote Quote:
    By the way, Bankai Hitsugaya isn't stronger or faster than Shikai Hitsugaya. His CQC skills remain the same as well; the power Hitsu gains is in the form of more deadly zanpakutou abilities. Further, the power of Bankai abilities depends on the strength and training of the user, hence why Renji and Ikkaku having Bankai still doesn't put them at the level where they can truly compete with a captain; the Bankai that Renji and Ikkaku have access to is not only not mastered due to them still needing more training, but it is also weak (in comparison to the Bankai of a Captain level opponent) because Renji and Ikkaku are still not very strong in terms of base power (they still don't have an easy time against fraccions even with their Bankai). If they can increase their base power, their Bankai will also become stronger.
    Really? Where was this said?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wha... What?

-How is Ikkaku's Bankai better than Renji's against Halibel?
    Ikkaku's bankai is just better overall period.

Quote Quote:
    Dude come on, this is SEALED Harribel here. I don't know if you noticed but arrancar gain pretty huge boosts going from sealed -> resureccion. If Lisa can fight sealed on even grounds with released Harribel for several minutes, with her shikai and mask she should dominate her sealed. I also think Hiyori is somewhere near Lisa's level (though perhaps not quite as skilled).

Quote Quote:
    Halibel in her sealed state was outplaying and completely unimpressed with Hitsugaya in his Bankai state:
    Well, Toushirou wasn't really going all out at that point; we've already seen that he is indeed capable of handling her when she's released so obviously he himself could stomp sealed Harribel.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ikkaku's bankai is just better overall period.
    Renji has range and defense though. Ikkaku's Bankai is probably stronger, but it's clunky and slow too.

Quote Quote:
    Dude come on, this is SEALED Harribel here. I don't know if you noticed but arrancar gain pretty huge boosts going from sealed -> resureccion. If Lisa can fight sealed on even grounds with released Harribel for several minutes, with her shikai and mask she should dominate her sealed. I also think Hiyori is somewhere near Lisa's level (though perhaps not quite as skilled).
    I thought sealed Halibel was actually quite impressive. I also don't think Lisa was in any way fighting on even ground with released Halibel, she just wasn't all that serious (and likely drained from getting hit by HH)

Quote Quote:
    Well, Toushirou wasn't really going all out at that point; we've already seen that he is indeed capable of handling her when she's released so obviously he himself could stomp sealed Harribel.
    Considering after releasing the fight just became a game of throw attacks at each other and watch them fail due to conflicting elements, I don't think that's true. We already saw her knocking him around, granted, we didn't see him use tons of ice techs either, but at least in terms of sword on sword fighting, she was superior. After her release, they stopped with the actual sword fighting, I think there's a reason Hitsugaya didn't try to close the gap.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting match up. I am going to tackle this one strictly based on what we know from the manga and the databooks (both are cannon):

I will start by listing what we know from the manga (= means more or less equal in terms of power +/- 5% difference)

Bankai Ichigo = Sealed Grimmjow (HM Battle)
    Patched/1-Hand Kenpachi = Sealed Nnoitra
    Bankai Hitsugaya < Sealed Harribel (Harribel was clearly stronger)
    Base Shunsui = Sealed Starrk

Based on that,

Vice Captains
    Bankai Renji - Harribel takes this one easily. Bankai Renji => Sealed 8th Espada
    Bankai Ikkaku => Harribel oneshots. Bankai Ikkaku met his match against a Numero
    Masked Shikai Hiyori => Harribel wins easily. (100% Grimmjow = Masked Shinji) > (Masked Hiyori = Masked Lisa)

Masked Shikai Lisa => Harribel wins easily. See above.
    Masked Mashiro => Harribel wins. WW oneshot her rather easily

Recent Captains

Shikai Mayrui: Harribel Wins (No preparation time or knowledge for Mayrui)
    Shikai Komamura: Harribel Wins (Bankai Komamura is pretty much fodder, let alone Shikai)

Shikai Byakuya: Harribel Wins (Shikai Byakuya < (Bankai Ichigo = Sealed Grimmjow))

Shikai Soifon: Harribel Wins (Harribel comfortably overpowers her)
    Patched/1-hand Kenpachi: Harribel Wins (Patched/1-hand Kenpachi = 5th sealed Espada)

Veteran Captains
    Shikai Rose = Harribel wins. Vizard captains cannot use mask. Shikai Rose/Kensei/Love/Shinji = 5th-6th Espada range since Sealed Masked Shinji = 6th Espada, and IMO, Mask > Shikai

Shikai Kensei = Harribel wins. See above.
    Shikai Love = Harribel wins. See above.
    Shikai Ukitake: Ukitake = Shunsui more or less; Shunsui = 1st Espada. Ukitake wins
    Shikai Shinji = Harribel wins. See above.
    Shikai Shunsui: Shunsui = 1st sealed Espada. He takes it.
    Last edited by LucyBenard; April 14, 2011 at 10:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I didn't use the best wording, I meant "you" as just "someone".
    No problem.

Really? Where was this said?
    Well Bankai does not increase the user's stats. Do they get more power in the form of more deadly Zanpakuto Abilities? Yes. Power Boost as far as base power though? Nope. Has anyone become more durable, punches harder, or become faster because of their Bankai? Nope. Granted though Ichigo's Bankai is special in that it does specifically make HIM faster, but it was explained that that was what his Bankai does for him besides the black GTs. Additionally, Grimmjow--after fighting shikai Ichigo and then fighting him in Bankai--even noted that Ichigo's Bankai only increased his speed.

Furthermore, another example is Ikkaku. Ikkaku's Bankai does not give him any kido based special abilities nor does it increase Ikkaku's speed or defensive capabilities. His Bankai specifically just increases his destructive capabilities.

Again, Bankai does not give a general boost to all of the user's stats. And based on what we've seen, we know that Hitsugaya's Bankai ability is in the form of more deadly ice techniques. Hitsugaya's strikes are not faster in Bankai; he doesn't get a speed boost like Ichigo's Bankai because that's not what Hitsugaya's Bankai ability is based on what we've seen. It wasn't outright stated that Hitsugaya's Bankai doesn't increase his base stats, but I very highly doubt that his Bankai has the ability to increase his stats on top of all the ice techs that his Bankai gives him. Besides, Hitsugaya also never really showed any increase in physical strength or speed when going into Bankai either nor did Hitsu ever mention that his Bankai had such an ability. And considering the fact that the Bankais of other Bleach fighters do not increase all their stats, I think it's pretty safe to say that Hitsugaya's Bankai doesn't increase his base stats either...
    Last edited by Jackk; April 14, 2011 at 11:15 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vice Captains.

She clears but has some troubles with bankai Renji and Ikkaku I believe, along with Mashiro.

Rencent Captains

Shikai Mayuri- She defeats him with low difficulty. Basically speed, strength, power and Reiatsu advantage. If Mayuri had prep it could have been possible but with none he loses.

Shikai Komamura- I see Harribel winning this with mid-high difficulty. Those body parts should not be understimated along with Koma's physical power and Durability/Endurance.

Shikai Byakuya- Byakuya wins this with high difficulty. Only reason I say high difficulty is because, well, his shikai really sucks and is lacking but much similar to his base bankai I believe it all works the same and with that add in Superior speed (imo), and kido it's all in his favor.

Shikai Soifon- I could see this going either way tbh.

Patched Kenpachi- The same as above although in a straight cqc fight Harribel will get overwhelmed easily.

Veteran Captains

Shikai Rose- Harribel should be able to win this. Rose's shikai while versatile can easily be dodged and countered with a regular katana, it's the sonata she will have to be aware of, which I'm sure with her analytical skills she should be capable.

Shikai Kensei- Kensei wins. His style of fighting is just brutal and with an exploding Tachikaze, yeah Harribel would get destroyed after several energy blasts.

Shikai Love- I don't see how he's going to win unless he literally beats her to death with Tengumaru and Hifuki no Kodzuchi.

Shikai Ukitake- should win just based on the hype scale.

Shikai Shinji- takes this with low difficulty.

Shikai Shunsui- takes this with low difficulty as well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji has range and defense though. Ikkaku's Bankai is probably stronger, but it's clunky and slow too.
    So Renji's bankai isn't clunky and slow now? Let's not forget his poor control over it either. Ikkaku has had his bankai longer and more time to train with it. If Ikkaku goes bankai right away and fights while he's still 100% in both health and reiatsu I think he can handle sealed Harribel. A sealed espada is going to be several times weaker than their resureccion form as their entire hollow powers are still...well sealed.

Quote Quote:
    I thought sealed Halibel was actually quite impressive.
    Well I didn't think she was that impressive.

Quote Quote:
    I also don't think Lisa was in any way fighting on even ground with released Halibel, she just wasn't all that serious (and likely drained from getting hit by HH)
    Both of which are nothing more than your own unsubstantiated opinions. Harribel looked serious to me, and she didn't seem drained either. I could just as easily argue that Lisa wasn't fighting seriously either. In fact, I'd have a much more valid case because for the majority of their fight Lisa was sealed as opposed to in her released state (unlike Harribel).

Quote Quote:
    Considering after releasing the fight just became a game of throw attacks at each other and watch them fail due to conflicting elements, I don't think that's true. We already saw her knocking him around, granted, we didn't see him use tons of ice techs either, but at least in terms of sword on sword fighting, she was superior.
    Read Jacck's posts; Toushirou going shikai -> bankai isn't going to improve his sword fighting skills in the least. It gives him access to bigger, better ice attacks but that's about it. Well, I guess you could argue his defense is increased too because of all the ice surrounding him. What does this have to do with Lisa, who's clearly superior in CQC, blitzing and impaling sealed Harribel?

Additionally, Grimmjow--after fighting shikai Ichigo and then fighting him in Bankai--even noted that Ichigo's Bankai only increased his speed
    Awesome find. I knew I had read somewhere that Ichigo's bankai did nothing for his power. That pretty much settles the argument about Ichigo's black GTs not being stronger than his shikai ones. Kisuke lose an arm to something as weak a mask-less BGT? No way.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; April 15, 2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast