Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kirge

12 52.17%
  • Byakuya

10 43.48%
  • Draw / Too close to tell

1 4.35%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kirge Opie vs Byakuya Kuchiki

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirge Opie vs Byakuya Kuchiki

Kirge is one of the elite soldiers of VR and possibly a member of the Sternritter. Byakuya is an all-around captain with arguably a great talent. Kirge doesn't have bankai-stealing device in this fight, Byakuya can use his bankai. The fight will take place at HM, where Ichigo fought Kirge. Who wins?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kirge Opie vs Byakuya Kuchiki

Kirge stlll has that Reishi stealing form which is pretty dangerous. So im leaning towards him for now.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The above post pretty much says it all, especially if what Ishida did in the Zanpakuto Arc is canon. Then Byakuya is screwed......if it wasn't for that ability I'd think he'd have a good chance. But it'd be close. Also, Kirge takes hits pretty well when he's not distracted, and that giant projectile he was charging might've been really strong if he got a chance to fire it off. His cages so far seem extremely durable, but Byakuya could still use his Zanpakuto in a situation like that anyway.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming the badge thing is not a factor I lean towards byakuya a bit. I don't quite get the impression kirge is fast enough to simply avoid senbonsakura. I do believe his blutz is strong enough to not be affected by it however that only means kirge cannot attack while defending. His slaverie technique would be innately dealt with by his bankai. Every hit he gets is likely to also hit the thing on his head which would cancel the reishi absorption. I wish we could have seen the huge arrow he was about to shot at ichigo though, that should have been quite powerful and perhaps not blockable by senbonsakura. Anyways, if byakuya with bankai cannot defeat kirge then I don't see how byakuya or any other captain for that matter would be a match for the stern ritern.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mayumura's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I personally think that Byakuya played dumb when he forced himself to use ban-kai against As Nodt when he could easily counter her with shikai. If he won't use any ban-kai actions and press on with Kidou and Shikai he probably can take down Opie with ease.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Byakuya has access to bankai, i don't think he will lose. There is a reason why the Sr fears bankai.
    Although i will admit with blut it will be tough to kill him unless Byakuya uses at least senkei

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I doubt senkei will be enough. So far kirge was able to stop tensa zangetsu on its tracks with his blutz alone so I would argue that he would need at least hakuteiken to do the trick here assuming even trying to get past blutz in a standard way is a good idea. Of course, it is possible kirge's blutz got stronger after absorbing allon and perhaps got a hierro like enhancement although that would be kinda hard to prove. Anyways, IMO the best approach byakuya could take here is to use his standard bankai form. Once kirge is trapped amongs senbonsakura all byakuya has to do is maintain a constant attack. The sheer number of petals would deal with slavery. As long as byakuya attacks, kirge would be forced to use his defensive blutz meaning he can't counter. If kirge does try to attack it only means he gets hurt from senbonsakura, otherwise he takes hits until he is out of energy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gokei would be enough. How many blades does he really need? I mean it's basically a relentless attack. Without the medallion, they (the SR) don't have much answer for a bankai. If they did they wouldn't need to steal them. Byakuya was only using his bankai against Nodt to test the theory of sealing not stealing the bankai. If he uses it to it's potential and isn't going to get it stolen from him, he could win in senkei imo. I'm leaning towards Byakuya.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

2 possibilities :
    1- kirge was stronger than ishida when he fought mayuri (since he has way more base strengh , so his release might make him stronger than ishida's) => kirge wins easily . because ishida was a lot above an average captain's level and he only had one trick : full power then fire
    2- the opposite scenario i give the win to byakuya .
    second scenario is IMO, the case .I mean he had to use his ultimate form agaisnt ayon , the same beast yama one shoted...but then again ,this is yama
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how Byakuya can win against Kirge. The guy was litaraly a monster. He managed to stop Tensa Zangetsu several times and enured Getsuga on point blanck, so I don't see Byakuya winning even with his Bankai, let alone if Kirge will be granted the possibility to use his badge here, then Byakuya would loose in mere seconds.
    Considering that Ichi is way stronger than Byakuya and had to make a reasonable effort to take down Kirge, while he managed to take another Sternenritter with one-shot, when he was already tired from a fight against Kirge and trrying to destroy Kirge's Jail, so I really doubt Kirge was any way weak. If anything most of the facts suggest that he was among the strongest members of Sternenritter along with the one who was fighting against Shunsui, Mohawk guy (as he managed to tank Yama's insane Shikai burning) and Haschwald.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; October 31, 2012 at 07:16 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a bit tricky. I'd put my money on Byakuya though. Kirge's seemed like an okay opponent but never quite displayed anything in my opinion that would cause him to have a massive advantage over Byakuya, besides the medallion.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the guy managed to tank Ichigo's Getsuga in Bankai and didn't even have a scratch. No way anything Byakuya can throw on him will have any close effect to Getsuga, so I can't see a way for Byakuya to inflict damage to Kirge.
    Also the guy in Vollstandig managed to fight Ichigo in Bankai for quite some time and in Shikai they were quite equal, so I can't see how Byakuya who is obviously much weaker fighter can defeat Kirge even if Kirge doesn't steal his Bankai.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanking ichigo's getsuga tensho is not much of a feat for a captain level enemy though. GT is powerful without a doubt but so far it has not shown to be a one kill technique. Kirge blocking tensa zangetsu is not much either IMO. So far blutz has shown to be that good a defense however there is the consideration that offense is borderline possible while using blutz vene. I still think byakuya with bankai would get this. If anything, his bankai should actually be pretty effective against quincy in particular. Blutz vene is a strong defense however it could be taken advantage of by the enemy. Against ichigo kirge was in trouble because he simply couldn't change to his blutz arterie. He could protect himself from damage but was locked in a situation where he couldn't actually take offense. Wouldn't he be in a similar situation against byakuya though? Byakuya does not need to break his blutz vene, he just needs to keep him locked in it. Byakuya's bankai is ideal for that IMO. Kirge's volstandig perhaps increases his speed enough for byakuya to not be able to keep up with him however that can be easily solved by bankai. Even when kirge does attack he has nothing more than his holy arrow which I doubt can break byakuya's bankai defense. And then, byakuya would have control over the battlefield. His bankai has an area of effect so great that even if kirge is faster he will eventually get locked in by byakuya's bankai. Once that happens it is very likely kirge ends up in a similar situation as he was against ichigo. Byakuya continually attacks from all angles so he can't really get out of blutz vene without taking full damage. Changing to arterie would allow him to counterattack however he exposes himself against a bankai which is theoretically all around him. Byakuya's bankai would also provide an ideal situation to even unknowingly avoid slwaverie. I mean, a full hit would also get the halo that causes it. And the technique he was able to use against ichigo takes a decent bit of time to charge so I doubt it would be an issue here. I think byakuya would have a hard fight but his bankai would eventually make the difference here.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually Byakuya's Bankai doesn't have that good strength as Ichigo's Bankai has. Also its speed isn't as good as it was in the begining of the manga, when everyone was weak. If Tsukishima managed to outrun Byakuya's Bankai to some extent, then I'm pretty sure that Kirge who was able to match Ichi's basic speed that is also boosted by Fullbring, so I don't think Byakuya will be able to make any use of his Bankai against Kirge. I don't even think he will be able to make Kirge on a defense all the time.
    Also Kirge as a Quincy can shoot tons of arrows that are strong enough to one-shot Vice Captains, so I really doubt Byakuya will win this fight.
    Also Byakuya's Bankai strength is overstimated as I think. It is nowhere near Ichigo's Getsuga. Also Kirge didn't just block it. He blocked it from point blanck and that's quite a fit. I would say that Byakuya would be dead if he took such a Getsuga.
    Also, how come Kirge can't break Byakuya's defense, when in Vollstandig he easily trash low level Captain opponent like Allon, when he gets serious. The same arrows one-shotted Vice Captains with eaze. So I do believe Byakuya will have to be on defense all the time and also you should remember that in Vollstandig Quincy gain considerable increase in speed and strength. Kirge was also able to not die after his neck was severly broken, so no way he would die after Byakuya's Bankai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference between a VC and Captain are night and day. Renji's shikai could do nothing to AS Nodt's blut yet Byakuya could easily damage (her???). Kirge's one - shotting VC level means nothing, Alon vs Kirge means nothing...Byakuya could beat Alon also.

Speed isn't a problem. Byakuya defeated the fastest Espada, Kirge didn't display any speed feats that would make us think Byakuya couldn't keep up. His defense is good but not impregnable. Bankai could damage him.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast