Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SKET DANCE

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

SKET DANCE

Synopsis:
    Based on the award-winnig manga currently running in Weekly Shounen Jump!, Sket Dance follows the lives of the "Suketto-dan", a high-school club whose activities revolve around helping out other students with their problems, so that they may enjoy their high-school years to the fullest. The group is led by the eccentric Fujisaki "Bossun" Yuusuke, the other two members being Hime "Himeko" Onizuka and Kazuyoshi "Switch" Usui. Together the trio do their best to fulfill their clients' requests, when they're actually getting requests that is !

Japanese Cast:
    Hiroyuki Yoshino as Yusuke "Bossun" Fujisaki
    Ryoko Shiraishi as Hime "Himeko" Onizuka
    Tomokazu Sugita as Kazuyoshi "Switch" Usui
    Ai Kayano as Roman Saotome
    Fumiko Orikasa as Reiko Yuuki
    Hiro Shimono as Sasuke Tsubaki
    Jouji Nakata as Tetsuji Chuuma
    Kaori Nazuka as Kaoru Yagi
    Kenji Nojima as Michiru Shinba
    Kenta Miyake as Shinzo Takemitsu
    Marina Inoue as Momoka Kibitsu
    Megumi Takamoto as Mimori Unyuu
    Megumi Toyoguchi as Moe Yabasawa
    Satomi Satou as Chiaki Takahashi
    Tomokazu Seki as Sojiro Agata
    Yu Kobayashi as Kikuno Asahina

Japanese Staff:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=12089

Thoughts:
    After watching the first two episodes I decided to create a thread for this adaptation. The first episode was great especially in the animation department, which kind of leaves me worried that this might be a short series. The comedy was also handled pretty well, and I liked the music too. The opening was pretty awesome due to the animation, with the song being good but pretty standard stuff (generic but still good). The second episode was great animation-wise as well. It was also funny, though I do think the anime exaggerates Bossun's and Himeko's expressions (making them look as though they're overreacting). The music also felt pretty loud for some reason. As for the ending (introduced in the 2nd episode), I'm happily surprised that the song is by The Pillows! For those of you who may not know, there is a story arc in the manga which features one of the band's songs, the mangaka being a fan of the band (at least he seems to be). I was also surprised by a certain image in the ending featuring Bossun and Himeko ! So far this seems to be an awesome adaptation of the manga series, and I'm definitely going to be following this!

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SKET DANCE

The first episode left me cold. It wasn't bad, but only thing I found funny was Switch and I'd expect more from a comedy series. Glad that I still kep watching, as ep 2 was a hell lot funnier.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The first episode was based on the first chapter, which is probably the worst chapter in the whole manga (up to this point at least). Yeah Switch was definitely the highlight of that episode, especially his text messages !

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh..
    I thought the first episode was good.
    I didn't see the culprit coming. But maybe that's just me
    Sket dance is interesting, the comedy is not so bad and I like it.
    definitely continuing this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am so piss off at esp 1.. because kind of weak opening of series .. but i am so happy after watch esp 2. I hope it will speed it up... i love swordman and mint ... that is funny

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 03

Click here to Watch Online/Download -->http://www.animefans.tv/downloads/st...bhktneabr.html

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking forward to the anime for a long time since I'm a huge fan of the manga. The first episode never bothered me because as Crude said, that chapter was the weakest in the series. I liked how we were introduced from an outsider's perspective. The only drawback I found was that the BGM -although sounding pretty cool- was pretty distracting. By the third episode it wasn't as noticeable.

Right now we're getting to know each of the characters so the series won't get into its "meat" yet. I found it pleasant to see the Student Council introduced this early in the game.

The manga has mostly episodic chapters so we should also expect the anime to be similar. We shouldn't feel surprised if there are fillers as well.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Third episode wasn't as funny but kindda sweet to watch.
    I think we'll see her backstory being expanded on in the future, she and leader interactions are fun to watch. Not like I'm expecting any romance but...

The funniest part was probably the cigarette was a candy and the misunderstanding about onihime smoking

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    The funniest part was probably the cigarette was a candy and the misunderstanding about onihime smoking
    I liked that part too because it completely demolishes the notion of a yankee: they have cigarettes and use baseball bats as weapons; Onihime (Himeko) has lollipops and hockey sticks instead.

I was thrown off-guard when Bossun name dropped Bleach. It's okay in the manga because they're both under WSJ, but I didn't expect the reference in the anime. I wonder what other things the series will mention.

Episode 4

Roman's constant breaking of fourth walls and random retro shoujo art style works in the manga because it's well, a manga. The anime managed to pull it off effectively without having the humor be lost while they adapted it. I do wonder how they'll work with future Roman episodes.

I love how srs bsns and overly dramatic the second half was. Especially the reaction of the Sket-Dan when Captain's little brother likened the Pelocan mascot to his mother. It was insane.
    Last edited by Asarii; May 03, 2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Episode 4

Roman's constant breaking of fourth walls and random retro shoujo art style works in the manga because it's well, a manga. The anime managed to pull it off effectively without having the humor be lost while they adapted it. I do wonder how they'll work with future Roman episodes.
    While I was laughing away I thought that this girl have some serious issues, purple dog and mistakening towel for a dog
    Never knew Bossun is a bishounen..at least in her eyes.
    Quote Quote:
    I love how srs bsns and overly dramatic the second half was. Especially the reaction of the Sket-Dan when Captain's little brother likened the Pelocan mascot to his mother. It was insane.
    Yeah he wanted it cos it looked like his mother, must be the ponytails
    I really like how there are two wrappers in the end and that part where that (Can't rmber his name atm) received the pelocan had me laughing, very effective, a single lick can cause so much vomit.
    Wish we had one in r/l

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    While I was laughing away I thought that this girl have some serious issues, purple dog and mistakening towel for a dog
    Never knew Bossun is a bishounen..at least in her eyes.
    She probably can't help it though. She's such a hopeless romantic. It's funny because she's so consumed by her imagination that she never realized that a purple dog doesn't exist in real-life.

The Otome Filter is what every fangirl has! :3

Quote Quote:
    Yeah he wanted it cos it looked like his mother, must be the ponytails
    I really like how there are two wrappers in the end and that part where that (Can't rmber his name atm) received the pelocan had me laughing, very effective, a single lick can cause so much vomit.
    Wish we had one in r/l
    I laughed so hard at that part because the Pelocan masoct does NOT look like the mother at all. Captain -unlike Himeko- brushed it off as no big deal.

The flavours don't seem too bad because I'm not a picky eater. It would be awesome if we really did have a Pelocan.

Episode 5

Reiko-san and Tsubaki are two of my favourite characters so I was very happy when they were introduced. It was nice to have two different chapters overlap in the same episode.

Reiko-san and her rivalry with Switch is hilarious. They seem like an odd pair, but I think they're nice together. :P It was also funny how his information network consist of an otaku. In my eyes it looked like a parody of a spy series.

The student council is badass, and they're a force to be reckon with for sure. The Sket-Dan better watch out!
    Last edited by Asarii; May 05, 2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had to mention that the Pelocan commercial at the end of episode 5 was hilarious! I love the jingle/theme tune !

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We had our first down-to-earth and (a bit) serious episode, and Momoka's emotions were conveyed just as well as the manga. The Pelocan event is actually after this episode in the manga. It seems as if the anime writers are picking and choosing which chapters to animate, and I wonder if there's a significance to this ordering.

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Get ready for another serious story next episode! I hope there's no significance to the reordering; I'm pretty sure the staff grouped similar stories together to make the whole thing flow better.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast