Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SKET DANCE

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SKET DANCE

Me neither. Can't wait to see the other song (the winner of the Sketchbook Project) too.

As for ep. 15, I totally forgot about that Naruto reference in the second half. XD

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe the legendary episode is next week! I'm a bit sad that the seiyuu for Bossun won't be singing, but I'm sure that scene will still be memorable.

Dante is adorable. He's visual-kei but shows some childlike behavior too. Gackt did a pretty good job with the very few speaking parts he had.

I caught a KHR anime reference in the beginning of the episode! Switch was playing a dating simulation game with Gowadera. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bossun's seiyuu won't be singing? Who's singing then...?

But yeah, I didn't catch the KHR ref until I watched it a second time. Pink hair Tsuna and green hair Yamamoto! XD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gintara View Post
    Bossun's seiyuu won't be singing? Who's singing then...?

But yeah, I didn't catch the KHR ref until I watched it a second time. Pink hair Tsuna and green hair Yamamoto! XD
    The vocalist/bassist (Tada Hiroshi) from The Sketchbook. I'm guessing the Sketchbook Project was to choose the band members.

I love how inconspicuous these references are. You have to really look or you'll miss it!

---------- Post added July 25, 2011 at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was July 18, 2011 at 08:32 PM ----------

This episode made me fond of Yabazawa-san even more because of her self-centeredness. I loved the little filler scenes sprinkled throughout the episode: the backstory with the principal was funny, and Tsubaki blushing from Mimorin's comment was adorable.

Bossun strumming to the bass line of Funny Bunny was pretty cool so I can't wait to see listen to what the actual piece would sound like.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I can't wait until Thursday for the performance. Not only the Sketchbook but the others as well. I liked how they gave more history behind the KRF. I think this was the first time the principal was introduced in the anime, so I guess they'll do the stories featuring the principal sometime soon. XD

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There's this video of Gackt performing one of Jardin's songs, which means that he'll perform too! Thursday will definitely be an episode to look forward to.

There's one chapter with the principal that I really like so I hope it'll get animated soon. (It's Chapter 64.)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RocketWobbuffet's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

All the songs from the episode are here:
    http://sketdance.jp/kaimei_rockfes/
    If you like Sket Dance, take a look at this channel.

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ep. 17 had very nice animation, but I guess that's expected since they've been promoting KRF from the beginning. There were some slight differences in the story, but I think it was good overall. Although it was obvious Bossun's singing voice was different, he had a good singing voice. Can't wait until they release the full versions of all the songs. Too bad they couldn't fit all of Funny Bunny though but they did include the Pillows version at the end. :3

And yes, chapter 64 is the one chapter I want to see animated too. Hyperion next week! I wonder if they're stretching just that chapter to that ep? Hope Switch's arc will be sometime next month (Shinzou's brother wasn't at KRF now that I think of it). Maybe they're going to place all three arcs close together in a second season.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed every minute of the episode. My favorite scene in particular was when Bossun rejected a competition from Tsubaki by saying he was entering the festival to comfort someone.

A slight disappointment was that the songs were quite short. It's not a big deal because of time constraints and the full version could be listened to elsewhere. Hopefully it'll be released in a CD someday.

And yes, chapter 64 is the one chapter I want to see animated too. Hyperion next week! I wonder if they're stretching just that chapter to that ep? Hope Switch's arc will be sometime next month (Shinzou's brother wasn't at KRF now that I think of it). Maybe they're going to place all three arcs close together in a second season.
    I have a feeling that the Hyperion chapter will be extended to the entire episode as well. They'll probably elaborate on each of the board game pieces or add on another rule so the game will be extended. I think it's a good idea to have the character's past arc be the finale of each season. I hope the arcs won't be back-to-back though because the contents are pretty heavy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope so too that they'll release the songs soon.

Watched episode 18 recently, and there's new OP/ED. Both feature the Sketchbook, of course. I think the OP was Michi (the first song they sung in KRF). And yeah, they elaborated more on the background characters in Hyperion.

Chapter 64's already going to be animated next week (lol); hope it will done right. ^^

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the new theme songs: the opening animation was like a story itself, and the simplicity of the ending was really nice. Since both songs are by The Sketchbook, I'm more certain that a CD will be released sometime in the future.

I liked that the over dramatic scenes about one of the board game pieces was placed in the beginning, middle and end of the episode. It helps tie up the disjointed, random game of Hyperion.

Next episode is the one I'm really looking forward to. Student Council shenanigans are always hilarious.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The hair part was spot on. I liked the sound effects when Himeko cuts Bossun's hair as well as the instant hair growth. The student council part was okay, it wasn't as funny as the first part imo. But it's first one with the Studen council like that anyway. ^^

Here's the rest of the month's schedule:
    (8/11) 19: 1000 Haircuts + Panic in Principal's Office
    (8/18) 20: Group Date Tsukkomi
    (8/25) 21: Otaku and Occult
    (9/1) 22: New Take on Momotaro + Running Home Run
    (9/8) 23: Little Princesses
    I'm pretty sure Switch's arc is next month, near the end of the season. This screencap from the OP confirms it:
    Spoiler show

There are some small bits from the upcoming eps in the OP, such as the delinquent girl Momoka voices (Switch's mask), the principal's grandson (volleyball part)...

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

↑ Good observation, Gintara! The hints of upcoming episodes in the OP is a nice and discreet way of letting us know what we should expect.

The hair part was spot on. I liked the sound effects when Himeko cuts Bossun's hair as well as the instant hair growth. The student council part was okay, it wasn't as funny as the first part imo. But it's first one with the Studen council like that anyway. ^^
    I actually liked the student council's part better, but then I'm biased because Tsubaki is my favorite character. It was nice how the two parts were tied together by a newspaper interview.

I can't wait for Switch's backstory episodes.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it might be a little to hard for others to tell since it happens so quickly; I had to rewatch the OP a couple of times to finally notice it lol. But I do love the small details. That FF ringtone in the latest ep.; it's funny how it appears since the FF Type-0 demo came out this week. Both Himeko's and Switch's seiyuu voice characters in the game (Rem and King). ^^

I did love Tsubaki in the second part (and Daisey too). That tie-in with the newspaper was a good idea too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RocketWobbuffet's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved how they added "Cha-La-Head-Cha-La" to the scene with Bossu.
    That made the joke even better!
    If you like Sket Dance, take a look at this channel.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast