Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SKET DANCE

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SKET DANCE

I just loved it when Himeko screamed. I think I would've screamed if someone's hair grew so quickly (although I don't think I would flinch easily). And switter lol.

In other news, the KRF is indeed getting a release next month on the 28th.

Can't wait to see future student council eps, especially if we'll see more of Tusbaki's expressions. ^^
    Last edited by Gintara; August 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gintara View Post
    I just loved it when Himeko screamed. I think I would've screamed if someone's hair grew so quickly (although I don't think I would flinch easily). And switter lol.
    Oh yeah, she was really creeped out by the fast growing hair. I feel sorry for Bossun because he always gets slapped by her when it's not technically his fault.

Quote Quote:
    In other news, the KRF is indeed getting a release next month on the 28th.
    Great news! I'm glad they're releasing the CD since there aren't a lot of merchandise out tehre.

Quote Quote:
    Can't wait to see future student council eps, especially if we'll see more of Tusbaki's expressions. ^^
    Me too. I noticed that Tsubaki blushes around Mimorin more in the anime.

---------- Post added August 20, 2011 at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was August 15, 2011 at 08:42 PM ----------

Looks like we had our first half-filler in this episode. If the anime catches up to the manga (which I doubt will happen for a long while), it's pretty safe to include more fillers because the manga itself is an episodic series.

I can really sense Himeko's frustration in this episode, and I felt sorry for her when it was her turn to go to the mixer. She was trying so hard, but the guys don't get her sense of humor. XD

The number one highlight for me this week was Yabazawa-san. Her melodramatic rejection was hilarious.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually only up to episode 18 and it was hilarious.
    I really am enjoying sket dance while catching up, its a good comedy series

I like the new opening and ending a lot too
    can't wait for the full songs..

So uh well,
    just dropped by to say that <_< Sket dance is awesome.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was worried that the anime will be difficult to watch for some people because it's crazier than the manga and has a few pop culture references that might go over people's heads- I'm glad that's not the case since you're enjoying it.

The Bossun/Himeko moment in the beginning was cute. It was funny how they repeated what the other has said. I like the Switch/Yuuki pair too; I'm not sure if they'll work romantically but the rivalry they have going on is entertaining.

Most of the episodes up until now have been two chapters in one. I wonder if there's a reason why the chapters are extended to a full episode with fillers.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see future eps focused on Bossun and Himeko; it's funny yet cute seeing how they react to each other.

Ep. 22 was heartwarming (in the second part). New take on Momotarou was completely ridiculous, just how I thought it would be from reading the chapter. ^^

It's September! Time to see if Switch Off is in two weeks or not! Guess I have to wait until next week or when the schedule's released. Although I read a rumor Spirit Dance is at the end of this month. Hopefully that's fake, not unless Tatsunoko and Sunrise is doing a collab on this somehow.

---------- Post added September 08, 2011 at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was September 02, 2011 at 03:04 PM ----------

Ep 23: cuteness overload Himeko's voice xD although the art direction was kind of weird with all the glow on the characters. I think they were going for a storyboard-ish feel (I've read on MAL that it could've been a ref to Usagi Drop). And the extra after the credits! I had a feeling they would put Biscuit Dance (the 4koma, not the chapter) in this episode. The only extras that haven't been animated would be Puppet Dance and Silent Dance. One thing I noticed though when Himeko and Momoka turned into 27 y/o was that their hair color didn't change into their natural hair colors.

Can't wait for next episode; thought it would be fitting for Switch to say the title. With Spirit Dance at the end of the month, the next episode should be interesting. I wonder who will voice Switch's brother and Switch himself?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

whelp its time and this week starts switch's past arc....my body is ready ;_;.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* I just feel so sad when watching the ep. Guess it's time to get some tissue ready for next ep. I think I'll need it, but I have to hold it in (I start school next week, don't want to cry in the library ugh -_-). I knew young Switch's voice sounded familiar the first time I watched it, and I never thought Sugita would actually voice Anchan.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one watching this anime without having read the manga ? Judging from the above comments, it seems you all knew what to expect from the last couple episodes... I, for one, didn't expect the switch (no pun intended) to that more dramatic tone (or how all the events unfolded), not that I dislike it.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
    Am I the only one watching this anime without having read the manga ? Judging from the above comments, it seems you all knew what to expect from the last couple episodes... I, for one, didn't expect the switch (no pun intended) to that more dramatic tone (or how all the events unfolded), not that I dislike it.
    What's great about SKET DANCE is that the drastic contrast between comedy and drama works well; it's BECAUSE the comedy is so over-the-top that we can have really dark stories like this one.

Gah, Switch Off is always so sad. ;_____; The anime adapted the backstory really well starting with Sugita's acting which was exceptionally well-done: the additions such as Anchan buying the computer programming book for his brother, the last scene in the clubroom, and the ED that only depicted Switch were bittersweet.

Just like my reaction to the manga, I have no words. My feelings are a soggy mess.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ya this was a really well adapted episode too my favorite chapter in the whole manga and one of my most favorite chapters of all time. i agree sugiatas acting was really well done as was the others. i really liked the ending exclusive too switch and made it more sad since it showed the good moments....and the bad ones. im also curious on when we will get himekos backstory maybe during the fourth cour but who knows.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the rare shows which puts out an equal (or sometimes better) amount of quality than the original. I've been really impressed with how the anime writers have adapted the manga so far: they add fillers that actually make sense in the context of the story and expanded on things Shinohara-sensei couldn't add.

I have high hopes for Himeko and Bossun's backstories.

---------- Post added October 05, 2011 at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was September 28, 2011 at 09:22 PM ----------

I never expected the producers to actually MAKE the Gintama crossover. I guess it was feasible because both series run in JUMP, but I'm wondering how much copyright both shows had to break.

Sugita doesn't get a breather does he? First he had a lot of lines in Switch Off, and then he talks a lot (as Gin-san) in this episode. I guess to balance things out, Switch sadly didn't have a lot of lines.

It was an entertaining episode, and my only gripe is that Gin-san looked odd- it's understandable since it's a different studio having to do character designs they didn't expect.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel kind of bad for not commenting in this thread for a while, seeing as I did start it . Anyway, after two busy months I decided to catch up on all the Sket Dance episodes I had missed. I loved the Kaimei Rock Festival episodes, the animation quality was fantastic and the direction was great, as was the music. The anime managed to make me really like the Vivage arc, and arc which was pretty weak compared to other storylines in the manga. A lot of episodes were hilarious (though that shouldn't come as a surprise), especially the Yamanobe ones. Switch Off was very well done, probably my favourite storyline from the manga, my only gripe with it is that I think the animation should've been KRF quality. As for the hilarious crossover episodes, Sket Dance's episode was funnier in my opinion, but I lovedd seeing the Sket Dan redesigned in Gintama!

The second opening and ending were awesome, why did they have to change them after just a few episodes? This new opening might have an awesome Gackt song, but the animation seems pretty lazy. And the ending... The song sucks (very bad vocals...) and it seems to be trying so hard to be sexy, yet doesn't seem to be able to pull it off.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the Switch Off episodes, never expected that this would be so sad
    a really well done story, never thought that Sket Dance could actually have such a dark and sad story, I was completely stunned while watching.

Now I'm really looking forward to Bossun's and Himeko's backstory, so far I absolutely loved the anime! Maybe I will check out the manga too

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the opening has changed a bit. Some of the drawings look better now. That or I'm seeing things... Does anyone know what the first half of the episode was parodying (the scene with the crows to be specific)?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Looks like the opening has changed a bit. Some of the drawings look better now. That or I'm seeing things... Does anyone know what the first half of the episode was parodying (the scene with the crows to be specific)?
    No you didn't see things, the animation when Bossun walks and you see all the characters in the background definitely changed. Like they were redrawing all the characters in the background, it's especially obvious with Momoka who now moves a bit and looks like she was completely redrawn. And Dante's appearance got much more colorful + they changed the drawings for when their friends are watching Bossun/Tsubaki run, it's obvious when you take a look at Arata and Mr. Good looking chef (forgot his name XD). Dunno why the drawings were kinda bad at first but now they look completely fine, there were some minor changes here and there too.

Dunno what the ep was parodying but I enjoyed it, especially the Ramen part. Bossun's expression when he was eating it was so hilarious

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast