Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: SKET DANCE

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SKET DANCE

Watched the switch off arc too, I'm only up to episode 26 for now.
    Anyway, that was an unexpected arc but also an emotional backstory.
    Now everything about switch is explained. I feel sad for that guy, he had to carry the burden for the rest of his lives..
    I'm really glad that he met bossun and himeko

Tbh, when switch off started out, I thought the one who is going to die is the older brother and the younger
    brother is the current switch..but by the climax of episode 25 I realize how switch took off his spectacles
    during the opening and went.."OH!" .
    Switch off arc is really depressing and I was shaking during the climax of it.
    But switch was able to confess his love..but because of that incident he cannot be with that girl.
    I hope she shows up in the future sometime.
    I guess this teaches us how important words are and to think before you speak. It also teaches us to move on, like switch.
    That girl being the insane one is kindda hinted at but to take that turn is unexpected for a shounen manga.

For anyone wanting the ending song to the switch arc, it's in the same album as CLOVER by The SketchBook as an extra song.
    Let me repeat this.. switch off arc

Looking forward to the day when Himeko and Bossun backstories get animated.
    Banzai Sket dance!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I feel kind of bad for not commenting in this thread for a while, seeing as I did start it . Anyway, after two busy months I decided to catch up on all the Sket Dance episodes I had missed. I loved the Kaimei Rock Festival episodes,
    I'm not watchiing Sket Dance anime on a regular basis either, but I think I would be interested in watching the Kaimei Rock Festival ones and the flashbacks. Can someone tell me which episodes number it is ?
    Thanks

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm not watchiing Sket Dance anime on a regular basis either, but I think I would be interested in watching the Kaimei Rock Festival ones and the flashbacks. Can someone tell me which episodes number it is ?
    Thanks
    The Kaimei Rock Festival Arc is two eps long, specifically ep 16/17. If you just want the Rock Festival itself you only need to see ep 17 but it would be a good idea to watch the whole thing, that way it gets more emotional. The first song the Sket Dance group sings is the song for the second OP too. If you want to check it out, watch ep 18.
    The Switch Off Arc (Switch flashback) starts in the middle of ep 24 and ends with ep 25. I would highly recommend it to you, the flashbacks were the best episodes so far (drama and story wise).
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 23, 2011 at 03:18 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched episode 30. Looks like the next episode will be the Bakuman crossover, though Saiko and Shujin weren't in the preview. Can't wait to see it!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

geez Sket dance thread is Dead Already 36 ep is out. They are showing Onihimes past and how Bossun changed her and all.
    Sket dance is turning out to be Quite an awesome series it has a dentral story but it has a lot of interesting side stuff too.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviving the Sket Dance thread I hope we have some members here who are still watching it because I think the producing studio is doing a good job.

Talking about recent episodes I think that Agata and Michiru's farewell was well done. The two new council members have fitting VA's - I really enjoyed their first appearance in the last episode

Now I really hope that the Sket Dance anime will continue all the way until the end (though with the current pace the anime team will catch up soon if they don't add some filler) and not end the series - with Gintama taking over it's time slot I hope it just means a new time slot for the Sket Dance anime :/

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Now I really hope that the Sket Dance anime will continue all the way until the end (though with the current pace the anime team will catch up soon if they don't add some filler) and not end the series - with Gintama taking over it's time slot I hope it just means a new time slot for the Sket Dance anime :/
    I also hope it's just Sket Dance moving to another spot and not cancellation. (But then again it follows a story line where it can either continue forever or end immediately.)

My impression is that the anime has been doing a good job so hopefully it will have another season at least.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So Sket Dance will end at Episode 77 am i right? Thats so...

Well ginatma is back... But it will leave a big big Gap... =(

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Gintama is also very close to the source material than maybe Sket dance will only take 1 year break and be back for more, at least that's the way I see it coming.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping they would have some filler episodes to widen the gap between the anime and manga. I know fillers get a bad wrap, but Sket Dance has done a pretty good job with some of the changes they made- some of which were executed better than the manga.

Since that's not happening, I guess all we have to do is hope for a second part.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I was hoping they would have some filler episodes to widen the gap between the anime and manga. I know fillers get a bad wrap, but Sket Dance has done a pretty good job with some of the changes they made- some of which were executed better than the manga.

Since that's not happening, I guess all we have to do is hope for a second part.
    Yeah. They skipped "Falken" if I remember correctly?
    SO there is much to show. Hopes up for season 2 aber Gin Tamas one year comeback

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post

Didn't see it coming and I really fear we won't get another season I don't know the reason as to why they're stopping now (well because of Gintama yeah but that could have went to another timeslot too) but I feel like it wasn't that popular :/ probably decent but not more, at least that's the impression I got. Who knows though, maybe they really are getting a bit close and want to make a break.

Me's really hoping for another season, there are so much more great things to animate

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Yeah. They skipped "Falken" if I remember correctly?
    SO there is much to show. Hopes up for season 2 aber Gin Tamas one year comeback
    I would like to see how the ratings were near the end to see if it is a hiatus or a cancellation. It would be nice to see it return.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Didn't see it coming and I really fear we won't get another season I don't know the reason as to why they're stopping now (well because of Gintama yeah but that could have went to another timeslot too) but I feel like it wasn't that popular :/ probably decent but not more, at least that's the impression I got. Who knows though, maybe they really are getting a bit close and want to make a break.

Me's really hoping for another season, there are so much more great things to animate
    The news really was unexpected, and I agree that it might not have another season. I think Sket Dance was doing okay with ratings, but Gintama might have been a better option from a financial standpoint. Gintama can profit from TV ads of its merchandise as well as releasing movies for more money, but Sket Dance is not really a series where you can create a "brand" from it.

I hope so too! The manga has been doing great recently.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Please come back SKET Dance Never in my life have i missed an anime that ended prematurely like i miss SKET Dance. The closest competitor is probably School Rumble as its season 2 cliffhanger ending SUCKED

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5