Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Anime Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm the newbie here!
    Welcome and enjoy!!

Rin is the typical antihero character I like,
    ANTIhero???

I have a question, though. How much does the anime following the manga? As I noticed that the manga is still on-going. I think anime which is based on an on-going manga can become somehow different from the manga because there are still chances open about what would happen next.
    The anime follows closely the manga. There are some minor additions and tiny changes to the characters though. There are filler episodes, but they were based on sidestories by the same author.

I forgot to write something very random. That babyshiba advertisement at the middle of the anime is way, way, way too cute that I really want one. *dies* >___<
    Haha, I want to kill them

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Antihero? An anti-hero is a person who fights against evil by any means necessary with no code of honor and questionable ethics. Rin is too good to be an anti-hero.

Spoiler show

I've been wanting to kill those babyshiba's since they first started interrupting my Star Driver viewing.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome, Kryanka. ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by shukketsumaru View Post
    Antihero? An anti-hero is a person who fights against evil by any means necessary with no code of honor and questionable ethics. Rin is too good to be an anti-hero.

Spoiler show
    Oh, I thought antihero are protagonists who don't seem to be the "kind" antihero, like get angry easily, sarcasm, cold, and such. But I seem to be wrong. Thanks for correcting me, shukketsumaru!

LOL, I admit that the babyshiba can be kinda annoying, especially when the plot gets interesting; it feels as if the atmosphere switched too sudden that it made me go and . XD

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Defade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

shukketsumaru's description of an anti-hero, while valid, is a tad bit extreme. The meaning of anti-hero has grown rather broad these days, considering that anyone that goes against the 'knight in shining armor' hero archetype can count as one, not all of them have to be morally deprived. And that's a lot - ranging from (as you've described) a sarcastic, cold person who still does good deeds to an extreme believer of ends justify the means - sometimes only a 'hero' by name.

tvtropes has a rather informative article concerning several types of characters that are commonly considered anti-heroes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...leOfAntiHeroes

That said, I don't quite see Rin as necessarily an antihero - but I do consider Rin to be slightly anti-'shounen' hero in that...buried within an assortment of characteristics you'd expect from a typical shounen hero is...a semblance of common sense. The point when he refused Bon's challenge was when I started taking a liking to him.(and even before that, I appreciated how he kept his priorities in order in ep 4 after Yukio supposedly shot Shiemi - he's still yelling at Yukio, but that didn't hinder him a bit in dispatching the demon) Despite being somewhat of a book dumb character, Rin actually comes off as surprisingly perceptive and smart at times - to me, at least.
    Last edited by Defade; June 20, 2011 at 04:12 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao No Exoricist Episode 10

Click here to Watch Online/Download -->http://www.animefans.tv/downloads/series/433.html

More Links -->http://www.animefans.tv/f808/ao-no-e...html#post95884

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Defade, thank you very much for explaining it more to me! It seems like my definition of antihero was a bit off, so thanks to that explanation, I think I understand it more. Thinking about it again, I changed my mind; Rin is not an antihero character, although he may possess some traits of an antihero.

Thanks for the link, Drago! But the size is so big, I'll just wait for the LQ one at cyber12. >__<

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Young Yukio was so cute!
    Ok, so the cat can turns into a huge demon only if he's not somebody's familiar? Aw, I hoped to see him fight alongside Rin some day. Kuro was cute and his voice only a little annoying. I missed the part where Rin and Yukio get drunk on catnip wine...

I understand holy water and other holy stuff, but using holy wine as ammo is plain - not right.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Defade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuro can turn into a huge demon anytime he wants (as you can see from ep 11's preview), it's just that his 'normal mode' is that of a small, black cat.

Also, shameless self-plug: http://defade.livejournal.com/363810.html#cutid1

Translation of the demon guide on the official site.
    Last edited by Defade; June 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched episode 10, and simply. Holy. F**k. Kuro is too friggin adorable, I kept going "...KITTTTY!!"

The scene with Yukio and Rin was absolutely priceless.

Yukio: Did you get me the water I asked for?
    Rin: Uh... sorry, no... ;^^
    Yukio: ... -_____- (or the if-you-weren't-my-brother-I'd-shoot-you look)
    Rin: But you can have the extra ice cream!
    Yukio: ....... -_____________- ...... You got more for yourself?

Siblings. So I thought that was an excellent scene, and they played Rin and Yukio's argument following well. Especially that Rin started to defend him breaking the glasses as "a miracle", and Yukio was just roaring pissed (they're like Red Oni and Blue Oni, except colors reversed). They appropriately emphasized how Yukio looks a lot like Rin without his glasses. Am I the only one who noticed that the anime team decided to sex Yukio up by making him not button his coat completely to allow for a partial chest view?

Kuro was between annoying and cute. I think he should sound at least a little older. Sometimes the VA could hold the voice, the rest she couldn't. Also, I miss Kuro's little fang! Kuro's attack mode was sloppily animated at parts, but whatever. Kuro's sleep mode was great (and his little cat dance was hilarious.) What is this world coming to when a cat is getting drunk off of special alcohol? XD

The flashbacks were pretty good and improved on even.

Only things that really bothered me was the ad placement at the beginning, and how the team of exorcists decided to sit back and eat popcorn while an esquire talked to a demon that they were having trouble with. It was more appropriate that they hid behind barriers and were waiting for Yukio instead of watching Rin talk to the cat. I really can't stand how the anime makes additional characters into spectators for Rin's Crowning Moments of Awesome.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Defade, thank you very much for explaining it more to me! It seems like my definition of antihero was a bit off, so thanks to that explanation, I think I understand it more. Thinking about it again, I changed my mind; Rin is not an antihero character, although he may possess some traits of an antihero.

Thanks for the link, Drago! But the size is so big, I'll just wait for the LQ one at cyber12. >__<
    I see, so you are looking for Encoded link? well we have a encoding team who will encode the links and its far better than Cyber12 and other LQ version.

Just book mark this thread -->http://www.animefans.tv/f839/%5Brs-m...044/index.html

or check above link i posted

He will regularly update Ao No Exorcist, You can check the thread for latest after of its original release normally he adds the latest episode within one hour after the original release which at Crunhyroll

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

ugh the babyshiba are killing me im like yes yes awesome *babyshiba comes* and then it comes back it just ruins it sometimes but still they are kinda cute in a way but not in the middle of the episode lol no please

anyway episode ten was one i was waiting for apart from
    Spoiler show
    and i loved it, Kuro's voice i think suits him ^^ even though it sounds a bit girly its cute for him. he's so adorable!

They animated this in a perfect way Drunk Kuro was topnotch in kawaiiness xD i loved how Rin and Kuro bonded to and it was funny in the beginning with the two brothers they have a nice sibling relationship but it shows that Yukio hasnt accepted him in a way i think he's still wary of him.

All in all 7/10

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the link, Drago! I've found another site, though, to be honest, but thanks anyway. It is always good to have more than one source.

Spoiler show

I only have one question left:

Spoiler show

In anyway, I enjoyed this episode, and I'm looking forward for the beach episode. ^^

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Oh well, when you face life-or-death situations on daily basis, it is only understandable, right? XD

Anyway, LOLed a lot at this eps...
    Brothers bickerings are always interesting to look at though I wonder how crybaby Yukio can change so much into this serious guy. :P And oh, Yukio is unsensitive about love. *sigh*

Cat Sith. My ears perked up when I heard that. It's well-known mythical creature (well, for those who like legends and myths anyway) and an interesting one at that which was why I looked forward to this eps a lot. I'm not disappointed though I frowned at its two tails. Japanese really like cats with two-tails, eh?
    Normally, I don't like cats but I made another exception for Kuro (there are only two other exceptions so it means that Kuro is really worthy). He totally won over my heart when he's crying. I really want to pick him up and bring him home. Too kawaii... >.< He's even more kawaii when he tried to take the wine from Yukio. Gyaaa~ >.<
    I realized something though.
    Shiro named Kuro.
    I wonder if it's deliberate. :P

I LOLed hard too when Rin literally used his head. Yukio's expression was priceless. XD
    I'm really touched (as do Kuro, apparently) to see the similarity between Rin and Shiro. Oh my, it makes me remember a saying "family isn't just about blood".

Oh my, I crave for more episodes and Kuro! >.<
    Last edited by yukihime03; June 21, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Yukio: Did you get me the water I asked for?
    Rin: Uh... sorry, no... ;^^
    Yukio: ... -_____- (or the if-you-weren't-my-brother-I'd-shoot-you look)
    Rin: But you can have the extra ice cream!
    Yukio: ....... -_____________- ...... You got more for yourself?
    Haha, actually, his right eye is like -____- and his left eye is sad about his brother's stupidity.

I don't think they make Rin more awesome, on the contrary, he seems more immature than in the manga. But I may be biased.

I wonder how strong Rin's head is, considering that he bumped his head with that cat's big head and he only got that little bleeding? What was THAT?! O.o
    We will know his limits once he breaks his skull one of these days

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Weird..there was no babyshiba for me this episode..
    I kindda miss it
    Great episode, interesting foreshadowing of Rin, his dad and paladin.
    Rin is a much more likable character than I thought he'll be. Kuro is adorable too.
    About the head bumping thing, I was surprised too. I mean, how hard is his head
    Yukio seems to be very cautious about rin and is constantly giving him advice.
    I figure there's going to be an upcoming arc about that guy with the green hair soon, the first serious arc in AoE.
    Although, I find it a little weird for mephisto to have such high expectations of Rin.
    Sure, he's satan son but he still can't control his powers or use it very well.

New Reply
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast