Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist

lol well kazue did make a flower demon so out of the two i think a mushroom demon is much more menacing. idk i just couldn't take a talking flower seriously if i was fighting it.
    maybe shiro and rin were just running away the entire time and they shortened into 19 minutes??? yeah i know sounds bad to me too.
    they did show satan starting to rip off shiro's fingers but that was stopped when they showed rin's OMG face. part of the reason why i like anime so much more than american cartoons is because they aren't afraid to show the blood, which adds to the realism. oh well maybe they were worried about younger audiences????so far anime, not living up to its expectations. D:

(now to stop procrastinating and go work on preparing for the AP BIO exam...i haven't studied at all and i'm totally freaking!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by l3gitimat3 View Post
    lol candy. my head started hurting from just looking at that block of text xD i started reading it, then someone tried talking to me and haha everything fell apart after that ^^;

i didnt like the 2nd episode as much as the 1st.
    i did, however, like the OP.... but i like every OP or ED of any anime i ever watch xD

i really didnt like how the people at the monestary knew about rin. i especially hated how they were there. watching... i felt uncomfortable for rin QoQ

i didnt exactly hate when yukio came in in the end. i mean, it seriously screws up the storyline though ... WRRYYYY A-1???!!! D; i am in fear for the rest of the series...

BUT! maybe rin thought yukio couldnt see his demonic features because he doesnt know he has a mashou? i dont think rin knows yukio is an exorcist yet anyways
    lol sorry didn't mean to make such a long post! but i thought rin didn't know anything about mashou until yukio started teaching and mephisto explained it to him. maybe, JUST maybe A-1 has something up their sleeves that will fix all this nonsense!!!
    Last edited by candy; April 25, 2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

actually, now that i think about it, didnt shiro in the episodes explain that "lot of people knew but u didnt" kind of thing? and rin was all like "everyone knew?!"
    so i think he knows yukio knows about him being a demon. however, i dont think he knows yukio is an exorcist, so when he comes to teach in the next episode he's still gonna be all "AMG". i think everything will still work out! C:<

im still in fear for the rest of the series though...
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can d/l the OP now. It's pretty jazzy and I like how they protrayed Kato's theme of "the growth of a boy who was born between Satan and a human".

I thought the episode was good, and I didn't mind the changes they made. I think the animators decided to involve Astaroth and his minions to show how intense the situation was for Rin, Shirou, and the others (protecting Rin from being sent to Gehenna). Likewise, I think they made the priests in exorcists to showcase the different types there are. However, with these changes, I wonder how will the priests behave around Rin? Would they try to act like everything is normal or would they want to hunt him down since he has awakened?

The thing I like the best was how they depicted Rin's relationship with Shirou. The flashbacks really helped show how Shirou loves Rin no matter what especially when it seemed like everyone else despised him. Too bad Rin realized it at the end after Satan took over Shirou's body.

The scene with Mephisto was great. It was just how I imagined it to be. Next week's preview looks it is going to be interesting and it's great to see most of the characters. ^^

The character page has been updated
    Last edited by riki; April 25, 2011 at 02:18 PM.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. I think the anime is framing the story differently. The main theme is that Rin really is human and is just rattled by his impulses. He's deeply upset by what other people view him as - a berserker or a demon.

Compare that to the manga, where Rin was initially bothered by being considered a demon, but eventually became ambivalent to it. He didn't care after a while, which made him much more rough and rude. This led to the development of Rin becoming more open and friendly with others.

So the anime seems to be working Rin's character as coming around full circle after grieving for his lost human life and Shiro, whereas in the manga it's a straight character development from a kid who was angry because he had no purpose to a friendly guy.

I prefer the manga approach since it's not very ponderous, but the anime approach is fine too.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PiggyBank's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised they didn't show the fingers being ripped off, the anime version is usually milder and a bit less bloody than manga.

Satan's appearance was ok, but I expected it to be more scary.. He pops up, goes "Luke, I mean Rin, I'm your father" and disappears. Somehow it didn't strike me in the manga, but here it seems a bit random.

Anyway, apart from minor complaints, I'm looking fowards to the next eps.

but... evil mushroom demons...
    Evil mushroom demons - coming to attack a church near you!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i thought also - even in the manga - that satan's appearance was too short. i mean, i guess thats to show that even the greatest man cant hold the god of gehenna concept, but i would have liked him to stick around longer.

is anyone else seriously annoyed by how sometimes rin's voice actor goes really high pitched and squeaky? >:C

i really liked the part when satan was introducing the gehenna gate lol. he's just like "gehenna gate". i think it sounded really malevolent and evil C:<

also: did anyone think that guy's familiar Moorkin was really messed up looking? QwQ and the way it attacked was creepy too xD
    Last edited by l3gitimat3; April 26, 2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember if i commented on any of the episodes so far... >.<''

So.
    I didn't like Rin vs. Satan part of episode two, especially when everyone else was watching him (and then Yukio's sudden appearance).... It just seemed odd, and the one on one (two?) match in the manga gave Shiro's death a heavier meaning (w/o everyone else, Rin came off more as 'alone' and 'abandoned' in the manga). However, i was very interested to see all the different types of demons that were shown so far (Kohtal = cutest thing ever since Timcanpy), but Astaroth's further involvement was too much - the focus should have been on Satan...

Mephisto is awesome though, and although i imagined his voice just a little bit different from his current seiyu, i'm sure that once he starts getting more lines, he'll grow on me.

Amaimon and Mephisto in opening = <3

Btw, did anyone notice Mephisto's cameo appearance in episode one? I know i did! xD
    Spoiler show

Overall, i'm liking the anime so far, and hopefully i will continue to do so.
    So. 5 days left xD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so they next episode the twins head over to true cross academy, correct? in the preview we saw a couple seconds of rin drawing his sword, and his face looked so beastly and cool
    excited for the next ep man! xD
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder Ao no Exorcist had all that hype, the beginning is really good. I really wanted Rin's dad to stick around longer too...
    Being anime only watcher, I think I like the opening as it doesn't spoil too much .
    I was kind of shock at first when I saw rin heading to school, I thought a school finally accepted him or something but in the preview it seems to be an exorcist only school.
    So satan is a pure evil guy afterall
    I thought the direction of this episode could be done better, like the scene where the father sacrifice himself, that could have been more dramatic but no complains, it touched me..
    Anyway, everything else was predictable, the way he became an exorcist and such..but I seriously didn't see an academy coming.
    I thought it will have a setting like one in Bleach.
    By the way, its pretty disturbing if I'm Rin and while walking in town I see all those little creatures...
    It disgusts me.

In the preview I saw yukio in the academy too...is he for real ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    No wonder Ao no Exorcist had all that hype, the beginning is really good. I really wanted Rin's dad to stick around longer too...
    Being anime only watcher, I think I like the opening as it doesn't spoil too much .
    I was kind of shock at first when I saw rin heading to school, I thought a school finally accepted him or something but in the preview it seems to be an exorcist only school.
    So satan is a pure evil guy afterall
    I thought the direction of this episode could be done better, like the scene where the father sacrifice himself, that could have been more dramatic but no complains, it touched me..
    Anyway, everything else was predictable, the way he became an exorcist and such..but I seriously didn't see an academy coming.
    I thought it will have a setting like one in Bleach.
    By the way, its pretty disturbing if I'm Rin and while walking in town I see all those little creatures...
    It disgusts me.

In the preview I saw yukio in the academy too...is he for real ?
    that depends, do you want to be spoiled??

I agree that Father's sacrifice could have been more dramatic, but at the same time, in these 2 episodes there was not that much to get attached too (even less in the manga...)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

no love! D:<
    i personally liked the 1st and 2nd ep after watching them several times

lol dont read
    Spoiler show

you can watch the 2nd episode on crunchyroll and hulu now

lol i cant decide if i like the animation in AnE. in some parts the faces look like the manga and are really cool, but in other parts the features look strange and not as good :/
    inconsistent! Dx
    Last edited by l3gitimat3; April 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    that depends, do you want to be spoiled??

I agree that Father's sacrifice could have been more dramatic, but at the same time, in these 2 episodes there was not that much to get attached too (even less in the manga...)
    Thanks for using the spoiler tags and not spoiling me guys

Yeah, after I finished it, I went and read the first chapter of Ao no Exorcist(only the first chapter).
    I honestly like the anime version better and the filler in it too, father's character is a little bit more developed in the anime

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

for me, this manga being turned into an anime is very entertaining. i like seeing things i loved in the manga finally getting motion and voices.

i also hate waiting, so knowing what will happen (or what should happen) makes me more patient. so great!

Zeltrax so you read the 1st chapter? awesome! i agree that fujimoto gets more love in the anime, but i felt i liked his performance better in manga form.

SO! unless you don't want to know what will happen in upcoming episodes, i suggest reading the Ao no Exorcist manga! it's really awesome, and if you dont read manga i still recommend this one! we also have a discussion thread for AnE manga!
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have started reading ao no exorcist a long time ago if an anime wasn't announced
    I held back when I heard the anime was coming, so I decided to watch the anime instead. I'm the kind of guy that prefers anime over manga especially if its something I haven't read but have an anime already.
    So far, its a good shounen

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah backstory is kinda like naruto, I am not a demon BAAAAAAAW, guess thats what you expect from jump!

I like the ending a lot more than the opening the animation is boring(a car driving in first person, REALLY!) but the song is great and that's what counts in the end. I really like the show so far though, especially the designs and art on the demons really creative!

Only 2 eps subbed so that's all I can say for now.

New Reply
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast