Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Zaresh's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist

I think it was his name in the manga too. But Astaroth is one of the most common names for a demon lord you can find in fictional works: very powerful and ancient and so on. For example, there is an Astaroth in the shin megami tensei games and another one in Hellboy comic books.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

anya: I definitely agree with you. Rin in the anime seemed too nice and not brazen enough, especially when he tried defending Yui's story (thought it undercut Fujimoto's awesome factor too, because Fujimoto's the ultimate exorcist, he would've known if it was as simple as a hobgoblin). In the anime, he just seemed clumsy, whereas in the manga he would get violent.

I thought Fujimoto's introduction was greatly improved. They made him seem a lot more like a church father. Still, why the heck was there a boiler in the middle of church? Also, I'm glad they explained Yukio's absence from the house. Narrowing down the side characters appearing in the church was an improvement, making them a bit more human.

Loved how Fujimoto saw the sword scabbard roasting. Excellent foreshadowing.

Meh, ED was the worst part. Alright song, but dull animation. That's fine as long as the actual episodes are good.

No, that kid wasn't Astaroth in the manga. (In the manga Astaroth is the King of Decay, I think he's one of the 8 demon kings, and the Coal Tar is the least powerful demon in it's domain.) But Fujimoto didn't kill it, he actually just vacated it from the human in the anime.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least he was in the manga... somewhere XD.

I didn't like the song either. It was just too jpop-dance for me.

And concerning Rin's character in the anime, I always thought he was kind and cute on his way, even being an aggressive kid. He's a red oni after all, but sometimes has a pinch of blue oni, imho.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i have seen the preview for the next ep. lol. shiro didnt kill astaroth because he makes appearances in the next ep :P (dont know if i should have put that in spoilers cause everyone has seen it.)
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so, is AnE anime gonna come out every sunday from now on? or is there a different release schedule?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's out in Japan on Sundays and the official subbed episodes are out on Wednesdays.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    It's out in Japan on Sundays and the official subbed episodes are out on Wednesdays.
    if you possible give link of official then i can add in my bookmark .. for me ...

i dont mind spoil stuff but i recommend in spoil tag , few of fans don't read manga or not yet .. .

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the link for the English site. Just click on Hulu or Crunchy Roll for the episodes when they're out.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MyuuMyuu's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, at least he was in the manga... somewhere XD.

I didn't like the song either. It was just too jpop-dance for me.
    actually it was kpop-like its a korean boyband whos is singing (just in japanese of course) .. i must say i liked the ending song, and they did a great fanservice for people who likes 2pm (the boyband), because the dance the guys in the ending is danceing, is the same dance as the boyband dances in their music video.. all about fan service. cant wait to see the Opening.. i love Uverworld.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Still, why the heck was there a boiler in the middle of church?
    It's a heater, I think. Probably because it's an old building with no heating.

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Loved how Fujimoto saw the sword scabbard roasting. Excellent foreshadowing.
    I had to rewatch that part. There was no rust (that black lines were part of the red cloth) What Shirou saw was paper seal plastered over the scabbard and the hilt - it was emitting smoke.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyuuMyuu View Post
    actually it was kpop-like its a korean boyband whos is singing (just in japanese of course) .. i must say i liked the ending song, and they did a great fanservice for people who likes 2pm (the boyband), because the dance the guys in the ending is danceing, is the same dance as the boyband dances in their music video.. all about fan service. cant wait to see the Opening.. i love Uverworld.
    Anyways, It wasn't my cup of tea :/. But is not like I can't stand the ED, I will deal with or skip it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

aw. no love D:
    personally i really liked the ED ;P
    i imagine the OP will be more rough and rock style, so the sweet kpop ED is a nice balance
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I lost my taste for dance-y Kpop a while back. ;^^ I definitely hope the OP will be more rock, and much more heavy on the electric guitars (but that's unlikely.)

anya: Ooooh, that makes sense. Thought it was an old fashioned stove, didn't think it was a heater.

No, I meant roasting, not rusting. Roasting, as in a roast chicken.

Anyways, I'm not too happy with the voice of the antagonist in the previews of the next episode (people who have read the manga, you know who this is). He sounds like a creepy old man. I thought that guy would sound like it belonged from a biker gang, not a rest home.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Started this, and I'm an anime watcher, I don't read the manga.

Rin is going to be awesome, I just know it.
    Exorcism is a good idea, not like it hasn't been used before but I like Ao no Exorcist's concept.

I don't like or dislike his brother, he's an okay guy to me. Ofc, he's going to be part of the story in the future because he and rin are twins of the same devil, satan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MyuuMyuu's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I don't like or dislike his brother, he's an okay guy to me. Ofc, he's going to be part of the story in the future because he and rin are twins of the same devil, satan.
    Now you mention it.. i wondered, is Yukio also son of satan too? even if he dosent have any "satan powers" Or is it only Rin who is satans son? Cause as i understood it, it was something like a women were pregnant like all other womans, and then satan just gave (or "impregnate?") her childs with his power, but only one of them actually took the power (Rin) which means that yukio is NOT son of satan.. or did i missunderstod? .. in that case, looking away for Rin being satans son, he also have a real "human" father too, kinda.. right? Or did their mother actually sleep with satan? i doubt so.. :P

New Reply
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast