Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Ao no Exorcist

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Anime Discussion Thread

Anyone know anything about the Ao No Exocist Specials/OVAs coming up? I think there're supposed to air after the anime ended, but I'm not sure if that was true or not...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Random Curiosity has a review of the OVA. It's the side story when Kuro ran away.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started watching the anime. I know the anime goes in a different direction from the manga later in the series. What episode does the anime stop following the manga?

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

That will be episode 15. Although episode 16 contains some parts of the manga so maybe you want to watch some of it.
    Some things in the anime were also changed but it's nothing significant.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I believe the end of episode 15 is the moment when the anime starts to differ from the manga story. Later episode 16 is rather loosely based on the manga and then awesome episode 19 is based on omake. The rest is glergh.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, as long as the OVA isn't translated, I can't understand a damn thing.

First off, the anime has already gone on a few tangents up to episode 15.

0. Most of the first episode isn't in the manga. Still, it's decent to the characters and has gorgeous animation, so I'm not complaining.
    1. Astaroth is not the demon that possesses Shiratori (we don't know what demon it was), nor do demon kings have monster forms that appear like Digimon rejects. That whole siege scene is missing in the manga, along with some of the flashbacks.
    2. In the manga as far as we've seen, no one (except for Yukio and Shiro and Mephisto) knew about Rin's identity to start.
    3. Satan in the manga states clearly "everything I touch in Assiah turns to ash/ just like this body/ and just like your mother" (this minor absence was a portent to the hideously awful ending.)
    4. Yukio did not come running in after Rin destroyed the Gehenna Gate.

That's all I can recall for now. Bear these in mind if you want to switch from watching the anime to the manga and want to pick up where it left off (which would be up to the end of episode 14 - watching the end of episode 15 will only confuse you. You will want to read from chapter 13/14 from that point.)
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sinrixa's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just stopping by real quick to drop this off: http://www.anime44.com/ao-no-exorcist-kuro-no-iede-ova
    It's the subbed version of the OVA.

I'd talk more but I have a paper due tomorrow that I should be working on =P
    Ehhhhh... I'm such a slacker with school work..
    I draw stuff too...

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sinsin!

Just watched the OVA. I was ambivalent and nitpicky through most of it but then...

When they brought in Shiro, I died. Godammit, I love Shiro too damn much and miss him like hell. And everything he said seemed perfectly in character, like him joking about "been so long since I had sukiyaki!" and "if Rin gets mad, his bursts into flames!". I miss the old man so much. Whenever he shows up, it just further makes him #1 fav. Shame they didn't animate the Kyoto arc, I would've loved to see his statements acted (just for "then let me ask you: did praying ever save a single damn person?!")

Elsewise: Kuro, I think in your 150 years of existence you would have learned about tsunderes. I liked all the interactions, though Shura's bothered me (she would've recognized her master's Cat Sith). Puppet guy was funny. I laughed most when Mephisto came by in his limo just to tell Amaimon to knock it off. The pompous bastard.

I was most annoyed with Kuro's depressive reaction regarding hitting the security guard. I don't think the guy cared. He seemed to really like Kuro and seemed to sympathize with Kuro's situation. I honestly think the security guard would've run up with the dish of food anyways, but that would've killed the poetic ending the writers had in mind.

Also, suspension of physics for Kuro standing atop a train made me twitch. But I'm funny that way. Floating in air? Okay. Standing on top of a train? Nnno.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

....I haven't watched the Specials and OVAs yet, but am I the only one actually liked the anime's ending?? =|

I dropped watching around episode 12, then I ended up shot-gunning the remaining 13 2 months later. i didn't see a problem with the plot. Obviously it couldn't be manga based, but it was a nice ending that was planned out and started a good 6 or so episodes before. Unlike other anime that decided to cram a sufficient ending in the last 2 episodes (cough Pandora Hearts cough). I thought the story with... Neuhaus and his wife was unimportant/uninteresting, but I very much enjoyed Egin Yuri's and Satan's bit. Their story was both plausible and possible. I never thought Yukio was completely without satan's power, so i was okay with him getting possessed. Not really seeing where the problem is for everyone else... =/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a while, but the English dub is being released on Crunchyroll. Check out this to hear the dub actors:

Shiro's dub is the shiz. Absolutely perfect.

Rin's is okay. About what I expected.

Yukio's is pleasantly different from the Japanese. I didn't like Jun Fukuyama's version because he seemed to alternate from polite to cold. Bosch's seems to always have this undercurrent of care. It's so younger brotherish. I think Bosch was selected mostly because he can do the range of voices required for Yukio's character, but it's definitely not the same kind of feel I got from the Japanese dub.

What do y'all think?

New Reply
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30