Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Deadman Wonderland

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Deadman Wonderland

Deadman Wonderland

Synopsis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onemanga
    Ganta Igarashi has been convicted of a crime that he hasn't committed, and sent to a new, privately owned and operated prison, where the inmates are the main attraction in a modern day twist to the gladiatorial coliseums of ancient times. Throw in a healthy dose of weird little girl, some new-found super powers, and a little conspiracy theory, and you have Deadman Wonderland.
    Main Cast:
    Shiro - Hanazawa, Kana
    Igarashi, Ganta - Paku, Romi
    Kiyomasa, Senji - Katou, Masayuki

So, possibly the most anticipated series of the season has now started. I liked the manga a lot and the pilot did not dissapoint me. The setup is gripping. A lot happens fast, but it still ain't too hard to follow. It looks good, voice acting is brilliant and the concept very intriguing. Very strong start.
    Last edited by Ustegius; April 16, 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deadman Wonderland

When I started reading this manga a year or two ago, I thought that the concept was pretty sick and very dark. I sympathizes with the main character alot and after such a long time, I still do.

I stopped somewhere when reading the manga and never got back, so the anime is a good way to refresh my memory.
    Is the manga completed or ongoing?

For this episode, it was okay. I didn't feel like it was excellent or anything.
    Is it just me or were there some scenes left out , I do know that the part in the classroom was censored.

The red jewel reminds me of the philosopher's stone, mainly because when Ganta used it, it really looked like the stone and he is also the voice actor of Edward Elric, so I thought it was similar to FMA in that one scene
    Oh and I like Shiro alot.
    The character that I find most despicable is probably the lawyer, I think he acts not only as the manager of DW but also the recruiter.
    He acts like he defends his client but ends them up in his jail on purpose.

I have high expectations for this anime and I hope I'll enjoy it till the end. The realism and the fighting is what I like about Deadman Wonderland the most. The last few seconds of this episode is the best for me, foreshadowing of the various characters in DW.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Deadman Wonlderland Episode 01 is out on AnimeFans.tv

Click here to Watch Online->http://www.animefans.tv/downloads/stream/8917.html

Click here to Download --->http://www.animefans.tv/downloads/vi.../434-8917.html

5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hard to said after watch this esp1 ... mmmm but it is interesting but unquie plot got my attention since i am admit to it ... i never to read manga if you think i need to read manga or wait for anime finish ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

A new anime at last to add on my watchlist.
    First impression, quite good and new for me as its suspense style and story introduction is something you'll really want to follow. Shiro's VA is somehow similar to Nessa from Fractale. I hope the story and animation will be maintained as good as the first episode.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by <.Haruka.> View Post
    Shiro's VA is somehow similar to Nessa from Fractale.
    Shiros VA is same as Nessa from Fractale.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've understood there were plans to animate it already since 1 and a half years ago, does anyone know why were they waiting up till now to animate it?

I think the plan is to animate it fully since the manga is already quite close to finishing so we might get a full adaptation much like FMA brotherhood but some say that the anime will only be 12 episodes but I couldn't find any source that actually clarifies that - what do you think?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

damn they are changing the story way to much they left out one person who's really important later on so my guess is that they won't stick to the original story, what a shame...
    Everyone who's enjoying the anime should definitely read the manga because it's highly likely that we will get an anime original ending. Don't know why they're doing it because there's enough stuff to animate but oh well, aside from changing a lot they are doing a good job.
    I really like the OP, the song's very fitting. They are putting in a lot of little spoilers in the OP and ED, so it looks like they will at least stay true to the manga story up to a certain point.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member <.Haruka.>'s Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with naruto-niichan, its really disappointing they didn't include Azami Mido.
    She would be an important character later in the story even she has minor appearances in the manga. Now i wonder how would they introduce/fit her in the anime.. unless she won't be included and make plot shortcuts or different storyline.

Also in the Dog race (episode 2), Shiro should be riding a bull instead of a chicken.
    But still the animation is still good though I hope later it would stick more with the original storyline of the manga.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate anime studio that changes things, especially when they know how important it will be in the future.
    Times when they 'feel it is better to change this or change that' because of their opinion.
    Deadman wonderland is a good series..they better not mess up.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by <.Haruka.> View Post
    I agree with naruto-niichan, its really disappointing they didn't include Azami Mido.
    She would be an important character later in the story even she has minor appearances in the manga. Now i wonder how would they introduce/fit her in the anime.. unless she won't be included and make plot shortcuts or different storyline.

Also in the Dog race (episode 2), Shiro should be riding a bull instead of a chicken.
    But still the animation is still good though I hope later it would stick more with the original storyline of the manga.
    Good God talk about being nit picky, Azami not being included does bother me, however I don't watch anime so that it is a carbon copy of the manga!

Considering it's only 12 eps(is it?) it's gonna be fast paced just like the manga, unfortunately that's one of my gripes with the manga, too fast paced, too much happens in a short time and it just makes the story go all over the place, still it's got great animation good voice acting, the opening theme hmmm well it does suit the show, but I just don't like it at all, the ending is sooooooooooo much better to me, but that's just me, it gets me relaxed after all the crazy shit that happens in the episode.

P.S sorry for stalking you zeltrax...

P.S.S About the Filler ending, I am already prepared to be dissapointed, my expections for the anime ending arn't very high.

P.S.S.S Also I really loved the omake in deadman wonderland manga, did they work it into the anime too?(maybe I missed them!) if not it's a real shame.
    Last edited by digitaldude; April 30, 2011 at 05:13 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this is just the first season? The studio adaptating this series is Manglobe, who are also in charge of The World Only God Knows anime, and that was also divided into seasons of 12 episodes.

Anyway, I'm loving this series! Nowadays all we get is stuff pandering to the otaku market, nothing really dark, so this season is a real breath of fresh air! I am also loving the opening and soundtrack of this anime! It's been a while since I've heard metal in an anime's OST.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Deadman Wonderland Episode 04 is out on AnimeFans.tv

Click here to Watch Online/Download --->http://www.animefans.tv/downloads/st...jgqdxq_fy.html

Previous Episodes Stream/Download --->http://www.animefans.tv/downloads/series/434.html

Sorry for not updating the episode 02 and 03 i was sick

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusanagi_k's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everybody, I'm watching the anime and started on the manga bit by bit, I think it's really really good!!!

I've a question on Kurou/CROW, can anyone help?
    His catchphrase {ズッパシ} ~zupposhi~
    The scanlations and english wiki say it's {dead center}, the anime subbers put it as {slice/sslice}...
    I can't for the life of me find any Definition for it! Though “zupposhi” seems more like a slicing sound to me.

For example, I did some searching, and what he said in ep4 was:
    「俺のハートにズッパシきたぜ!」
    -That doesn't seem to be {dead center} at all, but... how come the scanlators...

-----------------------------------------------------

And another question, does the Anime air on Sunday or Saturday?? I'm getting conflicting info on that...

The only thing I can understand from the jap wiki is that there'll be 12 eps (this season I guess).
    Is that enough to cover the current Manga material? No, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sorry for the long questions... Have a good day!

Omaeda: Boo-yah!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi_k View Post
    I've a question on Kurou/CROW, can anyone help?
    His catchphrase {ズッパシ} ~zupposhi~
    The scanlations and english wiki say it's {dead center}, the anime subbers put it as {slice/sslice}...
    I can't for the life of me find any Definition for it! Though “zupposhi” seems more like a slicing sound to me.
    For the most part, the scanlations and english wiki is correct.
    It is indeed dead center. I think the anime subbers just subbed it as "ssslice" as an alternative or something but it is
    indeed dead center in the manga as far as I can remember.

Quote Quote:
    And another question, does the Anime air on Sunday or Saturday?? I'm getting conflicting info on that...

The only thing I can understand from the jap wiki is that there'll be 12 eps (this season I guess).
    Is that enough to cover the current Manga material? No, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sorry for the long questions... Have a good day!
    You probably already checked wiki but the next airtime
    is on the 15th of May, which is (depending on your time zone but since your the same as me) it is on sunday and the first airdate 17th april is also on sunday(confirmed) in japan and yes 12 episodes is confirmed.
    About your question on the manga material, it is possible to finish all in 12 episodes but IMHO I highly doubt it unless they rush the pacing like mad. Ofc, this is just my opinion but I think there will be either be season 2 or deadman wonderland will have an original anime only ending.
    I really think there'll be a season 2 tho, since seeing that the manga wonderland is still ongoing.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast