Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 312

Thread: The return of the...Baka?!? XDD

  1. #1
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shogouki
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    The return of the...Baka?!? XDD

    Hey guys! I'm Haze, Australian-Chinaman.

    I have a test for school in about a week but none the less, I'm still hanging out here, looking for new manga to read.

    Any good suggestions for someone who loves Shounen and seinen? Anything beats banked circular motion or acid hydrolysis. Seriously. Just look at the names of the topics. And imagine the pain students all around the world are in, as they parrot everything into their heads and vomit it all over the test paper.

    I've read all of shonen jump, though. =) And I also don't like harems.

    ~~

    New edit:
    Thinking of turning this into a TL'er thread... will post anything I start working on in here, if that ever happens.
    Last edited by BakaHaze; August 08, 2012 at 06:29 AM.
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

  2. #2
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Yay! Another Aussie Chinese! Welcome to MH!

    Oooo wow, read all of the WSJ series, eh? Which ones are your top 3?

    As for suggestions... have you tried Deadman Wonderland, Defense Devil or that new series, Silver Spoon?

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #3
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shogouki
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Hello Iceiphoenix! Thanks for replying! 你好!

    I think that reading all of WSJ's manga shows I probably have some sort of addiction. Also, I just realised I needed to exclude kochikame... stupid triple digit number of volumes...

    Top 3 WSJ? I started with Naruto and Bleach, but those have fallen and others have taken It's place:

    3. (I got to this point and found that it was hard to choose...) Kuroko no Basuke?
    2. Nurarihon no Mago
    1. This is the only one I'm sure of. One Piece.

    I have tried deadman wonderland and caught up to date. Great series. Defense Devil was interesting at the start, but is it just me or is it about to get axed?
    I've never even heard of Silver Spoon, I guess I'm heading out to try it!

    What bout your top 3?
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

  5. #4
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Welcome again Haze, glad you decided to make a thread.

    I'd recommend you give manhwa a chance. Two I'd recommend are in my sigs.

    More are in the Manhwa section, the link is also in the sig.

    ============================================== ^^

    Now that I've finished my standard advertising promo, you mentioned a test.

    What subject is the test on?


  6. #5
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    Hello Iceiphoenix! Thanks for replying! 你好!
    No worries!

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    I think that reading all of WSJ's manga shows I probably have some sort of addiction. Also, I just realised I needed to exclude kochikame... stupid triple digit number of volumes...
    Haha yeah, I basically read all of the WSJ series except Kochi, Gintama and Inumaru. I'm up to the latest with some of them (of what's scanlated, that is) and there are a few I'm still catching up with.

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    I have tried deadman wonderland and caught up to date. Great series. Defense Devil was interesting at the start, but is it just me or is it about to get axed?
    I've never even heard of Silver Spoon, I guess I'm heading out to try it!
    Are you going to watch the anime of DMW when it's out?
    Yeah, I get that feeling about Defense Devil as well. Regardless, it's been fun to scanlate it.
    Have you read Fullmetal Alchemist? Silver Spoon is the new series by the mangaka of FMA. It's not your typical battle manga, but it's a slice-of-life one.

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    What bout your top 3?
    Hmm.... I would say:

    1: Sket Dance
    2: Bakuman
    3: Enigma

    Haha, it's nothing like your top 3!

  7. #6
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shogouki
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Welcome again Haze, glad you decided to make a thread.
    Thankyou!

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'd recommend you give manhwa a chance. Two I'd recommend are in my sigs.More are in the Manhwa section, the link is also in the sig.
    The problem lies in the fact that I have read far too much. Including Fusion Fantasy Id AND Noblesse.

    But I do have to ask, what arc is Id up to now? I got up to the confusing past arc, and was hoping to wait till they got back to the present before continuing reading.

    As for Noblesse, I only remember getting to the end of the first season. And my attention span slipped.

    My fave Manhwa's are 'The breaker' and 'The Legend of Maian.' You? (Or is it just Id? XD)

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Now that I've finished my standard advertising promo, you mentioned a test.

    What subject is the test on?
    Heh. Everything. Meaning, this is a mid-term. I have under a week, but I'm still going to leave it up to cramming, by the looks of it.

    Math. Chem. English. Chinese. Yeah. I'm pretty much done for, seeing how I'm in the final year of my high school as well.

    Oops. I think i wrote too much. It's a bloody essay up there. =.=

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Haha yeah, I basically read all of the WSJ series except Kochi, Gintama and Inumaru. I'm up to the latest with some of them (of what's scanlated, that is) and there are a few I'm still catching up with.
    What is this Inumaru you speak of? *Looks on Baka-Updates* Wait, there's a manga like that running on WSJ? *Cough* I haven't read that either. >.>

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Are you going to watch the anime of DMW when it's out?
    Yeah, I get that feeling about Defense Devil as well. Regardless, it's been fun to scanlate it.
    Have you read Fullmetal Alchemist? Silver Spoon is the new series by the mangaka of FMA. It's not your typical battle manga, but it's a slice-of-life one.
    DMW anime? Dammit, I haven't been checking fansub wiki for a while. When is it airing?
    Yeah, I've read FMA. Makes Silver Spoon sound even better.
    Damn, only 2 chapters?
    Also, thank you for your hard work scanlating Defense Devil! Are you a TL or cleaner or editor? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Hmm.... I would say:

    1: Sket Dance
    2: Bakuman
    3: Enigma

    Haha, it's nothing like your top 3!
    Yeah, I like all of those too, but, crazy and ridiculous fighting is a lot more fun for me =) And Bakuman, well, lets just say I tend to *avoid* walls of text. I've had enough of english. T_T Hard work for the poor TL bloke too!

    I hope this was not too long. Ah, too late, it already is.
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #7
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    What is this Inumaru you speak of? *Looks on Baka-Updates* Wait, there's a manga like that running on WSJ? *Cough* I haven't read that either. >.>
    Haha yeah. Only one chapter of it has been scanlated. >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    DMW anime? Dammit, I haven't been checking fansub wiki for a while. When is it airing?
    Yeah, I've read FMA. Makes Silver Spoon sound even better.
    Damn, only 2 chapters?
    Also, thank you for your hard work scanlating Defense Devil! Are you a TL or cleaner or editor? XD
    It started airing 2 days ago, I think. I'm quote excited, since Romi Paku is voicing Ganta.
    Silver Spoon really cracked me up. The sports teacher is awesome.
    Haha, no worries! I'm a proofreader and a typesetter, but I've recently done more typesetting than proofreading.

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    Yeah, I like all of those too, but, crazy and ridiculous fighting is a lot more fun for me =) And Bakuman, well, lets just say I tend to *avoid* walls of text. I've had enough of english. T_T Hard work for the poor TL bloke too!

    I hope this was not too long. Ah, too late, it already is.
    Oh wow, now that I think about it, my top 3 are all really wordy manga! Oh by the way, the current TL for Bakuman is one of our very own global mods, Saladesu.

    Heh, no worries, walls of text are common in these kinds of threads.

  10. #8
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    @ Haze: Well I do read more than ID . I have read the breaker / new waves, zippy ziggy, yureaka, veritas, Aflame Inferno and more probably but cant think of the other names at the moment. Recently started to read the webtoons, such as noblesse, tower of god, metronome, zusun, chaser and storm bringer.

    So glad to hear you have read manhwa, especially nice to see someone who has read ID!
    Most of the time, those who read manhwa seem to over look ID so thats great.

    Charlie is happy.

    The current scan just finished volume 19. I couldn't figure out what chapter you were on in ID since at the end of all the volume since (vol 4 or 5? I dont remember) there's been flash back chapters about ID's past.

    Oh wait, I think you mean when ID traveled to the past? That part is over, he's been back from there. The story itself hasn't progressed that much though from that part.

    The raws are upto volume 25 : wtf


  11. #9
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shogouki
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    @Icei (quoting takes too much effort lol)

    Silver spoon was bloody hilarious. His reactions to the eggs lol, all he could think about was where it came from. Even though it's really light hearted, knowing the author it makes me wonder where the story is going to go...

    Romi Park? Seiyuu for Hitsugaya? DMW had better follow the manga properly, now that it seems like I'm obligated to watch it. >.>

    @Charlie:

    Yeah, I was talking about time travel lol. I stopped there, because I hate it when the arc is left unfinished and I'm left hanging.

    But I understand why many people seem to not like Id. You have to read the first couple of volumes first before the manhwa actually takes off. Otherwise it's all just too confusing. Also, all my friends complained about Id looking too womanly. XD

    Also, which webcomics a good read? While nobblesse certainly has been, the quality of the stuff on Naver varies by heaps, as I've read really confusing stuff like tower of god and some other one about some kid and a ghost.
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

  12. #10
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    All of WSJ?

  13. #11
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shogouki
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Well, all currently running series that have been scanned, with the exception of Kochi, as it's too long.

    Plus SOME older jump series.

    From this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...%C5%8Dnen_Jump

    there's no way I've read all the series
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

  14. #12
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post

    Yeah, I was talking about time travel lol. I stopped there, because I hate it when the arc is left unfinished and I'm left hanging.

    But I understand why many people seem to not like Id. You have to read the first couple of volumes first before the manhwa actually takes off. Otherwise it's all just too confusing. Also, all my friends complained about Id looking too womanly. XD

    Also, which webcomics a good read? While nobblesse certainly has been, the quality of the stuff on Naver varies by heaps, as I've read really confusing stuff like tower of god and some other one about some kid and a ghost.
    That time travel part is over but dont expect huge plot developments.
    Its like almost zero after that part.

    Noblesse grabbed me really quickly. Now I'm waiting for the next 40 chapters.

    I seen people say similar things about ID. They ask if he is a guy, or confused about something, etc. Well, its explained that there's a reason as to why he looks womanly in the chapters.

    I also like how the artist A.T. Kenny makes jokes or throws himself into the chapter. He is the child of Darkness, aka A.T Kenny.

    Have you read The breaker new waves, squeal to the the breaker.

    Another web comic that grabbed really quickly was called Chaser.

    For manhwas I like, just look at the other post.


  15. #13
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    Well, all currently running series that have been scanned, with the exception of Kochi, as it's too long.

    Plus SOME older jump series.

    From this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...%C5%8Dnen_Jump

    there's no way I've read all the series
    Are you a WSJ fan? Or is it just a coincidence that you read most of it's manga?

  16. #14
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shogouki
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    @Charlie: Chaser, eh? Ok, I'll check that out.

    @Xadyu: WSJ? Naw, just a conincidence. I mean, it was just a quick way to let people know roughly what kinda manga i've read, that's all. Rather than listing exhaustively, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tale, One peice, ZZzzzzz. But I have probably read most things you could suggest to me that aren't new or have few chapters translated.

    Oh, if you happen to recommend anything to me that gets me hooked, AND it has chinese raws, you never know what might happen XD
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

  17. #15
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kami no Procrastinator

    Hello, my fellow Aussie-Chinese! I have come to revive your thread!!

    Congratz on the translator status!! The purple looks awesome~!

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts