Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Of Thrones

Just because someone was sort of loose-lipped about auditioning for the part, doesn't really mean he'll get it. There's been plenty of people on Twitter saying they've auditioned for parts. It's not like the character has to be cast from someone from Iceland either, it'd be nice to find a diamond in the rough, but Mance isn't even going to be in this season.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lynkobi17's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    BTW, I laughed so hard while making this animated gif
    Spoiler show
    The animated gif can't be seen.

Can you make it seeable again? Thanks.

BTW, Game of Throne rocks! The novel is boring though (to me)
    And I hear that a mangaka wanted to release an adaptation, but the creators of the show and novel said NO because the artwork on the mangaka looked like "shit"...

That was what I read from some HBO forum community on Game of Thrones. I hope it was true. (so my time posting here won't go to waste.)

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yahoo, first actual material for season 2 released in the form of a short Behinds the scenes. Well, there was the teaser and a few photos, but that doesn't count.

Spoiler show

Not much, but looks gooood. First glimpse at Stannis, Davos and Mel in costume. Stannis ain't actually how I imagined him, but close enough. Didn't even realize it was him on the first watch (thought might be because it was so fast). Hope we will get to see more soon.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Stannis looks the part...maybe if he had a little less hair.

Melisandre doesn't really look like I thought she would based on the actress.

It's interesting to me that Brienne doesn't appear to be clad in Blue, but maybe that scene is before that happens.

Freaking awesome though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Melisandre looks less.. "mysteriously evil, but seductive with grace" than I'd have imagined. But then again, you only see her for a split second..

I actually didn't even notice Brienne behind Renly until I saw someone point her out in the YouTube comments. Renly looks pretty good with his crown and all though.

Cunningham is gonna make a FRIGGIN' BRILLIANT Davos, I just know it. From the movies I've seen him in and the short images of him in costume in that video, I know he'll be one of the best roles of season 2. No doubt. I just know it.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Davos is a fan favorite to begin with, based solely on the type of man he is. There's no in my mind that he'll live up to the expectations.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the girl at 1:18? is that margery? in the books she's supposed to be beautiful....

or is that brienne?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Who is the girl at 1:18? is that margery? in the books she's supposed to be beautiful....

or is that brienne?
    Brienne has a helm on, so it's probably Margaery. I think Dormer is pretty good looking, but the description of the characters in the books hasn't always matched what the TV show casts. I think they're just going for the best actors.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... I mean, in the books Tyrion is described as one of the foulest, ugliest people in Westeros (maybe not word for word, but pretty much) but Peter Dinklage is actually pretty cool lookin'. And The Hound's face is nowhere near as dreadful as in the books. Dormer does look weird in that video, but tell "The Tudors"-fans that she's not beautiful and they'll call you stupid. She's not exactly my type, but I wouldn't say she is miscast or anything.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Organizized View Post
    Yeah... I mean, in the books Tyrion is described as one of the foulest, ugliest people in Westeros (maybe not word for word, but pretty much) but Peter Dinklage is actually pretty cool lookin'. And The Hound's face is nowhere near as dreadful as in the books. Dormer does look weird in that video, but tell "The Tudors"-fans that she's not beautiful and they'll call you stupid. She's not exactly my type, but I wouldn't say she is miscast or anything.
    Yeah, Tyrion has uneven shoulders, a sloped forehead and mismatched eyes. And then you also have Joffrey, who's described as being very handsome. And then there's Renly, who's described as being really handsome and having long hair. Syrio Forel is nothing like he's described in the books.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about the hound was the couldnt make his scar bigger or the actor cant see anything, it already covered most of his eye so that was as far as they could go, fully agree with everything else you said though.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    The thing about the hound was the couldnt make his scar bigger or the actor cant see anything, it already covered most of his eye so that was as far as they could go, fully agree with everything else you said though.
    Well I agree...it'd be almost comical to make him as disfigured as he really he is, with an exposed skull in some places and everything. You want to be able to see some humanity in the character, and making him look that hideous was unnecessary and it's not something I'm upset about at all.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

First proper teaser!

Not as much material as I would have hoped for, but still great. Well built athmosphere and the shots are beautifull. I love Dillanes voice over, and am certain he will make a great Stannis (asuming that was his voice). Most interesting pics to me were Stannis with Mel and the glimpse of what I asume to be the Red Waste.

Also a new post at MGoT-blog, interview with effects guy. The juiciest bit was that we'll be seeing lot more of the dragons, and also they've shot a lot of the direwolves. They'll be massive, about big as a small horse, and the guy is excited to see it himself.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap that is so bloody awesome, thank you for posting that.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'd bet that that's probably Lady Selyse next to Stannis @0:05

The trailer is amazing though

New Reply
Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast