Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

I think they'll be changing the Tyroshi look. It's not just something that will work on screen. I dare to day I didn't quite buy it on book pages either. I think something along the lines what happened with Jaqen, the original idea is still there sort of, but not in such a flashy fashion as described in the original.

Yeah, I meant Edmure.

Well, that Beric was actually credited as Beric if I understood correctly and is a professional actor. But I also got the glorified extra feel of him. We'll see. I have trust in D&D and Nina Gold that they'll find the right man for that role also.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I think they'll be changing the Tyroshi look. It's not just something that will work on screen. I dare to day I didn't quite buy it on book pages either. I think something along the lines what happened with Jaqen, the original idea is still there sort of, but not in such a flashy fashion as described in the original.

Yeah, I meant Edmure.

Well, that Beric was actually credited as Beric if I understood correctly and is a professional actor. But I also got the glorified extra feel of him. We'll see. I have trust in D&D and Nina Gold that they'll find the right man for that role also.
    I actually had the same feeling as well in the books. Blue hair, with a forked beard and a gold tooth? And that's supposed to be attractive?

The guy does look young to be Tormund, but he certainly has the goofy face. Edmure could work, but I never got much of a comical vibe from Edmure. I went and did a google search for Kristofer Hivju, and I think he certainly looks the part. Especially if he keeps that beard.

Wasn't the guy who played Jaqen in the last episode of season 1 also credited as Jaqen? Maybe not. I think that actor was also credited because in that scene in the Throne Room Ned actually refers to him by name, even though doesn't really have any lines.

Another thing to think about is by the time Beric comes into the story again -

Spoiler show

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

No, those three were just credited as extras. Beric guy was actually like casted casted, audition and all. I just remembered that because it was one of the earliest castings leaked back when they started producing season 1. Or well, they guy tweeted that he was cast as Beric. He has a name and all. David Michael Scott, unlike the three in the cage. Not like I have anything against recasting, could work just fine. Maybe even preferable considering the things you mentioned in the spoiler tags. But the possibility is there that the same guy might even continue.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Oh, and I always had a comical vibe of Edmure. Sad comical, not intented funny. The sort of "that guy is joke" feeling. Not the sort of goofiness Hivju gives out on few of those photos of course, but still.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate Daario.
    Spoiler show

...Totally...
    Last edited by xi0; May 03, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

No, those three were just credited as extras. Beric guy was actually like casted casted, audition and all. I just remembered that because it was one of the earliest castings leaked back when they started producing season 1. Or well, they guy tweeted that he was cast as Beric. He has a name and all. David Michael Scott, unlike the three in the cage. Not like I have anything against recasting, could work just fine. Maybe even preferable considering the things you mentioned in the spoiler tags. But the possibility is there that the same guy might even continue.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Oh, and I always had a comical vibe of Edmure. Sad comical, not intented funny. The sort of "that guy is joke" feeling. Not the sort of goofiness Hivju gives out on few of those photos of course, but still.
    Yeah who knows, but when a guy is just a face in one scene, despite being credited, he's easily replaceable if needed. They did it with The Mountain, and that dude was on Spartacus for an episode this season. Supposedly he was in the Hobbit, maybe that's where the scheduling conflict arose, no idea.

And yeah, I totally agree about Edmure. I think he's intended to come off that way exactly.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    I hate Daario.
    Spoiler show

...Totally...
    Realistic? I guess people forget
    Spoiler show

SPOILERS

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

As an other note, am I the only one who thought Quaithe looked absolutely ridiculous? That mask was just plain silly and the dress actually looked like something one might find from the nearest shop.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an awful idea...DO NOT WANT

Yeah, I was taken aback by how Quaithe looked. What's wrong with her just having a wooden mask? I guess because she's in Qarth she might dress like a noble, but it still looked off.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Her age in the book doesn't change anything. It's still the same sad truth.
    It doesn't change anything? She was lonely and obviously lovesick.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being realistic either. Not saying it wasn't...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

As an other note, am I the only one who thought Quaithe looked absolutely ridiculous? That mask was just plain silly and the dress actually looked like something one might find from the nearest shop.
    Didn't watch the episode but in the book she seemed also ridiculous to me, so that's fine I guess.

Nervermind I made a confusion.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

And actually in the books, I thought Dany is

Spoiler show

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yeah, but some time passes between the beginning of the books and when she arrives at that area in Book 3. Not sure how much, but who knows.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    It doesn't change anything? She was lonely and obviously lovesick.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being realistic either. Not saying it wasn't...
    Spoiler show

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Ah yeah, but some time passes between the beginning of the books and when she arrives at that area in Book 3. Not sure how much, but who knows.
    True. Though I don't feel like the time between Thrones and Storm was that long. Maybe an year or two. Really hard to say though.

---------- Post added May 07, 2012 at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was May 03, 2012 at 06:46 PM ----------

Maan, episode 6 was epic. Best one of the season so far. I actually love how they are doing their own thing with several of the storylines, Dany, Jon, Robb, Arya and some changes to Theon. Not sure what did the Osha x Theon scene serve though, other than the episode obligatory boobs. But I still have the same opinion I've had for a couple of episodes - my least favorite stroyline in the book (Theon) is the one I'm most interested in the show.

I think Aryas story actually makes bit more sense now than in the books, or well some of the choices she makes. I loved the added scene where Littlefinger visits Tywin. Talking of which, Charles Dance is amazing. So is Maisie. Ygritte is perfect, even if she is a lot hotter than the character is described as in the books.

Also happy news - bastard of Bolton mentioned! Maybe we'll have our sick little Ramsay next season! Also the guy playing Roose Bolton is good. Though not sold on this mysterious new Jeyne, am I only one who think she is actually a Lannister spy?

I like that they are giving Danys story more flesh than it had in the second book. Seems like

Spoiler show

R.I.P Ser Rodrik. Your beard was epic and so were you.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Oh yeah, toally forgot to mention the sending of Myrcella/mob scene. Tommen is so adorable. Living proof that not all Lannister are rotten. For first I were agraid they would be cutting the Sandor and Sansa interaction again by having Sandor to protects Joffrey instead, but he did come to his little birds aid! I were so dissapointed on season one when they moved the dialogue between Hound and Sansa to Littlefinger. I hated Sansa in the books, untill her grew on me during Feast. Now I just can't but to help bad for her eveytime I see her on the show. I'm glad she might have found a friend in Shae.

But the mob scene was excellently chaotic. Damn that hand. Poor High Septon.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the scene where the septon was murdered. Epic.
    And I like what they're doing, although confuses me why they keep killing the few Dothrakis She has. :/
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast