Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

I hope the replacement Gregor Clegane gets a little less stiff for THAT scene. We finally heard him talk last episode. He's huge, but incredibly dull and boring. Conan Stevens had that rage to him, this guy is too calm to be Gregor Clegane IMO.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed on that one. Mountain needs RAGE! And when I say RAGE, I mean RAAAAAAGEEE!

Not just standing stiff in the shadow and "sounding menaning" with a deep low voice. Okay, if you look into the books, most of the time Gregor had a quite calm cover, but undeneath lied a boiling kettle of fury. And the all that fury and rage needs to explode in THAT scene!!

Though one good thing about this new Gregor
    Spoiler show

And we can always hope that this recast was only due to shooting The Hobbit and Stevens will return for the role in the following seasons. Wouldn't be too impossible either I think. This new Gregor has mostly just posed in an armor standing in shadows. Talking of which - why did they change epic armor of the Mountain into a more generic Lannister set of armor. Couldn't fit the Stevens tailored one to the new guy or what?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea, it seemed similar to Sandor's armor so one could assume it was a House Clegane thing. But since Gregor is at war and Sandor isn't maybe there is some sense in it. Or it was a mistake, I don't really know. I could have sworn Sandor wore the Kingsguard armor last season, didn't he? Now he isn't...maybe my memory is off.

Yeah, I saw Conan Stevens in Spartacus this season and I was like "WUT?!"...he was only in it for an episode too. Maybe they had issues with him other than just shooting The Hobbit, I don't know.

Another issue I had with the last episode, Jaime the Kinslayer. A Lannister is a Lannister, and I figured Jaime would live by his father's example. The fact that he murdered Alton so brutally doesn't sit well with me. I don't see Jaime being that way. Yes he's a dangerous killer, but he has some sort of sense of justice in his head, mainly the speech he gave Ned about killing Aerys and it feeling "like justice". I don't think book Jaime would do something like that. Yes I suppose it allowed for a Karstark to be killed since we didn't see Green Fork/Whisper Wood in the first season and therefore rise unrest among Robb's bannermen, but it seemed off to me.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sandor might have had the King's Guard armor in the couple of last episodes on season 1, but he definetly had his own armor most of the time. I think this season we've seen him mostly in KG armor? But if I recall correctly, Hounds old armor is kinda similar to Gregors new. Maybe that's indeed the point.

Yeah, Jaime Kinslayer just felt wrong for me too. Well, basicly he is the sort of person who would do anything for his own (and Cerseis) sake, but kinslaying. Besides why kill Alton. Why not just beat him bloody, but not kill. That would probaply had drawn the Karlstark guard in the cage just the same.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I think Sandor might have had the King's Guard armor in the couple of last episodes on season 1, but he definetly had his own armor most of the time. I think this season we've seen him mostly in KG armor? But if I recall correctly, Hounds old armor is kinda similar to Gregors new. Maybe that's indeed the point.

Yeah, Jaime Kinslayer just felt wrong for me too. Well, basicly he is the sort of person who would do anything for his own (and Cerseis) sake, but kinslaying. Besides why kill Alton. Why not just beat him bloody, but not kill. That would probaply had drawn the Karlstark guard in the cage just the same.
    Yeah not sure. Obviously a new costume has to be made this year since the new Gregor is a lot taller than Stevens. He's out with Tywin at war so him wearing Lannister lobster shell armor makes sense.

You think that's KG armor on Sandor? I guess the cloak is white like it, but the armor looks dark and worn like the armor he always had.

Yeah I don't know about Jaime. Because Alton isn't taken the exact role of Cleos, I wonder what will happen in the future regarding their story. Cleos is terribly important, but it won't be the same. But with this season I think that's a safe assumption with most things.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I cold almost swear that there has been a few instances were Sandor wore the shiny white-ish KG armor. Not all the time, but definetly atleast at couple of pictures.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I cold almost swear that there has been a few instances were Sandor wore the shiny white-ish KG armor. Not all the time, but definetly atleast at couple of pictures.
    I think it's been from last season. I seem to always remark in my head when I see him "Nope, white cape but nothing KG about his getup otherwise".

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeez, releasing the Kingslayer is the most idiotic thing I've seen anyone do so far in GoT. And here I thought Catelyn was one of the smart persons in the series.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Jeez, releasing the Kingslayer is the most idiotic thing I've seen anyone do so far in GoT. And here I thought Catelyn was one of the smart persons in the series.
    To be fair, in the books She thought Bran and Rickon were death. She was on top of her limit.

Although I hate her character anyway, so...
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

What Uriel said. They sort of bungled it and she did it before she knew Bran and Rickon were "dead".

In the book Jaime is held captive at Riverrun instead of a Stark camp. Cat sets him free and sends him with Brienne and Cleos Frey (Alton Lannister, the dude Jaime bludgeoned to death) to King's Landing in hope of an exchanged for Sansa and Arya. Edmure Tully (her brother) places her under arrest at Riverrun since Robb is out fighting in the West. We saw a bit of it, but Jaime/Brienne/Cleos have to evade soldiers from Riverrun who came after them, in the books, but in the show it's Stark men who pursue them. We'll see if what comes next in the books is shown in these last two episodes or if they wait until next season.

I'm wondering whether next episode is going to show only the Battle of Blackwater Bay, be most of it, or they'll jump around like usual. I have a feeling it will be the middle choice.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'll be heavily Blackwater, but a few glimpses elsewhere. Maybe full-armor Bolton bastard arriving at Winterfell, Arya & Co. getting in some trouble on the road, Dany entering HotU. That's my guess. Or more like a wish.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused as to how they're going to handle Ramsay Snow, especially considering there's no Reek. Unless there is and we don't find out about it until next season...

---------- Post added May 31, 2012 at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was May 22, 2012 at 06:43 PM ----------

GOOD NEWS

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, today I finished the third book after SOMEONE *ahemGatsahem* spoiled me. I just couldn't resist it. I'm glad they will add Daario, I'm interested on how sexy he will be as much as flamboyant.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

And BTW...
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how they'll pull off Daario as described in the books - hair dyed blue, with a forked beard and gold tooth?...not sure how that translates to "sexy"

I envision them making some tweaks, much like they did with Jaqen's look.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny because a lot of plain or unattractive characters in the ASOIAFverse became good looking on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    THIS NEWS PLEASES ME!

Shireen has been cast so it's only a matter of time...

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast