Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Gay View Post
    That was a pretty good first episode of the season. I absolutely loved the Tyrion and Tywin scene, really true to the book, and both actors played it to perfection. I was a little disappointed in Mance's introduction, where was the harp/he's obviously not the King but turns out to be the King moment? He just sat in the background, but oh well. Otherwise it was great, and as expected of a true viking, Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane) was a beast! Great intro from him. I'm disappointed they skipped the entire fight at the Fist of the First Men, wtf was that! Sad part to cut budget on, but I can understand why they did it, as there's not a single major character there. It's the prologue of the third book after all. Dany's scenes were really good as well, especially the trading scene. I'm glad they made the Slave Master as disgusting and rude as he was in the book. Can't wait for the next episode.

Spoiler: Spoiler from late(?) third book show
    SO true; Charles Dance has such presence on screen and Tyrion looked so much like a child craving for his father's love when making his requests and the way Tywin replied and slated him was just ouch!

Dany's scene with the House of Undying was also good fun, and before that, the boat scene with the dragons( though I'd seen and linked that here before iirc). That slave master is a runt but Natalie Emmanuel .

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah she's hot, but she's nothing like her character in the book

And the acceleration, I'm not sure. It also sort of removes the possibility of what Dany makes he and Jorah do when she finds out about their lies to her when she moves on to Yunkai. But I don't know if there's enough time for all that Arstan Whitebeard stuff, especially without Belwas being in the show. You have to remember, they changed the whole boat thing for the show because they pillaged in Qarth. In the books, Illyrio sends Arstan and Belwas to Qarth to bring her back to Pentos, and she decides to go to Slavers Bay while on her voyage. In the show she gets to Slavers Bay on her own and Arstan saves her there. Except he's Selmy from the start. It does remove how epic the reveal is, as well as a lot of talk about the history of Westeros, as well as revealing how possessive Jorah is of her. But I guess that will just be changed, instead of removed.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy with how they did it. The reveal in the book was so epic because the reader did not know for sure that Arstan was Barristan. That doesn't work on TV because you recognise Ian McElhinney even if they put a long beard and rags on him. If they would have revealed his identity in Episode 5, the reaction of the audience would be like "wow, what a suprise... I knew that for 5 weeks".
    Im sure they'll cover the Dani/Jorah-part some other way.

I missed Mance playing the harp, but I really liked how they portrayed the giants. I have a good feeling about this season.
    Music of rebellion makes you wanna rage

But it's made by millionaires who're nearly twice your age

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same thing. This chapter is good, but I felt that the first chapter should have ended a bit more tension-y.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this from Ustegius' FB today:

Spoiler show

So hilarious
    Last edited by goldb; April 03, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

7. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. I really hope they will cover the whole season like that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I saw this from Ustegius' FB today:

Spoiler show

So hilarious

Though I got spoilers, since I didnt start the season 3 yet

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post

Though I got spoilers, since I didnt start the season 3 yet
    Ah sorry I should've written in the spoiler tag.

Also there's this, which I found hilarious cos I thought the same thing when watching it:

Spoiler: S03E01 show

11. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see everyone loving the first episode, I havent seen it yet since I dont have any internet at home and library internet kinda blows.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I managed to watch the first episode. It was good, however, why did they change Jon's decisive answer to Mance ? The one about his bastard's situation in the book was pretty good too.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, episode 2 was kind of boring to me. Though I do liked the conversation between Sansa and the Queen of Thorns. And it's good to see Jaimie again.

It sort of irks me though that they casted a decently tall teenager (iirc, he's the child from Love Actually) for Jojen Reed. I mean if they doesn't want to use vfx for them to look smaller, then at least cast a naturally small actor for the role. But whatever. And damn Isaac H. Wright (Bran) seems to be starting to undergo puberty, or is it just me?

Spoiler: Spoiler character show

I don't know why but this episode seem to have too much of Renly's homosexuality involved, doesn't it?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    Okay, episode 2 was kind of boring to me. Though I do liked the conversation between Sansa and the Queen of Thorns. And it's good to see Jaimie again.
    Also a highlight for me. Sansa's inner conflict and fears were well expressed.

It's true that the actor playing Bran has shot up through puberty( can be clearly seen in his first scene in the episode) and his voice has cracked a little too. The Reed children definitely should've been cast younger but it's not had left any bad tastes with me so far.

I've never really enjoyed Jamie and Brienne's walk scenes....up until now; finally good to see a fight scene.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post

It sort of irks me though that they casted a decently tall teenager (iirc, he's the child from Love Actually) for Jojen Reed. I mean if they doesn't want to use vfx for them to look smaller, then at least cast a naturally small actor for the role. But whatever. And damn Isaac H. Wright (Bran) seems to be starting to undergo puberty, or is it just me?

Spoiler: Spoiler character show

I don't know why but this episode seem to have too much of Renly's homosexuality involved, doesn't it?
    It doesn't matter to me. Last season Rickon was the same size as Bran, but that was masked by Bran being crippled. This season, he looks way more like a teenager, has shot up, his face as changed a bit...and his voice...it's already getting close to cracking. It couldn't be avoided. I'm still annoyed with the Reeds not being introduced last season, the scene with their vow is so great. But even so, I think they're both perfect castings. Crannogmen are suppose to be smaller than most, due to their ancient history and what's implied there, but I don't think that fact has ever been expressed in the show so whatever.

No, Dondarrion was cast. I guess his reveal will be left for when Clegane is brought before him. This was a bit different than in the books, as Lemoncloak, Anguy, and Tom of Sevenstreams are the ones who found Arya and company. Thoros wasn't there. I think Arya even recognizes Thoros from court before he left, but since he wasn't introduced there...yeah

Bringing up Renly like this again really bothered me last night. I guess it's just gossip, and while I think the character was a good one for the show, I can't consider him as the same Renly from the books. Renly was NOT effeminate. Like, at all. He was a younger version of Robert, with a better head on his shoulders to boot. Meh.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3 preview:

Some hints/spoilers for the next 2 episodes:

Spoiler:  Ep 3& 4 show

source: io9 and SpoilerTV

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I was skeptical of Theon being featured in this season and how a certain plot twist was going to be revealed since the fall of Winterfell and his capture was changed in the series. But given whats most likely coming up I might have to say I'm impressed with how they "fixed" this issue. It gives me hope for some material in Arya's story that was removed by changed plot details being used in another way in this season or next.

New Reply
Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast