Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Of Thrones

Not only that, but heavier the make up the more expensive and harder on the actor. Especially because he has quite many fighting scenes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite character: Tyrion
    Hated character: Joffrey

/captainobvious

Some might be glad to hear that I'm starting to enjoy this series more and more for each episode (as I almost knew I would...). Need to sleep now, but might drop by tomorrow to give some thoughts and opinions.
    Last edited by Organizized; May 02, 2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Obvious indeed. Everyone loves Tyrion and hates Joffrey. I can hardly give unbiased opinion on favorite characters based on the show because I've read the books. But Tyrion and Arya have been awesome. Also, I never really liked Jon Snow in the books. I mean as a character, but I liked his plotline maybe the most, but I think Kit Harrington is doing a good job portraying him. Though Dinklage steals every scene from him.

I loved this episode. Finaly a one that didn't end in bad note. Or well, not so bad as the first two. The ending was brilliant, on the other hand it was very heartwarming. The father-daughter relationship, Arya getting to do what she wants. But then right at end you can almost feel the pain from Beans face as the practice swords clashes turn in to metal on metal.

I think book fans enjoyed the episode greatly, since it had many fan favorites. Littlefinger, Varys, Syrio Forell. I personally enjoyed the added scene with Mormont and Rakharo (or who ever, I never were able to memorize who of the bloodriders was who). The other added scene with Robert telling war stories wasn't so good, but still had something interesting in it. Ser Barristan was bit poorly introduced in that scene, but whatever. The way Lancel was displayed made me almost think they fused his character with Podrik. Also about the new scenes, I liked the short one wtih Yoren, Tyrion and Benjen. Also liked the brief mention of Duncan the Tall. Kinda a shame that there isn't really a convienient way to include all the history of Westeros to the show.

But the high-light of the episode for me was definetly the ending. Damn, Syrio Forell was excellent and the the close up to Eddard...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange don't hear much opinion on the true villain Jaime Lannister, it kind of a like him hate him attitude which i find interesting. The tension with Ned in episode 3 bubbled up when talking over the past king and Ned's father.

Sean Bean really excelled this episode with his acting from showing dis content to love with his family and wife.

spoiler beware

Spoiler show

also where the hell is Ghost
    Last edited by Hystzen; May 03, 2011 at 05:53 PM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    also where the hell is Ghost
    I wondered that too. Damn the new viewers will be like "WTF he had a wolf too???" when it finally had an appearance. They couldn't have just completly cut it off the show. Or could they?

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Never read the books (didn't know about the series) but might will after this. Am I the only one who's seeing the epicness of the third episode? The upcoming improvement/rearmament in the north (training-wise, not so much material-wise), the Stark's situation in the south and the Dothraki inb4epic
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hyst! Glad you have started watching/reading GoT! It will not dissapoint I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Never read the books (didn't know about the series) but might will after this. Am I the only one who's seeing the epicness of the third episode? The upcoming improvement/rearmament in the north (training-wise, not so much material-wise), the Stark's situation in the south and the Dothraki inb4epic
    I would suggest taking up the book after you've followed through season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Obvious indeed. Everyone loves Tyrion and hates Joffrey.
    I hate Cersei even more
    can't wait for the b*tch to burn in hell
    Last edited by AlB; May 07, 2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Book one equivalent to Season one? I was thinking of dropping by the library next week to see if I can catch the first book there.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup. Game of Thrones covers the first season, Clash of Kings will cover the second.

Episode four. Excellent. The plot is thickening. Ned finally starts to unravel the mystery behind Jon Arryns death. The pieces are there, newcomers might even already fit some of them together.

Lots of exposition in this episode though. We learned about the Greyjoys and more about the Mad King and the Targaryens in general. The Hounds backstory, oh yeah. Though I kinda remember in the books Hound told the story to Sansa himself. I hope they haven't cut the Hound/Sansa interaction totally to support Sansa/Littlefinger. Also brief mentions of some of the more fantastical elements of the books. Faceless Men, Lysenese Pirates, red priest Thoros and his flaming sword. Not mention the three eyed crow!

About the new characters, well not many this time. Sam is portrayed pretty well. More screen time for Jory, which is nice. The Mountain that rides. The guy is just huuge! First glimpse of Bronn, who is one of my favorites in the books.

And I'm more psyched what is coming next. Of notable characters Ser Loras should be there, maybe Osha. More jousting and action, hopefully more Hound. And maybe our first sight at the Eyrie. I can't wait to see how it looks in the show.

Oh, and Ghost (Jons wolfie) spotted.
    Last edited by Ustegius; May 09, 2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed! Last 10mins of episode four was so epic I feel slightly light-headed...

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

strange the greyjons being explained now (suppose it is important for season 2)

man this show is getting better that was one messy tourney fight

also GoT manga covers are nice
    Last edited by Hystzen; May 11, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I thought its bit early for Grayjoys. Most have prolly forgotten all that when S2 starts. As the series goes on the more important the Greyjous come. Which is pretty annoying because I don't Really like them, vikings or not, mostly boring.

GoT manga? Heard about an american comic, but manga is totally new for me

Stupid iPod wont open the link... Ill check those when I'm back home

Mostly excellent episode. Action starts to kick in. The Eyrie was amazing. But still it's the first one I'm also have mixed feelings about.

I loved the little talk between Varys and Littlefinger. Two of my favorite characters, possibly the two biggest players in the game. Execellent casting.

But as the show goes on, the differences between the books and the show start to bother me more and more. The book is way more subtle with many things and some characters are handled very differently imho.

Many epic quotes in this episode. "Mommy, I wanna see the bad man fly!" Damn they managed to catch the creepiness in the relationship of Lysa and his son.
    Last edited by Ustegius; May 16, 2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*watches new Game of Thrones ep*

woah woah, is it legal to have a 7 year old kid sucking on his mother's.....assets? >__>

also I don't don't remember any homosexual undertones with the Knight of Flowers and Renly <__>
    Last edited by CBlitz; May 16, 2011 at 05:27 PM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

also watches new episode

1) Horse Decapitations.
    2) Giant Dragon Skull.
    3) The Owning of the Hill Tribes.
    4) Breast feeding
    5) Ned Stark and the Jamie fighting at last.
    6) Gay-Scene.
    7) Varys and Littlefinger having a "Spy-off"
    8) Robert and Cersei discussing their marriage.
    9) JORY owned

damn shit just got real

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    also I don't don't remember any homosexual undertones with the Knight of Flowers and Renly <__>
    Yeah, it's pretty subtle. Not everyone got it on first read, but if you re-read, it's impossible to not to notice the hints. And Martin has confirmed that Loras and Renly are gay. Okay, there wasn't really anything in the first book (Expect that Renly was supposed to be the most fashionable man in the realm. And that's not necessarily gay), but Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords makes it pretty clear. Few quotes from those (slight spoilers ahead);

Spoiler show

I liked it more when it was subtle. Renly doesn't seem here to me the confident charismatic man he was in the books. But I liked

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast