Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Of Thrones

>__>

wtf how did I miss all that, but I guess I never really cared for Renly in the first place since he was a prick. Makes me feel bad for Brienne now lol

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I never noticed but

Knight of Flowers
    Rainbow Guard
    Rainbow Cloak

might as well wear the gay pride flag as a cloak

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, I think this is the first HBO series where they've changed the intro... ever. It's a nice touch that they're changing it according to where the action in the episode takes place.

Also, this episode was inteeeeeeeeeeense! The Mountain beheading his horse, him and The Hound fighting, Tyrion killing that guy with the shield (savage first kill of his life, I say!)... I'm loving the backstabbing, cutthroat politics which are starting to really take form now. The "spy-off" conversation between Littlefinger and Varys was just as intense as all the action in the episode. And shiiiet, Ned already stepped off the post as the Hand? That ending was friggin' crazy!

"The Eyrie... They say it's impregnable."
    "Give me ten good men and some climbing spikes. I'll impregnate the bitch."
    "... I like you."

Jeez... I'm really starting to love this show.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

While the show is still ongoing, I am also very exited about following the progress of season 2! Of shooting locations Iceland, Croatia, Turkey and Spain have been rumored/reported to been scouted. I think they are looking for islands, which would make sense. But considering if they will be continuing to film at Northern Ireland (certain) and Malta (not sure) and then those reports... I think this might be the first series ever to be shoot in so many different countries.

The casting has also started, and here are the first leaked casting calls (no confirmation yet if these are real or not, but seem pretty genuine). The descriptions may contain some spoilers, so I'll use spoiler tags and I recommend anyone responding to do so also;

Spoiler show

Spoiler: Thoughts show
    Last edited by Ustegius; May 19, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched the five episodes in one go the other day, I'm already considering rewatching them as a result of their epicness. This show has great potential, I feel ashamed for not having read the books that are currently out so I'm considering buying them the next time I head to a bookstore.

I'm really intrigued by the setting and story. I'm bored to death with the bad guys always being orcs in fantasy stories such as this, so I was thrilled from the first minutes once I realized that the "evil side" in the story was a race of ice men/wraiths. Additionally the Night's Watch organization is a group I strongly approve of, I would have joined them myself had I lived in that story, of course I would reconsider if I knew more about it's members.

HBO delivers as usual. Great cast, fantastic world and production, obviously large budget and a project filled with passion. TV at its best.

"Winter is coming", and I can't wait for it to come.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6 was so win (spoilers on the episode to follow).

Our first trial by combat. Oh Dinklage, you are so perfect as Tyrion. When he confessed his crimes... hilarious. And the fight that followed was good too. Bronn and Tyrion make such a excellent duo. Can't wait for next episode, where they most likely meet Shagga.

Then Bran. I like they are doing his Three-eyed crow dream. He follows in further and further in to the crypts. In books it was way more trippy. Then the wilding attack. Well, it was changed a lot. No Summer (Bran's wolf) and Theon shot from the back. There was lot of talk before hand about Natalie Tena as Osha (the captured wilding woman). I still don't see what was supposed to be so great about that. But sure, I should not judge by the first short appearance. First mention of Mance Rayder <3

As a side note, I think they are setting up Theon pretty well afterall. He was so minor in the first book, that his increased importance in the second felt odd. I didn't even remember the guy. But as things are now, I think he is well built for season 2. Also, seems like they will replace a character named Shae with this Ros (show only). Not really a signifigant change, since the two are very similar.

Meanwhile in Kingslanding. The kingdom is on fringe of war, and Robert goes hunting. Oh so smart. Ned does an action that on long run will have huge impact - send Beric Dondarrion after The Mountain. I wonder if that same guy will appear later as Beric. Sansa and Joffrey are being what they do best: annoying kids. My favorite part was definetly once again the dance lesson. Syrio is just so awesome, and Arya too. There is only one god. Death You have no idea how big that line was for the fans of the books

And last, but not least, after an episodes break, return among dothraki. I was so sure they would have cut Dany eating the horse heart, suprised they kept it. On the other hand, they are making too big a show about Dany's resistance to fire. I don't recall it being that showy in the book. My second favorite part, just right after Syrio, must have been the ending. Viserys getting what was promised to him.

Can't wait for next episode. Finaly we will be back at the Wall after 2 whole episodes.

About season 2 news, here are confirmed characters that are under casting. Some might be suprising;

Spoiler show

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ustegius, you just ha~ave to check out episode 7. it was streamed on HBOGO, but only for US, we, the lowly races (just joking ) have to resort to torrents in this case, but its there. The episode was pretty epic with a very cool ending!
    Unfortunately, there was no Shagga, which means that scriptwriter is in for having his manhood cut off and fed to the goats...

Spoiler show

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

no SHAGGA????

IM PISSED ...i wanted shagga and his feeds balls to goats lines...

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked episode 7 just now. Simply couldn't wait, the temptation was too big.

And omfg the ep was incredible (again, some little spoiler might be ahead, I try to keep it a minimum)

What an introduction to Tywin Lannister. Excellent. Really conveys the right image. Theon being outwitted by everyone is starting to be funny. Littlefinger is one cunning thing. Drogo was very impressive, when he had more to do than lay naked and grunt. The dialogue on this episode was outstanding. And the ending... wow. They sure know their cliffhangers.

Kinda dissapointed no Shagga. Though there is change that it moved to the next episode. I doubt it though. Cutting the hill tribes would'nt change too much really. But it sure would be cool.

On Stannis casting;

Spoiler show

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope it will be the guy that creates right aura around the character
    Spoiler show

(once the actor is revealed he's going to my avatar )
    Last edited by AlB; May 25, 2011 at 03:54 AM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

It indeed is the one casting that is important to get right. About avatars, I'm gonna make one of Melisandre when she is cast (or wait untill proper promo footage)

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! Screw Targaryens!

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching this series, I'm dying to get the books. Sadly, I couldn't get ANY on my country. And I looked for them fiercely.

Last chapter was epic and I've the deep feeling that there is so much details lost when it became series. And those Dragons, and the mix of stories, all the characters playing a political role! So much excitement!

I avoided reading the previous post because I'm afraid I get too many spoilers. ;_;
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    After watching this series, I'm dying to get the books. Sadly, I couldn't get ANY on my country. And I looked for them fiercely.
    Whaat?! That's bad, I feel for you. Have you checked if you can get them as e-books?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Last chapter was epic and I've the deep feeling that there is so much details lost when it became series. And those Dragons, and the mix of stories, all the characters playing a political role! So much excitement!

I avoided reading the previous post because I'm afraid I get too many spoilers. ;_;
    Yeah, it was incredible. Indeed, some details and lot of history have, understandably, been lost as it is being adapted. But generally they have done a pretty good job in my opinion. So great parts of dialogue cut, but some good added. Only thing that really bothers me, is the talk between The Hound and Sansa, which was cut/ partly moved to Littlefinger.

And I'll try my best to avoid spoilers. I know how it feels and I hate it ;_;

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Whaat?! That's bad, I feel for you. Have you checked if you can get them as e-books?
    Sure I could, but it's not the same. All the books I enjoy more I NEED to have them on my hands, to read them sit next to my fireplace and dedicate to it fully. You can't when you're reading it trough the screen and it's not the same printing it neither.

I'm an old school reader. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Yeah, it was incredible. Indeed, some details and lot of history have, understandably, been lost as it is being adapted. But generally they have done a pretty good job in my opinion. So great parts of dialogue cut, but some good added. Only thing that really bothers me, is the talk between The Hound and Sansa, which was cut/ partly moved to Littlefinger.
    And I'll try my best to avoid spoilers. I know how it feels and I hate it ;_;
    I don't particularly hate them as I always spoil myself a little bit. To fully understand the houses thing I needed to make a little research that showed me more than I should know (Some deaths ;_ but I function well anyway.
    So Sansa talked with the Hound then? I actually prefer having Littlefinger talking there (Not knowing the future consequences of it, also) since He has such a high charisma.

...And I particulary HATE Sansa. Does she gets ANY better someday? >_>
    Fave character so far: The Khaleesi <3 and Renly who is not only hot and gay but seems smart enough as well!

And I have an impression that those Dragons will hatch soon and everyone will actually fear that blonde bitch. 8D
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast