Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

A small clip from ep.1 with Dany watching her dragons feed:

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited for this season, i am probably gonna rewatch the first 2 seasons before the 31st since i have a bit of time right now

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Am I the only one who's rather "meh" towards the new season? After they shortened and changed quite a few things in the last season I'm not so sure what to expect. Not saying it won't be good but I'm not that hyped yet.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Am I the only one who's rather "meh" towards the new season? After they shortened and changed quite a few things in the last season I'm not so sure what to expect. Not saying it won't be good but I'm not that hyped yet.
    Yeah, I sort of feel the same. I have a feeling that even more will be changed this year and as someone who's read the books, it'll be harder to separate things. But I'll still enjoy it for what it is.

This time next week the first episode will be on

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, I'm with ya, sista

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like xi0 said, someone who has read the books will probably have problems with changes but since i haven´t, i don´t have a problem

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Just like xi0 said, someone who has read the books will probably have problems with changes but since i haven´t, i don´t have a problem
    The sign of things to come was the visions Dany had in the House of the Undying last season. I can fully understand why they completely changed it and reduced the amount of things she saw. As much as that sort of takes a lot of interesting things away from the show, it was still amazing.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    The sign of things to come was the visions Dany had in the House of the Undying last season. I can fully understand why they completely changed it and reduced the amount of things she saw. As much as that sort of takes a lot of interesting things away from the show, it was still amazing.
    That´s what i am talking about. I have no reason to actually doubt that scene because i do not know the original.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    That´s what i am talking about. I have no reason to actually doubt that scene because i do not know the original.
    Yup, I can agree. It's just difficult to realize that they're two different entities. Especially when the show is mostly stellar in adapting the essence of the series.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, the first season was better in my opinion cause it stuck closer to the books, season two had some random stuff like dany's story which was really quite boring.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The world was smaller in the first book. But even then, they left out a bunch of stuff in the first season...

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering they are splitting the third book roughly in half between seasons 3 and 4, I expect them to be more true to the source material. But there's always great scenes that don't work on television. Like GRRM always says, the TV series and books are two different beasts. Honestly I'm really pumped. I try not to let alterations ruin my experience. I'm sure there'll be scenes I feel sad about not being included, but you have to realize the limits when it comes to shooting time, budget, air time and frankly what works on TV and what doesn't. House of the Undying wouldn't have worked on TV (@Season 2), but it's a SUPER key moment in the books. I'm sure they'll cover the content some other way, somehow. I think this season is going to be a monster, and won't disappoint. From the scenes we've seen in the clips and trailers, it looks great. This is the season D & D (the two main producers) have looked forward to since the beginning.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how they'll split the books. Will they keep the two key moments in the middle of book 3 for the end of this season and the beginning of season 4? Or will both be in this season? It'll be interesting to see what they do there. I'm looking forward to the Martells next season.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a pretty good first episode of the season. I absolutely loved the Tyrion and Tywin scene, really true to the book, and both actors played it to perfection. I was a little disappointed in Mance's introduction, where was the harp/he's obviously not the King but turns out to be the King moment? He just sat in the background, but oh well. Otherwise it was great, and as expected of a true viking, Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane) was a beast! Great intro from him. I'm disappointed they skipped the entire fight at the Fist of the First Men, wtf was that! Sad part to cut budget on, but I can understand why they did it, as there's not a single major character there. It's the prologue of the third book after all. Dany's scenes were really good as well, especially the trading scene. I'm glad they made the Slave Master as disgusting and rude as he was in the book. Can't wait for the next episode.

Spoiler: Spoiler from late(?) third book show
    Last edited by 3c; April 01, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

First episode was good but still slow. As expected for an introduction. The tyrion - tywinn exchange was the best bit of the episode. And that slave master was priceless with Daenerys+.

Sometimes, I hear people that GoT is overrated. It's not, it's just one head above the rest.
    I believe that the tv serie will take more & more liberties with the books. They understood that dumbly trying to do the books in tv series is not enough. They need to accellerate some things (the selmy case in the first episode), edulcorate others (torture ...), ... So far, it's a masterpiece.

New Reply
Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast