Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Told ya the episode's name would just refer to one boring scene with Dany.

Yeah that was an overall dull episode. The first half or so was good, but we needed something epic at the end to make it a "OMG GOT TO READ THE BOOKS NOW!" kind of episode. They could have at least made Bran meet an epic looking Coldhands. I'm still frustrated at their apparent ditch of Coldhands... Maybe he shows up next season and saves Bran's party or something. They kind of foreshadowed in this episode that Bran will run into a lot of trouble, and without Coldhands that shit is gonna be tough to deal with.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

No Coldhands, but I guess it's understandable. The scene with Sansa and Tyrion was all fucking wrong. Just because he didn't bed her on their wedding night, they're BFFs now? The scene with Cersei and Tyrion was wrong as well. She would have killed herself if not for her children? Huh? What about Jaime? You even have them reunited at the end of the episode. That's just shitty writing. The final scene was sort of awkward and cheesy, I don't know. The Varys and Shae scene was pointless to me. Who knew Varys had such a giant heart?! He refuses to let Ned escape before he's beheaded, but he's willing to give a bag of diamonds to a whore! Whoa!

My biggest gripe is the Greyjoy scenes....they make no sense. Why is Asha back at Pyke? She doesn't go back to the Iron Islands until the Kingsmoot happens. I also feel like they're way too focused on Theon's dick. It's just lewd and gross for the sake of being so. In the books it's implied he had it cut off or mutilated, now we get two scenes joking about it. They're well-acted, don't get me wrong...but just no. In the books none of the Iron Islanders know Theon is even alive from what I remember. So now she's going to sail and rescue Theon from the Dreadfort? That's not only non-canon, it's completely out of line with the events in the North. Not to mention that Balon told her to forget about him. It's just a mess in my opinion and I'm not sure how much hope I have for her uncles being introduced in the following seasons.
    Last edited by xi0; June 10, 2013 at 08:24 PM.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah... the part about the iron born... I didn't like it at all

I don't care about Damphair... but we need Euron and Victarion on the story

I also agree with the Shae thing...
    Spoiler show

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    yeah... the part about the iron born... I didn't like it at all

I don't care about Damphair... but we need Euron and Victarion on the story

I also agree with the Shae thing...
    Spoiler show
    Well, the Damphair might be important down the road, he had chapters cut from book 5. He's up to something, we just don't know what.

Yeah...that was sort of weird

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

So far, the show somehow tried to do their own thing with the personality of the characters, like what xi0 indicated. It isn't actually a problem but the fact that it somehow eventually conflicts with the future actions of the character is bad. I don't know if they just want to mislead viewers or what but I don't like it too.

Anyways, as we saw Gendry leave (assuming he'll be back on KL), do you think his role will be aligned with the books again?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    So far, the show somehow tried to do their own thing with the personality of the characters, like what xi0 indicated. It isn't actually a problem but the fact that it somehow eventually conflicts with the future actions of the character is bad. I don't know if they just want to mislead viewers or what but I don't like it too.

Anyways, as we saw Gendry leave (assuming he'll be back on KL), do you think his role will be aligned with the books again?
    Who's to say? Gendry shows up once more in the books and his role thus far has been inconsequential.
    Last edited by xi0; June 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post

He'll end up with the brotherhood again, unless in book 6 he does something different that doesnt include the brotherhood, in which case he wont need to join them again.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Theon's clip of the week.

---------- Post added June 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was June 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM ----------

9. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's go through the characters this season and how good we think their story was/they were portrayed/acted or wtv. Basically our opinions on them:

Bran: Probably among the characters I'm most satisfied with, if not the character. Not biased at all, heh. Not much happened for him, but the little development he got and story he had was well told. His farewell with Rickon and meeting with Sam were among my favorite scenes in the season. I wanna see more warging though! But the CGI is restricting us from seeing it.

Jon: At the start pretty decent even though it was incredibly rushed. I mean wow, Mance was barely even in this season, and Jon had quite a lot of interaction with him in the books. After that it was OK to me. I felt like Jon's story once again was sort of butchered, even if some moments were well told. At least it wasn't as butchered as season 2 was.

Tyrion: Quite a few non-canon scenes. Overall his scenes were all very good however, especially because many of his scenes were with Tywin and Cersei, and they both help lift up scenes, especially TyWIN. The wedding was great. Spectacular even. Overall Peter delivered a very well acted season. His episode 1 scene with Tywin as well as the wedding are among my favorite scenes this season.

Jaime: Awesome. They captured his story very well, even if he too suffered from having his journey vastly rushed (pre-Brienne duel and hand loss). His prolonged (annoying) interaction with Brienne before that were simply gold in the books.

Robb: Uuuh, what he was involved with was all really good. His acting was great. However I missed many of the canon scenes with him that we didn't get. The same applies to Cat although I'm completely fine with not having more Cat in this season. She's not exactly my favorite character. But both of them delivered awesome acts.

Sansa: eh, dunno.

Arya: Yeah you go girl. "I got money, ops..." Arya season 4 is going to be really good. Like really.

Dany: Daario Naharis. Rest was fucking dull but the interactions with the two individual slave masters.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Bran: almost perfect, the only issues were not having enough mystical talk with Jojen and no Coldhands yet. Other than that it was the most faithful to the books.

Jon: better than last year, which was cute but dull. I thought his scenes with Tormund and the last two scenes he had with Ygritte were so good.

Tyrion: what can be said? He's the driving force behind this show, not Dany. My only issue is them whitewashing him a bit to make him cleaner and more like able. Believe me, it's not like he's his father or Cersei in the books, but his scenes with Sansa just don't feel right at times, especially the prank one....wtf was that?

Jaime: up there with Tyrion and Bran. Just fucking great, and the bath scene might be the best scene of the season. I have some issues with Brienne's portrayal though, stemming from last year and her killing those Stark men. Brienne is supposed to be similar to Sansa inside, instead she's closer to a badass amazon who kills at the drop of the hate. This isn't really supposed to be the case.

Robb: I like all of the actors there, but I'm also sort of glad they're gone. Way too much was changed, too much character assassination with Cat and some with Robb, stemming from why he got married in the first place. They had to push the romance envelope these last two seasons and this plot suffered from it. I would have much rather them make Cat the focal point like in the books, but they had to have Robb on screen for obvious reasons.

Sansa: Decent. I mean, Sansa's story isn't really blowing anyone's socks off yet...books or TV. Next season should be a big leap forward.

Arya: great great great....so good. Yeah shit was changed around, and the scene that revolves around her getting Needle back HAS to be included next year. Has to. It's such a turning point in the books. I was upset when they changed who Jaqen killed last season, since it might effect that scene, but there has to be a way to fit it in.

Dany: so much better than last year. As this season went on I realized more and more how much a disaster last year was story-wise. I still think she's championed a bit too much because of the dragons and how hot she is. But still, this season was a nice improvement.

Davos: this guy is Davos. Great casting. I have some issues with how prominent Melisandre is in the story and what Stannis does. She's also had a few unnecessary scenes, namely her meeting the Brotherhood and her sex scenes with Gendry. Neither really made much sense. If The Lord of Light is behind Stannis, then why didn't the Brotherhood join him? I'll tell you why...because it isn't canon and it's shitty writing all done to replace Edric Storm with Gendry. I'm glad it SORT OF resolved in the same way. The issue is whether Edric has a part to play going forward in the books. Stannis and Davos are great, and Shireen was really good too. Otherwise there this plot line was kind of dull this season..but no matter, considering what's to come.

Theon: really well-acted, but the torture went on a little too much. But what else is Theon going to do these next two seasons that is non-canon and doesn't fuck up stuff too much, other than him getting literally and mentally tortured and his manhood cut off...AMIRITE?! Derp. The little Asha and Balon scene added at the end I wasn't a fan of at all and the less we see of them until Season 5, the better.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The most unnecessary melisandre scene was her interaction with stannis before she left to get gendry..
    all that "I need you" from Stannis.. hugging her
    that was shitty, I didn't like it

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    The most unnecessary melisandre scene was her interaction with stannis before she left to get gendry..
    all that "I need you" from Stannis.. hugging her
    that was shitty, I didn't like it
    I didnt like that either, also they made stannis too much of a douche at times, in the books he is so awesome but here he sentences davos to death? he never did that before, plus he didnt seem conflicted at all when it came to killing gendry :/

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    I didnt like that either, also they made stannis too much of a douche at times, in the books he is so awesome but here he sentences davos to death? he never did that before, plus he didnt seem conflicted at all when it came to killing gendry :/
    He didn't? I mean, Stannish is as close as absolute justice as you'll get in the series. It wouldn't be out of character for him to do so.

What is out of character is the connection he has with Melisandre. It's kind of implied how Mel was able to kill Renly, and what needed to be done...but it's way more in your face. He's a little too captivated by her and her "magic" in the show. In the books, it's merely a means to an end.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Really? Wasn't there a scene where he visits Davos and Davos himself comments that the reason why Stannis came was because he wanted to be convinced that killing Gendry was the wrong thing to do? I think he was conflicted but Melissandra's manipulation proved too much.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I show you guys this?

(epic!)

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

you're welcome people.

---------- Post added June 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was June 22, 2013 at 02:43 PM ----------

20. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast