Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire - TV Adaption)

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post

So awkward.
    I felt distressed watching this video

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20
    Who else is there to play?
    Aeron Greyjoy, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by xi0
    Again, they are minor characters. If they aren't condensed I'll be very surprised. The Sand Snakes are mostly background characters, both literally and figuratively. They seem like they'll be quite important in the next books though.
    I don't think Martell's are "minor characters", especially not Oberyn/Doran duo <aside from that, all Martell's POVs are made by different ppl in general, but going HOW creators of the show made Robb Stark one of the 'main' ppl in tv series story I don't think they would to sth like mix Oberyn and Doran duo - its not that kind of caliber xd>. Just because they were introduced later on doesn't mean they are minor. Without spoilers, Aegon's stuff is connected to them, and going by Arianne's upcoming chaps it will be even more connected in the next books.

Deleted scene from season 3 <quite impressive from Tywin's side xD>:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pSSz_qfTog
    Also, trouts - upcoming of Red Wedding? If you don't know what I'm talking about, read this. I sincerely recommend:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrone..._book_spoilers
    <3
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    Aeron Greyjoy, maybe
    I think that might be most likely

I don't think Martell's are "minor characters", especially not Oberyn/Doran duo <aside from that, all Martell's POVs are made by different ppl in general, but going HOW creators of the show made Robb Stark one of the 'main' ppl in tv series story I don't think they would to sth like mix Oberyn and Doran duo - its not that kind of caliber xd>. Just because they were introduced later on doesn't mean they are minor. Without spoilers, Aegon's stuff is connected to them, and going by Arianne's upcoming chaps it will be even more connected in the next books.
    No, I'm talking about the Sand Snakes there. Anyone who isn't Oberyn, Doran, or Arianne is a minor character. Despite Areo Hotah becoming a PoV character, he's still a minor character in my eyes. I don't really recall anyone fangasming over the character, so it might be the first PoV character removed from the show, or at least, given less focus.

And the Oberyn/Doran combination was just a suggestion by someone, given the show's tendency to consolidate characters. They've even said they have some tough choices ahead when they get to adapting Feast and Dance.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@xi0, don't believe in rumors You already know who/how/what was consolidated with characters/things/etc., you should know Oberyn/Doran are not to be messed up <I would more believe in Euron/Victarion being put into one person >

On PL board they say that Gatiss's shooting days are already over and that he has long hair and his accent is Irish <or sth like that>, unfortunately I don't know if its true. If thats the case, it seems that he will be Aeron and he will play an episode <probably> when
    Spoiler show

What do you think, guys?

Also actor of Walder Frey makes an appearance, it seems.. just WOW.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

@xi0, don't believe in rumors You already know who/how/what was consolidated with characters/things/etc., you should know Oberyn/Doran are not to be messed up <I would more believe in Euron/Victarion being put into one person >

On PL board they say that Gatiss's shooting days are already over and that he has long hair and his accent is Irish <or sth like that>, unfortunately I don't know if its true. If thats the case, it seems that he will be Aeron and he will play an episode <probably> when
    Spoiler show

What do you think, guys?

Also actor of Walder Frey makes an appearance, it seems.. just WOW.

They weren't rumors, it was random speculation dude. Like I said before, it was brought up before Oberyn was cast, so it'll definitely effect what people think.

Gatiss said all of that in an interview at SDCC. Long hair, irish accent, and having to learn many different names.

Walder makes an appearance where?

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Deleted scene from season 3.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@xi0, ok, I understand, you don't like half-jokes, my bad, ALL-mighty xi0

Walder Frey makes an appearance in season 4, just an episode scene BUT he's there. I wonder for what reason.. well, maybe to tell what they did to Catelyn's body <so that ppl watching the show would remember her xd> at the beginning so - without spoilers - cliffhanger at the end would be more shocking.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

@xi0, ok, I understand, you don't like half-jokes, my bad, ALL-mighty xi0

Walder Frey makes an appearance in season 4, just an episode scene BUT he's there. I wonder for what reason.. well, maybe to tell what they did to Catelyn's body <so that ppl watching the show would remember her xd> at the beginning so - without spoilers - cliffhanger at the end would be more shocking.
    I didn't see it as a joke, I thought people weren't reading my post correctly

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"As to where we go from here... season four is coming, and no one is safe on GAME OF THRONES.

Not even those who you think might be safe for another book or two, from reading my novels."
    - GRRM

http://grrm.livejournal.com/328931.html

WHAT IS THIS MARTIN!? Comments like these make my head spin so much. Kind of pointless comment if it's regarding truly secondary characters.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds incredibly dumb...

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

So Gatiss isn't Mace Tyrell afterall <probably you all know by now >.. more the reason to believe that he will be Aeron, haha.

@3c, I think its about the show in general.. I mean it is said <unofficial or not, whatever xd> that creators of the show will do their own stuff regardless whether the next books come before the tv series show the content of the current books.. and as such they will do their own thingy after that <7/8 seasons are supposed to be, right?>. Considering that Martin doesn't want to release his next 2 books anytime soon and that tv show is one season per one year I would say its true <so more deaths or what.. Hodor will die, f*ck >

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

So Gatiss isn't Mace Tyrell afterall <probably you all know by now >.. more the reason to believe that he will be Aeron, haha.

@3c, I think its about the show in general.. I mean it is said <unofficial or not, whatever xd> that creators of the show will do their own stuff regardless whether the next books come before the tv series show the content of the current books.. and as such they will do their own thingy after that <7/8 seasons are supposed to be, right?>. Considering that Martin doesn't want to release his next 2 books anytime soon and that tv show is one season per one year I would say its true <so more deaths or what.. Hodor will die, f*ck >
    There's a difference between taking your own route with the story when you run out of story or don't have the info, and changing stuff when you're not even halfway through adapting the entire bulk of the series into a show. Removing or condensing characters is also different than killing them off. There's many examples of very minor characters being killed when they're still alive on the books, but doing it with someone worth mentioning is really stupid.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be stupid IF it really shows that way - why book fans always say the same..; tv series adaptations doesn't have to follow exactly in the footsteps of the originals <like here with books> - they started changing many things from season 2 onwards and who knows how they see the rest of the show <like the thingy with that W&D knows from Martin who will be the winner and will rule over Westeros>.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be stupid IF it really shows that way - why book fans always say the same..; tv series adaptations doesn't have to follow exactly in the footsteps of the originals <like here with books> - they started changing many things from season 2 onwards and who knows how they see the rest of the show <like the thingy with that W&D knows from Martin who will be the winner and will rule over Westeros>.
    Sure, and most of those changes were very lackluster, with Dany's entire season 2 arc being a complete fail. Her changes were completely dumb and unnecessary compared to the stuff they did with Arya's story arc. She got to Harrenhal quicker, and had some great, albeit non-canon scenes with Charles Dance. The only lasting, "butterfly effect" change that occurs was that she had Jaqen kill different people in the show. Killing the Tickler off potentially removes one of the most memorable scenes from this upcoming season, but the character can be changed and get the same effect.

They completely butchered Qarth and the House of the Undying. I understand changing the visions she has, but not even including a single one from the book? Really? But it wasn't just that, the entire setting and themes were wrong. The fact that Qarth itself was sort of an illusion that was broken when Drogon burnt down the House of the Undying, and what she learned about herself and the world...all of that gone. In the show, Dany is way too simplified and rah-rah-I-have-dragons-so-fear-me. A lot of the gray from the books is removed in favor of things black and white. The perfect example is Tyrion. Dinklage is fantastic on the show, but this season showed how whitewashed this version of Tyrion is. The next season can change this, but you start to question what route they'll take there.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

And about D&D knowing the ending. I don't think anyone was so specific to say who "wins". I personally think there won't be a winner and that Westeros itself will be changed. It's like what Ramsay said in the show, "If you think this story has a happy ending...then you haven't been paying attention"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/08/joseph-gatt-cast/

Might be the perfect casting for Styr.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast