Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 320 Discussion

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 320 Discussion

Does somebody expect to see a God Hand shortly? With the merging with Astral World and all that...and given the fact that this monster is a god, so the flow of od should be tremendous...I don't know if plot-wise it is the moment for such appearance, but the circumstances could give birth to it...thoughts?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    There is really nothing to discuss for me.
    I predicted this chapter would exactly the way it happened. I was 80% correct. 20% wrong on pirates still bothering Gatts. Those fake pirates realy need to shut up and die.
    I predict that Guts' adventure into the sea god will last for at least a few more episodes. Right now, he just made it in and discovers wrecked ships. So, he's on his way to the heart. Probably, another episode before he gets there. Cut to the tentacles attacking the Sea Horse. Then a big fight at the heart. Cut to the tenctacle attacking the Sea Horse. THEN something unexpected may happen.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Does somebody expect to see a God Hand shortly? With the merging with Astral World and all that...and given the fact that this monster is a god, so the flow of od should be tremendous...I don't know if plot-wise it is the moment for such appearance, but the circumstances could give birth to it...thoughts?
    Theoretically that makes a lot of sense, given how Slan appeared in the Qliphoth, but who really knows how the God Hand even integrates into this new "merged" world?

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bohemia22's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone cracked up at the Obama reference "Yes, we can" on page 16-17?

...although I'm quite sure this is not an Obama reference and I'm making sh*t up

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a Obama reference.

It was written in Katakana, so it's a direct reference.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Theoretically that makes a lot of sense, given how Slan appeared in the Qliphoth, but who really knows how the God Hand even integrates into this new "merged" world?
    True dat, since I'm not really sure if this God is an Apostle or tainted by one...he could be though, but IIRC it was said that the flow of Od is different on the island, even though Gutt's is reacting to it...

I wonder if plot-wise it's okay though...I would rather imagine a God hand appearing on the Elven island...since it's probably the only powerful place left, that could oppose the Hawk

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wondering what will happen when Gatts actually kills the Sea God. the concept of fighting a monster inside of itself is amazing. Berserk is classic.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever played Orcarina of Time? The idea of fighting a monster inside of itself isn't new, though it is always fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    wondering what will happen when Gatts actually kills the Sea God. the concept of fighting a monster inside of itself is amazing. Berserk is classic.
    I'm certain that the sea god isn't just an obstacle between Guts and Elfhelm. There has to be something important that will be revealed or gained from defeating it.

Considering its immense size, I wonder if it is even possible for Guts alone to kill the god from within. I don't think that Guts' strategy of going to the heart will be what kills the beast. I think that there will be some resistance or something that will be protecting the heart (if that trully the sea god's weak point.)

I'm still waiting for something completely unexpected to show up or happen. Be it godhands or skullknight or something else. Maybe the sea god itself will actually communicate to Guts.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I'm certain that the sea god isn't just an obstacle between Guts and Elfhelm. There has to be something important that will be revealed or gained from defeating it.

Considering its immense size, I wonder if it is even possible for Guts alone to kill the god from within. I don't think that Guts' strategy of going to the heart will be what kills the beast. I think that there will be some resistance or something that will be protecting the heart (if that trully the sea god's weak point.)

I'm still waiting for something completely unexpected to show up or happen. Be it godhands or skullknight or something else. Maybe the sea god itself will actually communicate to Guts.
    The bolded part: well most likely this will be the first occasion for Gatts to actually wrestle with a God...he moved from Apostles to Gods, which is a step closer to defeating the God Hands...I'm awaiting some kind of more powerful control of himself and his animalistic desires(the dog in the armor), so maybe we might witness a powerup...

But UR idea is certainly interesting...talking with a God, and maybe revealing some stuff about the older lore and how this change affected this world...I know I would certainly look forward to something like that

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

"God"? I think that is just a nickname that creature has. After all the God Hands are only God's Hands

Even though Miura doesn't want that chapter of Griffith meeting "God" to be part of the story anymore, he said he only wants to leave it out because he wants everyone to be free to imagine what kind of God would rule the Berserk-Universe. I still think it remains as a universe with only one "God" though, which is ranked higher than God Hand. The "Sea God" certainly is not.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    "God"? I think that is just a nickname that creature has. After all the God Hands are only God's Hands

Even though Miura doesn't want that chapter of Griffith meeting "God" to be part of the story anymore, he said he only wants to leave it out because he wants everyone to be free to imagine what kind of God would rule the Berserk-Universe. I still think it remains as a universe with only one "God" though, which is ranked higher than God Hand. The "Sea God" certainly is not.
    Yeah I agree it could just be a nickname, but it could be a god that is a lower level from the real gods, like of god of war and stuff how you got all those dudes. I wonder if the God hand will sense this sea god die and take interest or it's like they just sense a powerful astral being die.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Yeah I agree it could just be a nickname, but it could be a god that is a lower level from the real gods, like of god of war and stuff how you got all those dudes. I wonder if the God hand will sense this sea god die and take interest or it's like they just sense a powerful astral being die.
    It might be big and all of that, but I honestly doubt it to be as strong as either Zodd or even a God Hand. It's just a big inflated apostle that is kind of ancient and has a lot of minions imo, Zodd could easily have taken such a role like the "Sea God".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    It might be big and all of that, but I honestly doubt it to be as strong as either Zodd or even a God Hand. It's just a big inflated apostle that is kind of ancient and has a lot of minions imo, Zodd could easily have taken such a role like the "Sea God".
    No, Zodd would have a role like Forest God or something etc of the area. But yeah I reckon Zodd could take it too. I don't consider this to be a main enemy, it's pretty much like the elf chick and wyald.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...even if it's not a God it is revered as a God...so maybe it is a superior Apostle, or superior spirit of some kind...it's big, it's powerful, so...

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast