Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Berserk 320 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 320 Discussion

What does it matter if it is a god or not? The story itself is about humans being able to fight their destinies, or if you will, Gutts taking on some strange dudes. It was always just that and it did not once matter to him, what was the name of his enemy. No matter what, Gutts will prevail. He may lose some limbs or organs, but nevertheless he will go on.

So once again I ask:What does it matter if it is a god or not? Lets just sit down, fasten our belts and enjoy the great ride that is Berserk.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely overlooked the previous chapter, so I had the pleasure of reading two "new" chapters together.

Prediction: The "new" member of the crew will lose her life; as the spirits of ancient merfolk are summoned to battle against the Sea God.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem is who would summon them, sheike is busy taming Guts and Farny is still a noob. But thats a good perdiction I like it, we haven't seen a death for awhile. (not that i'm complaining cause the eclipse damage me enough.)

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post
    What does it matter if it is a god or not? The story itself is about humans being able to fight their destinies, or if you will, Gutts taking on some strange dudes. It was always just that and it did not once matter to him, what was the name of his enemy. No matter what, Gutts will prevail. He may lose some limbs or organs, but nevertheless he will go on.

So once again I ask:What does it matter if it is a god or not? Lets just sit down, fasten our belts and enjoy the great ride that is Berserk.
    Yup...but if it's a god, or powerful like a god, then that might cause an appearance of a God hand, which I would like a lot...I'm really curious of that short god hand with glasses

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post

It does matter to me, because it shows the hierarchy and structure of the Berserk universe. It would be very inconsistent if all of the sudden there were other gods. Because so far there only is this one, twisted, evil, absolutely superior god on top of everything, because he is the Godhand boss.

Now all of the sudden throwing in some minor, totally unimportant God? Would be really weird.
    But as I said, I'm absolutely certain that Sea "god" is just a nickname.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree that its just a nickname, but i seriously doubt that the ultimate god is the "boss" of the godhand. as you might have read in that-so-many-times-mentioned-chapter-which-i-dont-remember-what-number-was-it, there is no ultimate god with a will of its own. the people and probably all living things give form to this so called god. if it werent for them, there would be no god and no godhand either. the being itself only reflects the majority of human hearts and minds. it may be twisted and evil, but it also may be pure. it all depends on the ones believing.

secondly: if youre sure that its just a nickname, dont you think that it wouldnt really show you the hierarchy that you seek?

thirdly: inconsistency caused by appearance of other gods? although i dont like the idea of adding too many other or new forces to the berserk universe, you cant really say that the world of berserk was very consistent to begin with. there were too many uncertainties, and many other unexplained things - there was always room for something new to liven up the story. even more now, that the "worlds have merged". besides whatever new beings may emerge from now on, if it isnt a new godhand, then theres no way it could stand above the big five dudes.
    at least thats how i perceive things now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roflkopt3r View Post
    It does matter to me, because it shows the hierarchy and structure of the Berserk universe. It would be very inconsistent if all of the sudden there were other gods. Because so far there only is this one, twisted, evil, absolutely superior god on top of everything, because he is the Godhand boss.

Now all of the sudden throwing in some minor, totally unimportant God? Would be really weird.
    But as I said, I'm absolutely certain that Sea "god" is just a nickname.
    What is it that makes something a "God" anyways? Its the perception of greatness or overwhelming power. So yes this is a God to this island and it makes sense. Look at what it can do and its absolutely fricking massive. Its the same case for the God Hand. Griffith/Femto is not a God, just called one because of his immense powers.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

"God" was the name the villagers gave whatever "it" is. I believe Isma called it that as well.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3