Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Fringe Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fringe Thread

The latest JJ Abrams creation has began.

Fringe as on FOX.

The first episode is available on Fox.com for those in the USA, those outside of the USA will have to 'find' the episode.

Episode Description from TVguide.com

Quote Quote:
    In the pilot episode, an FBI agent recruits a brilliant but incarcerated scientist (John Noble) and his estranged, sharp-witted son (Joshua Jackson) to investigate an airborne tragedy that may harbinger a trend of increasingly unsettling phenomena. The executive producers include J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.
    Now it wouldn't be a JJA show if it wasn't complicated and had online tie ins and enough information for a wiki would it?

http://fringepedia.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

Anyways I guess keep spoilers in spoiler tag?

My initial reaction on the pilot -

Joshua Jackson has returned to our screens and he has been missed lol, I really enjoyed him, the Female lead not so much lol.

As the plot develop i really started to enjoy the show more by the final 10 minutes then i did the rest of the pilot lol.

I will tune back in but I just hope it doesn't drag out and keep asking more and more questions ala LOST lol.

Anyone here tuning in?
    Last edited by ssjohn; September 11, 2008 at 04:59 PM.
    TVFanOnline the podcasting home for all your television needs from Soaps to Primetime hits and even movies TFO is your one stop shop for all your TV Related podcast needs

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fringe (TV Series) From Creator of LOST

I have watched two episodes and I liked it

for me the most important thing: will it focus on the conspiracy issue? if that'll lead to the main story then I'll continue. If it'll be cases episodes series without any main plot in it then I'll stop. But yeah atm I am amused

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some news links :

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...ions/800046471

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...ties/800046509

Also the second episode got a huge ratings boost with 13.6 million viewers

Quote Quote:
    for me the most important thing: will it focus on the conspiracy issue? if that'll lead to the main story then I'll continue. If it'll be cases episodes series without any main plot in it then I'll stop. But yeah atm I am amused
    The way the show is structured right now i believe they will have a big 'over arching' storyline while doing a case by case for awhile (To build a core audience, introduce and flesh out the characters and such).

I enjoyed the second episode but I still think the Lead actress is my one main problem with this show ;-/.

Anyways glad your watching
    TVFanOnline the podcasting home for all your television needs from Soaps to Primetime hits and even movies TFO is your one stop shop for all your TV Related podcast needs

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I heard about the boost too. They say it prolly got to do with the fact house MD's new season started with episode 2 of fringe - good way to make publicity imo (but never say never: it might actually be thanks to the serie itself too)

Well in contrast to you I think the lead actress is really doing a good job. Don't know her (as in other roles of course ) but she has it (of course different tastes). What I really look forward to is how the relationship between the dad - bishop iirc - and his son will evolve through these cases, etc

But yeah there's a lot of potential and I hope they won't make it too complex or simple and walk on the path I would like too

but I can advice it too others - so this topic can be more lively

(oh any idea how many episodes season 1 has planned?)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fringe got picked up with a Initial 13 episode order, if the episodes keep up the good ratings they should bump the total of the season to 22.

I think if episode 3/4 do this good they will but i think they will make a decicion by episode 6/9 at latest.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

After a dissapointing episode 3 I kinda feared this show wouldn't be as I expected to be

but damn, episode 4 just was the boomerang that came back in my face. This episode was really amazing on different grounds:
    - the relationship between peter bishop and his dad walter bishop
    - the bald dude aka the observer (and his strange power and history with the bishop family)
    - the cilinder and its destination (what's the purpose)
    - the strange phone call
    - the comeback of some "friend?" at the end

and more and more -> this episode succeeded in getting my interest higher. The complexity the story had, the new elements, etc it was all great and very solid. Yeah, this has turned into something like I really do wanna know more of these mysteries. Great potentials has been set out, please keep it that way and this show might turn into a true success
    Last edited by Koen; October 01, 2008 at 03:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I will watch Episode 4 tomorrow i didn't have a chance today T_T

Anyways FOX picked up more episodes like i predicted lol

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...inge/700018287

Quote Quote:
    Fans of Fringe can let out a collective sigh of relief: The suspense will continue and the mysteries just might get solved (maybe). Fox has ordered a full season of J.J. Abrams' freshman drama, following a promising first few weeks.

Fringe's benefits to the net have been consistently good ratings since its 90-minute opener Sept. 9, with an average 10.7 million total viewers each week, landing it at the top of debut adult shows this fall.

Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv star in the series, which is the second fall frosh to get a full-season pickup, after the CW's 90210. Are you hooked already? — Anna Dimond
    So it should have about 22 episodes total * I can't find a total at the moment but 21-24 is average 'full season'*

Episode 3 was really disappointing, so i am glad you enjoyed 4

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ssjohn View Post
    I will watch Episode 4 tomorrow i didn't have a chance today T_T

Anyways FOX picked up more episodes like i predicted lol

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...inge/700018287

So it should have about 22 episodes total * I can't find a total at the moment but 21-24 is average 'full season'*

Episode 3 was really disappointing, so i am glad you enjoyed 4
    That's great to hear. So it is popular... I wonder when this ssjohn - koenosaki topic will get other user's posts

Anyway it's "good" to hear you didn't like epiosde 3 either. Somtimes I check imdb for the user's review and he was so amazed aboutepisode 3. I thought: if I missed something and became crazy because I really was dissapointed

Anyway won't spoil you for episode 4 but some small plot holes aside (plot holes? depends on whether they are intentionlly made for later). This is an episode that passes by like a twister. Please keep your expectations at your limits so you won't be dissapointed by me
    Last edited by Koen; October 02, 2008 at 05:43 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

The only episode I haven't liked so far is the latest one #5. Because it rehashes the plot-line of episode 3, which I did enjoy (since it had no other precedent).

But overall I am liking the show, it's just that I've found some things that have bothered me ever since I started watching:
    Spoiler show

Overall I think Walter's character carries the show, the science is loopy, but it works because of the explanations, and Olivia needs to.. I dunno get a puppy that will warm her character up or something.

As for Peter (Joshua Jackson), I hear a lot of complaining from other people that have watched, but I think he's doing a great job. The show works because of the dynamic he has with his father and Olivia. Sure he's no Matt Damon in order to pull off his lines were he the protagonist, but he's not. And I think that's why he's good enough for the show. Hopefully the show picks up a little more and we find out some more information about their world instead of just random missions. This isn't like Lost where you need 1million mysteries to uncover in 4 seasons. This is more like Alias, where you can establish some rules, and throw in new unrelated-to-past-season twists every new season.
    Last edited by Lohnt; October 21, 2008 at 05:44 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay i just caught up, still not amazed by thist series, it just hasn't hooked me.

Peter (JJ) is my favorite and one of the only real reasons i am still tuning in lol, the others are fine i just guess i relate a little to him.

No episode tonight ;-/ stupid baseball that isn't airing -.-

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's been running for awhile. Any new reviews and comments about it. Imo it has become more interesting: solid story, no more inconsistency. It's more intruiging and mysterious if you ask me which I like as long as there'll be answers later on (I expect some soon)
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fringe (TV Series) Thread

I was hunting this thread

I caught up with the show recently, I must say it's refreshing and very compelling to watch.
    All the main characters are my favorites, very good cast choice and chemistry between them.

Though the last episodes are becoming a bit repetitive with a few pattern info and there but at least the story is consistent not like Heroes that doesn't have a story anymore.
    Last edited by nat; April 29, 2009 at 05:27 PM.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the Observer is coming for Walter next ep. The last episode was great with William Bell funding ZFT. What's even better is who'll be playing William Bell

Also, I want to know if Walter wrote the the manifesto entirely himself, with William Bell or others, or someone just used his typewriter...

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh just a question: do you know if a second season is confirmed? Any ideas about its ratings and popularity at this very moment?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    Oh just a question: do you know if a second season is confirmed? Any ideas about its ratings and popularity at this very moment?
    I don't think there has been anything announced officially, but going by the ratings I'd say there's a good chance there will be a second season.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast