Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

34 80.95%
  • Mediocre

7 16.67%
  • Awful

1 2.38%
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 115 Disc/116 Pred Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 115 Disc/116 Pred Thread

I thought the manga said they DO have their old (and "difficult"/dangerous) personalities/behaviors, they are NOT Revived/Re-Animated as "mindless dolls" but their full selves...

Also, one member (i think on another site though maybe it's this one, can't remember, lol) mentioned Dae saying he could give them whatever personality he wanted (such as making them more docile/controlable/obedient), though I don't remember this, but I'm too lazy to go back and look, lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 02, 2011 at 05:28 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While it would be hilarious if the Three joined the rebellion, I doubt we'll see that happen. I wonder if Dae ever had any means of keeping them under control in mind? Either Rimuto has an escape route for himself, or he's taken a bunch of valium to still be so calm. And it seems like Raki might be picking up a fangirl club. Is it just me or does the one trainee look a bit like a younger Cynthia? Also did Raki seem to be enjoying hurting the MIB's, just a little bit? Well now I've got to wait for the next chapter. I'll try to get my chapter review with my full thoughts up sometime this weekend, but I'll need to get some sleep first.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we'll be waiting for your review, but no hurries! Your (many) reviews have been excellent and greatly appreciated and enjoyed I'm sure by all, hehe

(If you're interested, you might want to see the Claymore sticky anouncment thread about manga reviews, we're trying to revive interest in it, and have been changing some things/rules/requirements up too)

here it is:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-Manga-Reviews

Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 02, 2011 at 05:42 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say that the chapter excluding Raki scenes, is pretty good. I am annoyed about all the suddenly strength of Raki, because it fits perfectly with shounen stereotypes, even his phrases are quite plain, and the fact that I consider he has not been providing an interesting part of the story from my point of view.

About Dae, it is interesting how he makes what he wants just for research and development, and in some way put his priorities over the organizations. The worst for the Org. is that they are depending a lot from him, he is the base of the Org.
    I am dying of curiosity to see the faces of the ex number ones.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    I thought the manga said they DO have their old (and "difficult"/dangerous) personalities/behaviors, they are NOT Revived/Re-Animated as "mindless dolls" but their full selves...

Also, one member (i think on another site though maybe it's this one, can't remember, lol) mentioned Dae saying he could give them whatever personality he wanted (such as making them more docile/controlable/obedient), though I don't remember this, but I'm too lazy to go back and look, lol.
    So does that mean that they have their memories since those personalities are connected to experiences. So I guess we can assume that even if they were dead for such a long time, with their half-yoma body, they still retain their human mind....

hehehe

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keino's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow I am Raki fan so this was an awesome chapter for me. I mean he was exuding coolness without even trying and I am happy how strong he has gotten. Plus Isley has trained him well and when it was introduced that Isley was giving him "tips" it had an undertone that he would make Raki into as strong as any human can be without Yomi.
    I think that upcoming Raki will get more panel time but I think that after Claire and him got separated I think he got enough panel time because he was with Priscilla as well and the mangaka was keeping her a "mystery" and there was no need to extensively show Isley training him.

Can't wait to see the three former number 1's...... a whole month away.... smh

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, Raki HAS BEEN TRAINED BY ISLEY FOR 6 YEARS (and growing physically too, getting "refined" too by the training, as he grows), and that's a LONG TIME, so it's not unreasonable for him having near perfect swordsmanship and combat tactics, as Isley was quite the sempei/mentor, being legendary in swordsmanship skills and a combat tactics genius. Raki had a good teacher/mentor/sempei, hehe

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Cassandra and Roxanne were givens but I must say I was hoping for Sistina the Universal instead of Hysteria. It's nice to see Raki owning some people and I'm surprised at just how powerful the Twins are. Another thing I noticed, all the warriors are exhausted except for Miria and Audrey. She must have more power than any of use have ever thought.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

slight correction:

Sistina the Divine Oracle

Lutecia the Universal

which was the one you were hoping for?

-----------

and excellent observations about the TATs (Trainee Awakening Twins or your "twins", lol) and Audrey's being powerful and performing well. Miria goes without saying hehe. We knew the TATs were powerful as seen against Miria, but now we're seeing them even more, taking out the AFs with ease, whereas Miria and Audrey couldn't, as the TATs came to their rescue, hehe.

I never recognized/noticed this observation of yours, so thanks for it!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 03, 2011 at 01:56 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    While it would be hilarious if the Three joined the rebellion, I doubt we'll see that happen.
    I'd be LMAO if that happened. I mean I would seriously like to see Rubel's face after that one. Rimuto would still be cool about the whole affair though. I like your sig by the way. Can't get enough of Boa Hancock.

I wonder if Dae ever had any means of keeping them under control in mind?
    Lol, who knows? Somehow I think he did because he thinks of everything. However I think he intentionally "forgot" to incorporate that control mechanism because he wanted to see just how much of "themselves" the number ones were able to retain even after being resurrected from the dead.

Either Rimuto has an escape route for himself, or he's taken a bunch of valium to still be so calm.
    Rimuto is cool because he always has a back-up plan. When you're THAT DAMN BADASS you don't need drugs. He's a smooth criminal for sure.

And it seems like Raki might be picking up a fangirl club.
    Ugh, don't remind me.

Also did Raki seem to be enjoying hurting the MIB's, just a little bit?
    Beating up on the weak makes anyone feel strong doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatintheHat View Post
    I must say that the chapter excluding Raki scenes, is pretty good. I am annoyed about all the suddenly strength of Raki, because it fits perfectly with shounen stereotypes, even his phrases are quite plain, and the fact that I consider he has not been providing an interesting part of the story from my point of view.
    I feel you.

About Dae, it is interesting how he makes what he wants just for research and development, and in some way put his priorities over the organizations. The worst for the Org. is that they are depending a lot from him, he is the base of the Org.
    That's funny, messed up, and badass all at the same-time. Dae pulled an Orochimaru on the MIB's Akatsuki.

I am dying of curiosity to see the faces of the ex number ones.
    I think I speak for most of the guys here (Khan at least ) that I just want to know if they're hot.

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    Yep, indeed! Well, I do want to see what they can do too... but ya, I manly.. I mean mainly.. just want to see their looks for sure! Well, if Cassandra is bald, than not her, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keino View Post
    Wow I am Raki fan so this was an awesome chapter for me. I mean he was exuding coolness without even trying and I am happy how strong he has gotten. Plus Isley has trained him well and when it was introduced that Isley was giving him "tips" it had an undertone that he would make Raki into as strong as any human can be without Yomi.
    Booooo. No I'm kidding. Even I had to admit that he wrecked shop though.

I think that upcoming Raki will get more panel time but I think that after Claire and him got separated I think he got enough panel time because he was with Priscilla as well and the mangaka was keeping her a "mystery" and there was no need to extensively show Isley training him.
    It's possible but unnecessary. Let's think about it. Isley has been dead for quite sometime now, both based on our perception of time and the events in the manga. As of now Priscilla is irrelevant. The story has shifted perspectives. I'm not saying anything bad about the characters, simply because there is a different focus now we need not give them any substantial air-time.

Can't wait to see the three former number 1's...... a whole month away.... smh
    Awwwww yeah.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 03, 2011 at 05:44 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I' think now, that Raki is not a Human. Projectile and priscilla's arm have infected his blood. Have you seen his arm before the jump during the battle?? ALso in the movement.....he seems a male claymore.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    which was the one you were hoping for?
    Lutecia. I can't even think of what abilities would afford her the nickname "The Universal". I have to see her fight lol.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mei Terumi View Post
    I' think now, that Raki is not a Human. Projectile and priscilla's arm have infected his blood. Have you seen his arm before the jump during the battle?? ALso in the movement.....he seems a male claymore.
    My guess is that he has gained some sort of natural power from being exposed to Isley and Priscilla for so long. You can say he soaked up their youki and gained a natural resistance. I think there is something special about him but he won't be anything like a claymore, but more than anything he will probably be stronger.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

24. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like radiation or something like that, but I definitely for the moment do not think that raki is now a male claymore, because what we know until now, Dae is the only person who knows how to create claymores. It is obvious that Norihiro needs to show how claymores are created, and this will be important to guess who knows to make claymores.

---------- Post added June 04, 2011 at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was June 03, 2011 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post

I think I speak for most of the guys here (Khan at least ) that I just want to know if they're hot.

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    Yep, indeed! Well, I do want to see what they can do too... but ya, I manly.. I mean mainly.. just want to see their looks for sure! Well, if Cassandra is bald, than not her, lol

LOL ji ji ji 111
    I saw Cassandra ears and I though in Ophelia´s ears

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yagi is up to his old trick again with this chapter. He's left us salivating for the next chapter. While the battle outside the Organization's walls progress, Raki escapes and we now get a sense that he has become a very special male Claymore. He doesn't awaken when he uses his Yoma powers. Perhaps this is a result of the contamination by the Destroyer's rod and Priscilla's flesh (the latter is a stretch at best).

I rather enjoyed how Yagi drew Raki in this chapter. He's no longer the feeble minded boy whose insecurities dictated his actions. From the depiction, he fought with greater ferocity against the twins than when Miria fought against her fellow warriors. He even has that angry frown that Miria has when she fights.

In Chapter 81, Lune/Renee asked Raki what he would do if Priscilla awakened? Raki stated that he would fight Priscilla and attempt to stop her. As a male Claymore, perhaps he now has an miniscule chance to accomplish this. Having lived with Isley for so long, I'm certain that Raki shared Isley's last sentiments. He's come to think of Priscilla as part of his family. Could he actually do this if required? What emotional toll would that bring to him?

WS
    Last edited by wickedsmile; June 05, 2011 at 02:28 AM.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

28. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast