Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: What Do You Want To See Most?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • More With The Three #1s

8 38.10%
  • Miria's Rebels

0 0%
  • Raki Beating On MIBs

6 28.57%
  • Deneve's Group

0 0%
  • More of Dae

0 0%
  • Claire, in some way

7 33.33%
  • Galatea

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore 115-A Strong Male Warrior

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore 115-A Strong Male Warrior

Claymore Chapter 115- A Strong Male Warrior
    Well, here we are after another long break between chapters. Hopefully Claymore will be back on it's normal monthly schedule from here on out. Anyways lets kick things off with the results for last months polls. I asked how you felt the fight against the Abyss Eaters would go. Absolutely nobody felt that when they get their the ghosts would be unable to turn the tide. One person felt the rebelling Claymores would be wiped out before the ghosts arrive, and I guess that could still happen. Another person felt that their would be some minor injuries, and that's already come to pass. Actually if you just factor in the Abyss Eaters for the question, this was the right answer. Four felt that the ghosts will show up just in time to prevent casualties, and that may still happen. Five feel that Galatea needs to pray harder. But the most votes by far were those who felt their would be some deaths before the ghosts get their. 13 to be exact.

Raki is a Man Now-
    We open up with Raki being attacked by one of the Shrimp Twins, who's using some awakened tentacles to strike at him. But Raki shows some excellent agility and dodges them, and then notices all the other Trainee warriors. He decides to arm himself by stealing a sword from a pigtailed trainee, who from this point on I'm referring to as Mini-Cynthia. However the twin turns her arm back to normal, as her sister arrives, and tosses her her sword. Raki briefly fights with the two before getting in a sort of checkmate position. He states it would be really hard to fight two Claymores even if their going easy on him. Mini-Cynthia speaks up. She's surprised that Raki fights like they do, but doesn't seem to be from the organization. He explains he was trained by their Sempai, witch just confuses them. Raki finds out that the trainees are trying to escape, so he decides to help them out.
    And this has started a big debate up. Is Raki some sort of male Claymore now? While his fighting ability is impressive here, I'm not sure I'd say anything like that yet. None of the trainees commented on him giving off Yoki, for one thing. Another thing to note is this. If Raki had suddenly gained superhuman capabilities, he would have commented on it. I mean if you suddenly jumped twenty feet, you'd be surprised right? However going up against the twins is pretty impressive. Raki shows that Isley was a good sword master, as he goes into the air so as to take advantage of being heavier. It's nice to see that Raki doesn't hesitate to help the trainees escape. He can't have been fond of the organization even before they locked him up. I have to wonder just how much Isley told Raki? Also is it just me, or is Mini-Cynthia just cute? I mean honestly can you blame Raki for wanting to help out?

Why Are You Here-
    Meanwhile the fight against the Abyssal Eaters is getting harder. One Claymore get's injured, and although Miria is able to save her, she can't take out the AE with her attack. Audery notes that the AE are getting better. Unfortunately they also decide to just skip over the tough foes, and go right towards the weaker ones in back. But the Shrimps show up, and while one impales two AE's, the other takes their heads off. Raecheal wants to know what their doing, since they were supposed to help the trainees escape. But as the twins explain, they found a male prisoner to take over. But their isn't much time for explanations since there's still some AE left to fight. As for Raki, he's demonstrating that their faith in him is well founded, as he his beating the shit out of the handlers with the training sword.
    Seriously, I know Raki get's a lot of hate, but he's pretty awesome here. He points out why his opponents suck (letting others fight their battles), and explains how a blunted sword can be worse than a normal one (hello shattered Clavicle!). And if they try to touch the girls, he's going to make them pay. Raki seems to be enjoying this a lot, but honestly so am I. These guys have subjected a lot of little girls to horrible abuse, and now their getting a little payback.

A Minor Detail-
    We now go to Dae, who is watching the fighting outside. Seems that without the time to develop their skill, AE, really aren't that good. But the other MIBs want to know what he's doing watching the show, and not working. The answer is that Dae has finished. He's just let the three loose. There's just one little detail he forgot about. He picked the strongest, but they were never the most obedient. And if the fight is hard enough the chances of their awakening goes up. Somehow Rimuto still isn't acting too perturbed about this. Although he notes that Dae has always cared more about results than anything else. Meanwhile Deneve's group senses the Yoki of the Dead Three, and decide to speed up. Anyone who can't keep up is better off staying behind. And at last we see the Dead Three from behind as they move out...
    Well, seems the rebellion was able to defeat the AE without any losses. This was due largely to the AE having no experience. In a prolonged war of attrition, the AE are lethal, but in a short stand up confrontation, they aren't as good. We get a scene I love with Dae rolling his eyes. I can just imagine him thinking something uncomplimentary about his fellow members of the Org. We also get something important from Rimuto. His stating Dae doesn't care about the war in the home country. This confirms Miria's information is right. And we now know which three former #1 warriors are revived. In addition to Cassandra the dust eater, we have the elegant Hysteria, and Roxanne of the love and hate. Now what I have to wonder is just what if any control the Org has over them, and how much of their original personality is left? And the worst case scenario is if they awaken.
    Winner of the Month-
    Raki. While he isn't exactly a lot of peoples favorite character, this month really gave him a chance to shine. He gets to fight two powerful warriors, and mop the floor with the Organizations handlers in order to protect the trainees. Simply put this was his chapter.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 115-A Strong Male Warrior

Joking:

Your poll is missing the most desired next content choice:

"Smiling/Grinning ear to ear" Raki mingling with his "loli harem" * of Trainee girls... if only Helen, Deneve, Clare, Priscilla, and Miria knew... I'd love to see their reactions, lol (and maybe Raki will find Riful alive too at the Org HQs... to complete his "loli harem", lol)

*the credit for this goes to someone else on another site, I didn't come up with the "Raki with his loli harem of girls"

-and the Trainees (and Riful) really aren't loli's anyways, but it's funny none-the-less of course.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 07, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see more about the three old number's one.

Have you seen the face of raki on page 12? His hair and his facial features do not look very similar to those of Priscilla? O_O

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, the problem is, most characters are based on the same template artistically, so it may not neccessarily be story-plot related, lol.

but yes, in terms of looks and/or personality:

Miria (Xmas/pine tree hair) = Isley (Xmas/pine tree hair, face and personality) = Raki (face, short hair, and personality) = Priscilla (face, short hair, and personality)

---

is Raki's laugh/smile:

Helen-like, Isley-like, or Priscilla-like ???
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 08, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply