Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

34 80.95%
  • Mediocre

7 16.67%
  • Awful

1 2.38%
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 115 Disc/116 Pred Thread

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 115 Disc/116 Pred Thread

We're going to change gears here and address the second item of this discussion, i.e., predictions.

Chapter 116 will see the trio hit the field but I suspect that only one of them will fight at first. I'm not sure if it will be Cassandra, Roxanne, or Hysteria but even though all three of them will be out there only one of them will be fighting. We're going to see a lot of add-on characters get killed in this battle, Dae will be impressed by his work, and Rubel will question how long things will go in the organizations favor. Rimuto will probably be chilling, hands folded, and just waiting for everything to fall into his lap.

Miria is going to order Raki to get the kids somewhere safe and just generally get the hell away from the battlefield. I'm guessing that the Claymore who fights first and does the most damage to the rebels will be believed to be the strongest. The second Claymore who steps up will have some weird ability. And finally the last Claymore will actually reveal that despite her apperance (could be short, could be jacked up, could be skinny, could be quiet, could look innocent, whatever) will actually be the most powerful one who was resurrected. Of course I'm jumping very, very far ahead.

In any case this is what chapter 116 will bring us:
    - One of the resurrected Claymore will fight, the others will watch.
    - The rebels get Zero Phoenixed.
    - Miria and Raki will meet up and Miria will order Raki to get the kids somewhere safe.
    - Dae will compliment himself, Rubel will scheme, Rimuto will ponder.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys/girls think of the possibility of the:

3 Revived rank 1 Claymores fighting with/against each other?

usually there's only 1-2 rank 1 Claymores around at the same time (and when it's 2, they're sisters or Identical Twins, so they get along, or it's Teresa and Priscilla or Teresa and Rosemary, and in both cases, they fight each other, hehe)

the 3 AOs don't get along very well either

-----------

so, unless they're sisters or identical twins, the trend is that they do not get along very well, and usually fight with/against each other, hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they don't have conscious minds so I don't really see them as having the capacity to dislike each other. Though, I won't rule out the possibility of them cutting each other down if one gets in the others way; they can't differentiate between friend or foe.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't it say that they do have their old-own personalities/conscious minds. I had thought the BCs wanted to erase (or alter) their minds/personalities, but due to needing them "now!", Dae didn't have time to do so (nor seemingly had any intention of doing so, hehe).

I could be wrong, as I'm just doing this via memory and haven't gone and looked back at the chapter.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression Dae didn't have times to give them back their old minds, he just sent back their reanimated corpses and hoped they wouldn't awaken too early.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should get the accuracy of what it is from the manga:

ch 115 pages 26-27

page 26

BCs to Dae: "Then the problems with their individual stability has been resolved?"

Dae to the BCs: "Hmm, with regards to that, I seemed to have made a mistake in my personal selection."

page 27:

BCs to Dae: "What are you saying?"

Dae to the BCs: "I worried too much about their strength, and forgot to include their original perosnality, their obedience and submissiveness into my ****considerations****. To tell the truth, none of the three that I chose were ever easy to control."

BCs to Dae: "Dae! You...!"

yada yada yada (this is about whether they're likely to Awaken or not) yada yada yada

-----------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

as can be seen, the 3 rank 1 Claymores have their original personalities/minds still intact upon their revival, and all three of them, not just one (as was speculated of mainly Roxanne), are "Difficult" to control, they don't like authority and do what they please, hehe

they're Teresa/Ophelia/Miata like in personality towards the BCs.

-------------------------------------------

also, intrigue/politics:

Dae seems to relish this, he's not very fond of the Organization obviously, and would quite like the 3 rank 1 Claymores to cause problems for the Organization as well as the rebelling Claymores, hehe.

and then there's the exchange between Dae and Rubel too...

-----------------------------------------

I'm guessing that you mixed up Dae "not making his choice upon their personalities" with Dae "not having revived them with their original personalities".
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 20, 2011 at 09:47 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    as can be seen, the 3 rank 1 Claymores have their original personalities/minds still intact upon their revival
    Uhm, you just wrote that Dae "forgot to include their original perosnality". So their original personalities are not intact.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nope. you read or interpreted what it says incorrectly. read my post again, and especially the manga's text within my post, again. (I highlighted it for you too, to help you out)

The 3 rank Claymores are themselves, and they're "like Ophelia/Teresa/Miata" in that the Organization can't control them, their personalities/behaviors are not obedient towards the Organization BCs.

Dae said that his ****DECISION**** was based solely on how powerful they were, as if he had decided upon their personalities, he'd not have choosen them (if he was loyal with the Org anyways), as their personalities are independant, and thus they do what they please, and not what the Organization wants them to do.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 20, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    Uhm, you just wrote that Dae "forgot to include their original perosnality". So their original personalities are not intact.
    Yeah Khan, or Dae I guess, is right. When Dae selected the number ones he did so based only on power. He didn't forget to include their personalities in terms of resurrecting them, rather he forget to include their personalities in his initial selections and ended up choosing three incredibly powerful but marginally disobedient children.

Btw, nice to see you outside of the Naruto forums. I see you've taken a liking to real manga. I hope to see more of you here.
    Last edited by ZERO PHOENIX; June 21, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read everyone's post, and I think I've got nothing to add other than I hope none of the important claymore warriors die. Yeah, I think that sums up what I wanted to say if I posted 2 weeks earlier from now.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a possibility that the 3 old number 1 come to take the part of the rebellion??

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

obviously speculation by me:

It's certainly possible, as they're *NOT* "reprogrammed to be obedient robot slaves to the BCs" (they have their own minds, behaviors, personalities intact still in their revival), but probably not likely, as ranks 1-5 are usually obedient-duty-behaving Claymores, and are not easily swayed by others. However, Dae and Rubel, indicate that these 3 rank 1 Claymores are quite like Teresa, Ophelia, and Miata in that they are independant, they do their own thing, and have been thus quite "difficult" for the BCs in the past when they were alive.

so, to me, it seems like BOTH the Rebel Claymores and the BCs, are going to have trouble with them (just like with the AFs that are currently deployed), so the question is more about how THEY (the 3 rank 1 Claymores) will react or respond to the situation that they find for themselves (will they attack the AFs if any of the AFs remain alive), so which side will they side with, or will they side with neither, or will they split between who they side with (as in 2 of them side with one and the other will side with the other) ???
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 22, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I also wanted to add a speculation of my own:

I wouldn't be surprised if Raki unknowingly had more power than that we have been initially shown of.
    Watch him be the only one capable of stopping the three old #1 claymore zombies singlehandedly.
    Yeah, I know it's a big far stretch but I really can't see any of the current claymores to do a thing.
    Even the back-up claymores (who will come for the rescue) don't seem like they will be able to do much.

It will be better and much more of a mortifying effect to readers if something as unexpected happened.
    Raki's side of the story was featured from the first actual chapter. And he has been through allot of danger since the beginning.

It never seemed as if Raki's character was intended to be a warrior fighting character.
    Although traveling with Clare invited that sort of situation allot, he's never actually participated in a dueling fight (not that he needed to).

And now that his time has come, I have come to think that Raki's ever growing character won't be thrown to waste.
    He will do something amazing and everyone will stare in amazing awe.

One last thing, the name "RAKI" can also be interpreted as "Lucky" - that alone has got to mean something.
    Last edited by Asahina; June 22, 2011 at 08:08 PM.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, Deneve, Helen, Tabatha, Cynthia, Yuma, Dietrich, Anastasia, Nike, Phina, and Keira are coming to help Miria, the TAITs, Audrey, Rachel, Nina, and the other rebelling Claymores against the Org's AFs and the 3 rank 1 Claymores.

We know that the TAITs, if done quickly and in full/all at once, can probably kill off the AFs, or else, the AFs will gain more and more combat experience and become impossible for the TAITs to kill as has now already happened for Miria and Audrey.

so, assuming the AFs are dealt with, than it's just against the 3 rank 1 Claymores. So, the question than is, can the rebelling Claymores defeat the Org's 3 rank 1 Claymores.

We've seen how powerful/effective the Ghosts (Miria, Cynthia, Deneve, Helen, Tabatha, Yuma, and Clare) are as a team against Agatha. However, this was possibly mainly due to them still having the NYS status. Only Tabatha still retains her NYS status. Obviously, there's no Clare now, and Miria might be out of Yoki from fighting the AFs.

We've also seen the Ghosts against AO Riful herself, albiet they were only in "rescue mode" and not actually trying to kill Riful, as they weren't powerful enough. And, they had the NYS status too, which they no longer have anymore (except Tabatha).

Clare herself (who's roughly equal to Miria, barring debate of who's more powerful, lol) said that AO Riful would tear her to pieces, though then she goes and fights an even more powerful opponent, Awakened Priscilla, lol... Clare the Impulsive One, alright, lol. (Unless, Clare simply meant in non-Partial Awakening, as a Claymore, she'd get pwned by AO Riful)

However, their teamwork against Agatha was still highly impressive regardless, with Tabatha standing back "guiding" them where/what to attack/target, and then there's Cynthia and Yuma who can do Supportive Regeneration. Also, there's Yuma, who has thus far perfect deadly accuracy when throwing her sword, hehe.

We also have Audrey's "Gentle Sword", Nina's Shadow Chaser/Hunter Sword, though like Miria, they too may be out of Yoki from fighitng the AFs. However, Miria can still command tactics/strategy even if she can't help in the actual combat engagement. But, there's also Rachel's "Strong Sword", Anastasia's "web strings" (aerial mobility), and Dietrich has proved incredibly competitant a warrior too.

Then we've got Deneve and Helen, especially Deneve, who (both) may very well be more powerful than Miria now.

The rebels have quite an impressive array of "combat talents", which if put together in strategy/tactics could be quite a challenge for the 3 rank 1 Claymores, unless they simply uber overpower the rebel forces.

Lastly, we've seen how threatening teamwork can be, by Priscilla, immediately eliminating AO Alicia and AO Beth, once she realized how good their teamwork was together, even though they didn't really have the power yet to kill Priscilla. However, Priscilla stopped playing around with them, and immediately eliminated them, commenting about how their teamwork could be fatal if they were allowed to live and become more powerful.

Personally, this is going to be one hell of a fkn battle, *grins*, unless the 3 rank 1 Claymores are so powerful, they pwn the rebelling Claymores in mere "seconds", lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZP
    Btw, nice to see you outside of the Naruto forums. I see you've taken a liking to real manga. I hope to see more of you here.
    That was really funny lmao. I've read Claymore since it's start up and I've been posting here for over a year
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 23, 2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added in ZP, the source of the quote that WSK used

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast