Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

34 80.95%
  • Mediocre

7 16.67%
  • Awful

1 2.38%
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Claymore 115 Disc/116 Pred Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 115 Disc/116 Pred Thread

Well said, you two Claymore most certainly is an amazing manga, hehe. Though, I do like the other mangas (well animes, as I've only been reading Claymore) as well, but Claymore is certainly my favorite !!!
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lady Mei Terumi posted an interesting scenario. Could the three former number warriors join the rebellion? The possibility exists, if they have retained a good deal of their former personalities. Raftella did admit to Rimulto that although mentally ravaged by their Yoma side, the human hear beats with conviction in all warriors.

Dae stated that the Organization had difficulty "controlling" the former warriors. Teresa of the Faint Smile appeared to have such disposition. She openly mocked Orsay and sarcastically hinted that the Organization controlled the Yoma. Galatea did the same with Elmita, questioning his devotion to the warriors entrusted to his care. It's safe to say that Teresa and Galatea have personalities that would have made them "safer" with whom associate, versus Ophelia.

So, do we have three Ophelias, three Teresas of the Faint Smile or a mix? We have just over a week to go until the next release. The anticipation feels worse then I have a craving for a cigarette (quit a long time ago but you still get urges from time to time).
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^The only thing about that though is they have to give a crap about their cause. Teresa could have rebelled or left anytime she saw fit but she didn't because she didn't care enough to (though I think she was getting there anyway regardless of Clare's presence in her life).

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    I guess I should get the accuracy of what it is from the manga:

ch 115 pages 26-27

page 26

BCs to Dae: "Then the problems with their individual stability has been resolved?"

Dae to the BCs: "Hmm, with regards to that, I seemed to have made a mistake in my personal selection."

page 27:

BCs to Dae: "What are you saying?"

Dae to the BCs: "I worried too much about their strength, and forgot to include their original perosnality, their obedience and submissiveness into my ****considerations****. To tell the truth, none of the three that I chose were ever easy to control."

BCs to Dae: "Dae! You...!"

yada yada yada (this is about whether they're likely to Awaken or not) yada yada yada

-----------------------------------------------

Yes, I had to read that part several times the first time since the wording was a bit contradicting and misleading. I guess this did answer a biology-related question regarding Claymores themselves. So after death, their human minds do not decay and so they are able to keep every memory alive even upon a rare case of "reviving 3 former number ones - type of case"
    Plus, we do not know where the Organization did do with Teresa's head. Of course many are speculating that they put it inside Clare.... BUT.... the head of a claymore consists the most human-side of themselves, in fact, there should be very little to no youma in the head section. So putting this inside Clare doesn't seem fit. They could have put her cut off hands for what we know.

Anyhow, I am so glad that these claymores are not simply "empty vessels" with powerful youki. This gives so much more possibilities.

Now the question is, have they wondered "Didn't I die?" just yet?

------------------------------------

Also, on page 29, the "leader dude with insane veins popping out his head (whatever his name is)" mentions that:

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    (The Organization leader's name is Rimuto, or did/do you mean the "scientist" Dae?)

"The three chosen in order of strength, from among those without damage to their bodies, huh"

Then goes on to say their names, in this order:

"Hysteria, The Elegant. Roxanne of Love and Hate. Cassandra the Dust Eater."

So from this, is it safe to assume that Hysteria is the strongest among them, and Cassandra being the weakest among them. Since after all, Cassandra was the 'worst' in body physical damage as well.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 25, 2011 at 02:56 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my opinion on whether the 3 rank 1 Claymores rebel or stay loyal to the Organization:

1. in terms of from Yagi's telling of the story-plot as the writer/author, they're not going to rebel.

2. while many of the ranks 1-5 are "difficult" for the Organization, the ranks 1-5 still "Dutifully" do their missions, such as with Teresa herself, "[Saluting] Yes Boss", and even Ophelia too, and even Irene, Sophia, Noel, Priscilla, Clare, and Rafaela in executing their own kin. Even Galatea and Miria still were loyal to the Organization for the most part.

3. also if they're "Difficult" for the Organization to control or deal with, they're going to be likewise "Difficult" for the Rebel Claymores to deal with (they're not going to join the Rebel Claymores' Rebellion).

4. Claymores until recently (with the "upsetting/unsettling" full Claymore force treason/rebellion and a bit priorly with the "more human than Claymore" Clarice) have not taken too kindly to traitorous Claymores and also have had no problem killing off their own kindred as well.

------------------------

the "Difficult" ranks 1-5:

Teresa, Ophelia, Miata, Galatea, and ~Clare (arguably a rank 1-5)

----------------------

about Teresa:

(my opinion of the "psycho analysis" of her)

Teresa was dead, lifeless, (like Clare was as well). Not suicidal, but worse, not caring, empty, without a purpose, meaning, significance, reason to her (their) life (lives). To Quote Lady Un in Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, "I am like a body that has lost its soul". Teresa knew the "true nature" of the Organization and could have destroyed the Organization at any time, yet she didn't, why?, because she doesn't care about it, nor anything.
    Teresa did her missions "dutifully", not because she was loyal to the Organization, nor because of ~"Jeh/Jei e' toh" ("Duty and Obligation" from WoT book series), but she did her missions because that was the only way for her to get through the days that she lived, she was that miserable, despairing (or "depressed"), dead, and lifeless. Clare was the same way too. Until they met each other, and our perceptive Clare saw herself in Teresa's eyes, and amazingly "cured" Teresa (and herself) of their "afflition", despite Teresa's "protests" (kicking Clare 3 times, making poor Clare chase after her, Clare actually does have incredible endurance, despite what the other Claymores say, lol. And etc etc etc).

--------------------

It also "answers" (lol) the old philosophical question: Does the Soul Exist ?

great insight Roger!

despite being dead, the Claymores obviously indeed retain their minds/souls (unless Dae has some advanced method of preserving their minds/souls, lol).

This supports that Teresa can indeed still be "alive" within Clare, the Destroyer, and now Clare-Destroyer.

It also matches up with Rafaela's Mind Transfer into Clare's head and further supports each other.

Also, it supports Rafaela's failed attempt at resurrecting Luciela. Rafaela also poured her Yoki into Luciela, hoping to resurrect Luciela, at the cost to her own life, as she had planned to send all of her Yoki into Luciela.

P.S.

maybe Yoma don't merely live forever -immortal- (or at least for a really long time), but they're actually immune to death (they're invincible). When they're "dead", they're not actually dead as they can't die, they're just "out of charge like a battery", and as soon as you put a "charge" back into their "battery-like" dead bodies, they're alive and good as new. "Charge" = Yoki

P.S.S.

actually, I'd say this insight of yours Roger, supports that Teresa's head (specifically her brain) was indeed used for Clare's "Claymorization", as the brain is where the mind/soul is located.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 25, 2011 at 02:58 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When will the raw be out? I'm getting lasik surgery tomoro and don't wanna wait.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore will most likely come out tomorrow on July 1st, 2011.

From my experiences, I'm 100% sure we will most definitely see the raws before 4th of July.
    I'm 95% sure MangaStream's scanlation-release may be available before or between the 4th-6th of July.
    (The other 5% goes to the process of Gernot's translation)

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spartacus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ No, I think Claymore isn't going to be released this coming month.
    Because Claymore sucks. Just kidding. Don't want, HegemonKhan to get aggrivated.

I think Claire is going to awaken from that egg sooner then we think.
    In the next 3 chapters, we'll see her popping out of nowhere.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7