Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 206 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 206 Discussion/207 Prediction

at least her art is back to normal!! all the noses were normal again! and back to her old style art which we saw in the ark arc!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner midnightpony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else notice that the ball here: http://www.mangareader.net/210-15257...apter-166.html and here: http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/206/6 were very similar?

Also I have a question in the part here: http://http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/206/10 (bottom right corner) Allen has white hair but the hand he is holding onto isn't Cross's (Cross's coat has white cuffs) and I looks kind of like Mana's hand but the problem with that is that Mana would be dead when Allen's hair was white so what do you think this means??
    Last edited by midnightpony; July 02, 2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Added more info

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpony View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the ball here: http://www.mangareader.net/210-15257...apter-166.html and here: http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/206/6 were very similar?

Also I have a question in the part here: http://http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/206/10 (bottom right corner) Allen has white hair but the hand he is holding onto isn't Cross's (Cross's coat has white cuffs) and I looks kind of like Mana's hand but the problem with that is that Mana would be dead when Allen's hair was white so what do you think this means??
    i think its allen and mana...i think she just forgot to add the shade in his hair to make it brown

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lomahongva View Post
    One thing: I think Ba-Ba refers to Cross as a priest because he's serving the Order which depends to the Vatican, so for him he's a priest, a clergyman. We've seen using this treatment before, when Allen and Lavi were asked to defeat "vampire" Krory.

But how Cross could be an exorcist and, at the same time, being of the side of the 14th? And like one of you said, without being noticed by the Order, Central? or How Judgement, his Innocence admited it if its is sychrnised with its host? Could it be because anything was certain from the point of view of the Innocence and now it's more certain and that's why the Apo-guy attacked Cross? Also, we don't know Allen past before the circus' time. A lot of questions.
    To sum up one of the best chapters of the year. Waiting to august to read a new one (and before it, the one-shot ^^).
    True that the word "priest" or "father" has been used to refer to the exorcists, but remember that Mother said, "I'm your patron." She didn't say "patron of the Black Order." She's a patron of Cross. Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if Cross was actually a "priest priest" and not just an exorcist priest in a sense... <.< Although, he would be a very contradicting priest for smoking.....

As for Cross being affiliated with the 14th and being an exorcist at the same time, it should be possible knowing that he was able to go into hiding from the Black Order for many years. Again though, we still lack a lot of info about his past within the BO and prior to it. Like you said, we have so many questions left in the DGM world!

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Reposting this here:
    I'm getting this feeling that the Heart really chose Allen because of the Noah memory. Rhode even suggested something close to that (innocence choosing because of link with the 14th).

If Cross was able to find out the 14th host, then maybe the Heart was also able.
    And the apocrypho talked like he knew Allen's past.

And there comes the question from this chapter: How did Cross know that Allen was a host?
    I don't think it was just because he was with Mana. There might be something else.
    I really think, from Cross's P.O.V., it has to do with Allen's actions that reflected a bit of the 14th's likeness. Like the "song of the 14th" for example and the power to move the Ark. Cross was probably following Mana and Mana ended up at Allen's circus. Then, Allen did something that perked up Cross's interest in him (other than the 14th's song play in the snow). BUT at the same time, there definitely has to be more than what it seems.

Thus, I'm still not going to accept the "Allen is purely the host" theory. There was something going on that involved "programming", Allen, and the Apo guy. Cross's words before being shot at by the Apo guy leaves a mystery onto itself. The fact that Hoshino has not touched yet on the mystery of Allen's "pre-circus origins" and his relationship with the Apo guy bugs me, but I'm waiting patiently here. =.= Very patieeentlyyy...

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    I didn't really like the chapter. It was very short and pretty much reinforced what we already knew. Cross took Allen after the accident, treated him like crap, used him as a container for the 14th and liked to drink. I expected much much much more in both length and plot movement for having several months of writing time. My favorite part of the chapter was when Ba-Ba's son said "Mother changed my bed-wet sheets until I was 14." But besides that brief comic relief, nothing interesting to me.
    Like others have said, this chapter is good enough as it is. Hoshino has three DGM projects to deal with. The one-shot is definitely eating up a part of her time. Along with her sickness.

^__^ And just to slightly correct you, "Ba-Ba" is the guy's name. The old woman is simply "Mother" for now. Although, "baba" does mean "old woman" in Japanese in a really weird ironic sense. =.= That almost threw me off earlier, but I couldn't imagine a "masked!Mana" Allen calling Mother impolitely, "baba." Edit: Now that I think of it, her name could be "Maria" since the entire chapter is seen from her eyes, hence, "Maria's vision". Which could then serve as a double meaning for her premonition that she mentions from the beginning and the end. Hopefully, we do find out what her name is otherwise, I'll end up calling her "kitsuen no obaa-chan" (the smoking grandma).

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpony View Post

Well, Ba-Ba was swarmed with nostalgia so he couldn't resist putting on Mana's clown clothing (which....fits him....). I speculate that there are several items from the circus past that ended up in the church. That ball, in particular, is very likely to be the same one that was put on Allen's grave. (edit 3: Shoot! I put down the wrong name! NOoooo.. Cosmo is the other clown guy. >__<)

As for the other scene, it could be a goof or an intentional non-toned hair to serve as a flashback scene? You have a good eye though. I didn't really think much on this scene until you brought it up. O.o That should be Allen holding onto Mana's hand. Although, Hoshino probably should have used a light faded tone for Allen's hair if she wanted to express the flashback within one frame.
    Last edited by tgirl; July 02, 2011 at 01:28 PM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i think i know the direction dgm will take now...allen is gonna train and stay with mother for awhile until hes ready to go. and the order is gonna have some capture plans...next time allen and lenalee will see each other their apperances will have changed

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member unknownymous's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Allen had the memory from the very start. We forget, but if we go back to DGM-Reverse novel 3, Allen wasn't originally "Allen". The dog was. Cross himself acknowledged this:
    http://mangastream.com/read/d_gray_man/23704364/17

and I quote: "When we first met, he didn't call himself "Allen". I should've realized that mistake sooner."

This chapter revealed a lot though. Cross has been looking for someone named "Allen" for 30 years. He seemed to have implied he didn't expect someone chosen as the host after 30 years to be a ten year old. Allen still wasn't born then. Or so it would seem.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the dog was the personification of Nea's memories? The dog licked Allen shortly before it died, so maybe it passed the memories on to Allen by licking him. And that's why the dog ended up dying. And that's why Mana thought Allen was the dog.

That would also explain why Mana had the dog in the first place, and how Allen received the memories despite Nea dying twenty years before Allen was even born.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

AHHH SOOO HAPPY that we finally got a chapter!!! =DDDDD<33333333333 It was short but so good!! It was sad and funny, had unexpected Cross character development, great art, and finally some answers, all of it was so worth the wait.

However the more I think about it, I'm confused about the timeline.. because the ages don't match up.
    26 years ago- the 14th was killed
    http://www.mangareader.net/210-27347...apter-187.html
    According to Reverse Novel 3 Mana was seventeen when Allen met him.
    http://leafyaki.livejournal.com/107600.html
    Mana was with the 14th Neah from the beginning and was his brother.
    http://www.mangareader.net/210-15257...apter-166.html

How was a seventeen old Mana the older brother of a someone who died 30 years ago? :S *brainbreak trying to figure this out*
    :S I can think of some crack answers (immortality? Mana lying?) but nothing really plausible.
    Was Cross like ten when Mana died? He doesn't seem to me like he's over his 40s..
    http://www.mangareader.net/210-15257...apter-166.html

The revelation of why and how brat!Allen became so polite is so tragic and eerily creepy. Same with the whole "Allen" dog name thing.

The poor kid is so messed up and traumatized. ;__; It's amazing that even after 206 chapters into the manga, we're barely figuring out the main char's true personality and how he was named.

I have a gut feeling Cross is more likely to be alive now.

------------------------------------------------------------
    @unknownymous
    Although Allen wasn't "Allen" when Cross met him first, Mana pretty much named him/made him into "Allen" when he mistook Allen for his dog.
    So maybe that's when the memories were "implanted?"

I think more than that it shows the possibility that Cross was flat-out lying/avoiding the truth during the interrogation. http://www.mangareader.net/210-15258...apter-167.html
    Contrary to what he said, we found out this chapter that he knew exactly when the 14th died (30 some years ago) and his vague answer to Allen ("probably implanted it into you sometime before the 14th died, idk") was a lie because Allen wasn't even born back then. How much of that conversation was actually true? :S
    The title was called "Allusions". Maybe the conversation has clues to the truth...

..........too many questions haha.
    Last edited by Chloesong; July 02, 2011 at 05:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how Cross looked annoyed when Allen finally talked to him and he noticed than he's imitating Mana, knowing that he was watching both of them secretly he knows what kind of personality Allen really had before the incident,, it reminded me of that chapter when Cross told Allen that he's the host of the14th and Allen's behavior at the end of that meeting, Cross later was thinking to himself that Allen became cheeky, probably happy coz sending him to the order help him to go back to his former character...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Takizune's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he came here to hide and for help. I think that Allen can find something in Cross's room. I wonder what older Allen said at least... "you cared about "Allen". Why he didn't say "me" or something? (sorry for my english!)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takizune View Post
    I think he came here to hide and for help. I think that Allen can find something in Cross's room. I wonder what older Allen said at least... "you cared about "Allen". Why he didn't say "me" or something? (sorry for my english!)
    I would think Allen is struggling with the Noah and in that moment the 14th was the one in control of Allen's body ^^ This could mean trouble but i'm still not sure if the 14th is a bad guy :/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I faintly recall someone saying that Allen would go to find Mother after he left the Order last chapter... Looks like that person was right! And also, we now get to see the interaction between Mana and Allen after Allen left the circus with Mana, which I had been wondering about after reading the translations for the Reverse 3 novel. It was interesting to see Cross complaining about how a useless person should have become the host for the 14th rather than a child, even at that time. And of course, I had a good laugh at seeing Cross attempt to nurse Allen, an experience which I am sure was the first for Cross. XD

Although the chapter was rather short, I'm glad to see Cross again! And I guess we'll be seeing Allen asking for some answers from Mother, since he probably knew that Cross was her patron.

I'd thought that Timcanpy was tiny when Cross took Allen in as his apprentice, but it seems like Tim was rather large even at that time! Speaking of which, it was mentioned in the earlier chapters (the part where Lvellie was having a meeting with the Branch Heads and the Generals) that after Cross took up the mission to destroy (or was it to obtain?) the Egg plant from the Earl, he took Allen in as his apprentice and cut off all contact with the Order. Although he said that it was to protect himself from the Noahs, I wonder if he did it to protect Allen instead. If he hadn't done that, I suppose Allen's position as the host for the 14th would have been revealed far earlier, before Allen entered the Order officially and announced his position as Cross's apprentice...

Oh yes, and about the part about the Apocryphos(?) in chapter 203, I wonder if the Apo sent Allen out into the world with innocence embedded in his hand and wiped out his memories? Because it was stated somewhere (was it the fanbook or Reverse 3?) that Allen did not have any memories prior to the time he worked in the circus...

I felt kind of cheated at the length of the chapter but I was somehow oddly satisfied at what had happened in this chapter. So I suppose we'll follow Allen's point of view in the next chapter as we see what Allen does next? I still don't understand what the chapter had to do with Maria, though... I don't believe that Mother's name is Maria, right? D:

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner midnightpony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takizune View Post
    I think that this was just mother thinking to herself I don't think it was older Allen talking.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ruki92x's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

is it me that this will become a new arc maby?
    ahh i dont know xD
    but Hoshino is really amazing, wasent she sick a few days/weeks ago?
    that is amazing that she made this chap when she was sick,
    i really wonder what will happen in the next chapter
    maby we will find out more about what happen to cross (mother should know) or about neah or allen haha we will see :P

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It could become the arc of the search for the third side. But now, i am expecting another flashback with the Mother answering Allen's questions about Cross' actions.

I just hope she doesn't keep the focus exclusively on Allen.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast