Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 206 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM 206 Spoiler Thread

The cuteness that is Allen on the front page! Kawaii =3

Its nice to see the flashback and Hoshino really did a good job in showing Allens reaction and how cross took care of him ^^
    He was so different and this was a life chagng experience but its sad he has to leave the order when with them he was Allen again, remember when lenalee said he was less polite to them? ^^ He was himself with them =]

Allen seems to be battling with the Noah in the end :/ quite a good chapter =]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dlazuhi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked it, but I'm in shock right now o_O
    Though it answered some questions, I'm a little bit confused with the new characters and the relationship between mana and allen .-.
    But that depressed Allen was quite a shocking image D:
    I need to read it like fifteen times to understand XD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dlazuhi View Post
    I'm a little bit confused with the new characters and the relationship between mana and allen .-.
    I need to read it like fifteen times to understand XD
    I'm reading this many times as well for such a short chapter. At least, it came out early. Edit part: Confused? I think I understood this much--> Cross probably helped ran that particular church. (Fixed->) Mother and that other guy, Ba-ba, were his patrons, as Mother says. Both Mother and her helper definitely seem to be familiar with certain events in the past, plus, Mana and Allen's life in the circus. Cross took care of Allen in that church until he was better. Then, we go back to the first page of the chapter with Cross and Allen leaving the church for India (?).

So, the lady wasn't "Maria" as I was guessing by the usage of "Ma" in the 2ch spoilers, but an old lady. [strike]I noticed "Baba" later on in the 2ch spoilers, but I thought she would be some other character.[/strike] Oookay then. (Since I don't watch the DGM anime, I had no idea who or what this "Mother" looked like.) Edit edit: Ha... Ba-ba is the name of the helper guy. Ok, I think I'm getting adjusted to these characters now.

Makes sense for Cross to be a priest. I also like Mother's helper since he provides the nice comedy relief. I went "awwww" when I dreamed of dancing with Allen in his clown costume.

Now we know when Allen started wearing "Mana's mask". Such an emotional chapter. I think it ended just right with such a length. There's still a lot of Allen's past we don't know about, but I think Cross is not even aware of it either (since he only found him at the circus). Allen's pre-circus life is the key. I still refuse to believe that him being a "host" is all there is to this poor boy. There has to be more to this..... *time travels to August 1st*
    Last edited by tgirl; July 01, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a pretty short chapter, but I think it was the best one in months. It's funny seeing Hoshino's new art right beside the flashbacks to previous chapters. Her lines are a lot thicker now.

I can't wait for the one-shot now. This was a side story as well, so I wonder if the two side stories are related to each other since Hoshino drew them at the same time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally the chapter!!Nice one!!

So Allen went to see this mother,, nice to see that there was still a place where he could think he can go to in such situations!!

little Allen was so heart broken, also it was touching to see the rough Cross Marian was really caring,, he learned how to take care of a kid, food, urine, changing cloths, consoling and comforting, he did everything lolz!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i was disappointed that it was only 21 pages BUT the content made up for the lack of pages (quality over quantity). I have been very excited about this chapter especially since there was over two months worth of waiting for it but there is so much in this chapter. The small insights we get into allens past before were hardly anything compared to this. I always assumed that allens proper manner of speaking was because he spent so much time with mana and he talked to mana in the same manner now i see how his slip in his formal speech with the order is something really signigicant he truely is being himself (as others noticed). I really am excited for next months chapter which the wait will be much quicker than this chapters. Ahh theres so much in this chapter i actually have to reread it. (btw i miss hoshinos old drawing style (with the thinner lines) however this is an improvement from more recent chapters.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, after reading it twice, I had mixed feelings about the chapter. How can I say it? I wasn't expecting this.
    Seeing once more Cross has been one of the best things of it. It has been a touching moment: even if he was constantly repeating to Mother that the destiny of Allen wasn't important for him he was indeed very touched by it. We can see it in his eyes, while he's besides Allen in the room, while they're leaving, nursering him (withouht having any idea and with Ba-Ba given advices and advices), which gave the comedy touch (and with Ba-Ba's moments with Mother) to equilibrate this tragic part of Allen's past.

Allen..., poor Allen. Not only he had a terrible, hard childhood with the circus' staff, he was completely destroyed after turning Mana into an akuma. I was full on tears while reading. If he has became someone, if he's still alive is thanks to Cross. Of course I know he did it because Allen was chosen as Neah future host and all the care he received from Cross and Mother was motivated by that but, even if this was their purpose (or better, Marian's purpose), he did it for him, for Allen, not thinking in the was against the Earl. Mana was important for Allen to start having feelings towards people, and then, Cross who helped him and who, with Mana, are the real people to said Allen: Keep walking. A good devveloppment for this character.
    And yes, the way Cross treated Allen before this moment was a way to try to get back old Allen and to try that the destruction of "Allen" won't affect both of them (and a kind of payment for the things he had to do while he was takng care of him XD). Thinking about it makes sadder the record of Cross embracing Allen whe he revealed him the truth about the 14th.

"Mana's Mask". Now I understand what Cross was talking about in the recording Tim had. And it suits to what Lenalee and Johnny told him. It wasn't because of the presence of the 14th, it was Allen's real personality which was gaining the surface. May be, when Cross talked about Mana, Allen thought that being a bit like Mana was something that lets him (Mana) being in some way a bit alive although he was dead. I don't know how to express this in English. May be like a way to honor him.

One thing: I think Ba-Ba refers to Cross as a priest because he's serving the Order which depends to the Vatican, so for him he's a priest, a clergyman. We've seen using this treatment before, when Allen and Lavi were asked to defeat "vampire" Krory.

But how Cross could be an exorcist and, at the same time, being of the side of the 14th? And like one of you said, without being noticed by the Order, Central? or How Judgement, his Innocence admited it if its is sychrnised with its host? Could it be because anything was certain from the point of view of the Innocence and now it's more certain and that's why the Apo-guy attacked Cross? Also, we don't know Allen past before the circus' time. A lot of questions.
    To sum up one of the best chapters of the year. Waiting to august to read a new one (and before it, the one-shot ^^).

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 206 Discussion/207 Prediction

Reposting this here:
    I'm getting this feeling that the Heart really chose Allen because of the Noah memory. Rhode even suggested something close to that (innocence choosing because of link with the 14th).

If Cross was able to find out the 14th host, then maybe the Heart was also able.
    And the apocrypho talked like he knew Allen's past.

And there comes the question from this chapter: How did Cross know that Allen was a host?
    I don't think it was just because he was with Mana. There might be something else.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ruki92x's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

the new chap was really good,
    but AHH willl allen turn in to neah o,O that part i didnt get HAHHAA
    help
    To see cross nurse allen was LOL and so cute, he didnt know a thing.
    about knowing that allen was the host, it seems like he knew Neah what me and my mate think.
    cus didnt neah tell Cross to look for him to comeback?
    ahh i hope we will get to find out more

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't get much,but what we got is great!Once again,Hoshino shows how awesome an atmosphere she can create with black and white.I assume that this is the beginning of an entirely new arc and she's setting the mood of this very arc with this chapter.
    I really enjoyed it,despite the shortness.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter was short but good.
    We finally get to see the past maria and allen share.
    There has been people talking about timeskip for a while now so I wonder if this chapter will be the one before it?
    So Allen basically took on Mana's personality..I find the previous bratty allen more..intriguing.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really like the chapter. It was very short and pretty much reinforced what we already knew. Cross took Allen after the accident, treated him like crap, used him as a container for the 14th and liked to drink. I expected much much much more in both length and plot movement for having several months of writing time. My favorite part of the chapter was when Ba-Ba's son said "Mother changed my bed-wet sheets until I was 14." But besides that brief comic relief, nothing interesting to me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Allen's scar is shaded in again. In previous flashbacks Hoshino didn't bother shading it in, so maybe this is a sign that she's going to start shading grown-up Allen's scar in again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    I didn't really like the chapter. It was very short and pretty much reinforced what we already knew. Cross took Allen after the accident, treated him like crap, used him as a container for the 14th and liked to drink. I expected much much much more in both length and plot movement for having several months of writing time. My favorite part of the chapter was when Ba-Ba's son said "Mother changed my bed-wet sheets until I was 14." But besides that brief comic relief, nothing interesting to me.
    i agree with u! the chapter sucked...waiting for 2 months and only 21 pages? and a flashback? its like come on....not worth the wait

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that Hoshino was also working on the one-shot and was sick so she probably didn't have time to create more pages.

I think the flashback made a good transition from the previous arc to the new one. Mother will probably reveal Cross's connection to the 14th to Allen, which might give us some answers... or more questions.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast