Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How far do they get?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nowhere

9 47.37%
  • Win Round 1

1 5.26%
  • Win Round 2

1 5.26%
  • Win Round 3

1 5.26%
  • Win Round 4

1 5.26%
  • Win Round 5

6 31.58%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi take on the world

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi take on the world

These guys put up a good fight against Aizen's second form - let's see how they do when up against some other powerful opponents / teams.

I'll try to list their opponents in order of increasing difficulty, so the fights can be thought of as rounds.

Round 1) Shunsui, Ukitake and Starrk (already released)
    Round 2) Barragan (already released) and Hallibel (already released)
    Round 3) Bug Tousen, Base Aizen (no KS, no Hogyoku) and Gin
    Round 4) Wonderweiss (already released) and Shinji
    Round 5) Yamamoto

Rules: No preparation time, no one knows the abilities of the others, all known abilities (with the exception of Aizen) are available. Reiatsu cuffs / portable Gigai are available.

Have fun discussing

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshin, Urahara and Yoruichi take on the world

I'd say they win Round 1, and then Barragan stomps. Halibel isn't much of an issue, Isshin could take her with probably relative ease, but Barragan kills all 3.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a feeling you'd say that, but not many people hold Barragan's abilities in as high esteem as we do, so that's why I put him relatively low on the list

I still think that together they could have a chance though - as you say, Yoruichi and Urahara would need to dodge Respira for long enough for Isshin to finish Hallibel, and then it would be all 3 vs Barragan. Urahara is damn resourceful, and I don't know whether Barragan can generate enough Respira to chase them all simultaneously. I believe that if Isshin could get a close range GT to hit Barragan, he would do some serious damage. Yoruichi, due to her having to be at very close range to fight, would serve mainly as a distraction in this case, where Urahara could use some Kido to slow Respira / try to bind Barragan. I believe they have a shot.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I had a feeling you'd say that, but not many people hold Barragan's abilities in as high esteem as we do, so that's why I put him relatively low on the list
    Heh, now if you REALLY wanted a popular team, put Stark in there too Those two would be one hell of a team.

Quote Quote:
    I still think that together they could have a chance though - as you say, Yoruichi and Urahara would need to dodge Respira for long enough for Isshin to finish Hallibel, and then it would be all 3 vs Barragan. Urahara is damn resourceful, and I don't know whether Barragan can generate enough Respira to chase them all simultaneously. I believe that if Isshin could get a close range GT to hit Barragan, he would do some serious damage. Yoruichi, due to her having to be at very close range to fight, would serve mainly as a distraction in this case, where Urahara could use some Kido to slow Respira / try to bind Barragan. I believe they have a shot.
    Problem is, I don't see Urahara being as fast as Soi Fon. Yoroichi MAY be fast enough to avoid it, but not fast enough to actually dodge and counterattack. Urahara and Isshin, while they do have powerful Shikai, could no way replicate Soi Fon's Bankai, nor could Yoroichi and her Shunko.

Their only hope is if Barragan laughs at them, then they live for a while, but they don't have an ability that they've shown to send Respira back at Barragan. Nor do they have the sheer power to replicate a one shot Bankai in an enclosed space. Even if they did, we saw that still wasn't sufficient to kill Barragan. Only make him mad. So, if you injure him, he's pissed, you lose. The only option is to surprise him with a one hit kill combination attack, which I don't think can be done by those 3.

Even round 1 would be a hard fought battle for them. They're a good team, but their competition is too :P (Yes, Barragan is a team)
    Last edited by Takahashi; April 23, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

- First round Urahara takes on Shunsui, Yoruichi takes Ukitake and Isshin takes Starrk.

- Second Round Isshin OHKO Barragan and Harribel is double teamed

- Third Round is a hard won victory

- fourth round is too hard to tell

- fifth they win

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    - Second Round Isshin OHKO Barragan and Harribel is double teamed
    Wow, Shoottokill wasn't joking.....

Also, how is WW and Shinji harder to beat than Yama? The guy who one shotted the former with a double punch?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Barragan wins lol...

Soi Fon's nuke attack isn't that powerful, and it can get past Barragan's defenses with a bit of help. Not to mention that if her attack had been a cero with the power of Jahuko Raikoben it would have done a whole lot more damage the first time around.

So in my humble opinion Isshin's Getsuga Tenshou one-shots

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CeroOskuraz View Post
    I don't think Barragan wins lol...

Soi Fon's nuke attack isn't that powerful, and it can get past Barragan's defenses with a bit of help. Not to mention that if her attack had been a cero with the power of Jahuko Raikoben it would have done a whole lot more damage the first time around.

So in my humble opinion Isshin's Getsuga Tenshou one-shots
    I could repeat what I always do in defense of Soi Fon, but I'm tired. You're making me sad

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh? That thing has no feats apart from breaking off a piece of Barragan's head lol. In all honesty it's a missile; that's why it fared so badly the first time, because the missile didn't collide with Barragan (if it did he would have suffered those same grievous wounds).

Jahuko Raikoben is honestly the worst Bankai I have ever seen; questionable accuracy + inconvenience of usage + projectile all or nothing attack + time limit = bad idea against Barragan.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Problem is, I don't see Urahara being as fast as Soi Fon. Yoroichi MAY be fast enough to avoid it, but not fast enough to actually dodge and counterattack. Urahara and Isshin, while they do have powerful Shikai, could no way replicate Soi Fon's Bankai, nor could Yoroichi and her Shunko.

Their only hope is if Barragan laughs at them, then they live for a while, but they don't have an ability that they've shown to send Respira back at Barragan. Nor do they have the sheer power to replicate a one shot Bankai in an enclosed space. Even if they did, we saw that still wasn't sufficient to kill Barragan. Only make him mad. So, if you injure him, he's pissed, you lose. The only option is to surprise him with a one hit kill combination attack, which I don't think can be done by those 3.

Even round 1 would be a hard fought battle for them. They're a good team, but their competition is too :P (Yes, Barragan is a team)
    I totally agree that Urahara isn't as fast as Soifon (although he did manage to put the Reiatsu cuffs on Aizen without him noticing - quite impressive imo), but I'm not totally sure that Respira blitzed Soifon. It's fast no doubt, but there seems to have been some inconsistency in its speed. My belief is that Soifon could have gone faster than she did - but the whole reaching her arm before her legs thing is a bit suspect in itself. Plus, I believe Urahara could stall Respira much like Hachi did, with Kido or his Blood Mist Shield, if only for a short time.

Isshin's GT at close range looked very impressive to me, exponentially more impressive than any GT pre Dangai Ichigo could come up with. Although I would expect Soifon's Bankai to be immensely powerful, you can't reallly compare an explosion with a slash (which is essentially what GT is). I believe a well timed GT from Isshin would have the potential to slice Barragan in half. This is just my opinion ofc, but I believe Isshin might have what it takes to do away with Barragan. They would have to act fast and give him little opportunity to attack back, but they could find a way - I made these fights tough on purpose, as you can see from them being up against Yama's "star pupils" and the #1 Espada from the start

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well obviously Isshin would destroy all the Espadas, given his feats against Base Aizen...

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CeroOskuraz View Post
    Huh? That thing has no feats apart from breaking off a piece of Barragan's head lol. In all honesty it's a missile; that's why it fared so badly the first time, because the missile didn't collide with Barragan (if it did he would have suffered those same grievous wounds).
    I think breaking Barragan's skull is a much better feat than cutting Aizen, who has no Respira, TDF, and didn't require to be trapped in a box :P

Quote Quote:
    Jahuko Raikoben is honestly the worst Bankai I have ever seen; questionable accuracy + inconvenience of usage + projectile all or nothing attack + time limit = bad idea against Barragan.
    Anything that doesn't involve sending Respira back is a bad idea against Barragan, because you risk not killing him and simply pissing him off.

Hell, I voted for Barragan over Yama too, so we've obviously got a fundamental difference in our views

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Also, how is WW and Shinji harder to beat than Yama? The guy who one shotted the former with a double punch?
    I wanted to throw Shinji in somewhere since I think he's perfect for team battles - due to Sakanade, I think Shinji + a very strong opponent such as WW form an almost unbeatable team. If I had put Shinji with say... Starrk or Gin, people with very fast ranged attacks, it wouldn't even be fair - Shinji and co would stomp every time. Since WW isn't a ranged fighter, I put them below Yama purely due to hype

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but...it's Aizen. I'm not sure how any Espada's supposed to be better than Aizen.

I mean, Barragan totally destroying Soi Fon is a cool feat, and it makes him look great, but in reality that just means Soi Fon was kinda shit. Because, in the end, we saw that even a pissed off Barragan couldn't blitz Hachi with Respira and could not instantly; actually he barely overwhelmed it.

To be honest, the box doesn't amplify JR's powers; it just makes sure Barragan can't escape from that blast like he did the last time. And I'm really unsure how a one-armed Reiatsu-drained Soi Fon is supposed to hurt the second Espada with that thing.

Not to mention that comparing the offensive power of a Junior Captain's Bankai to people like Isshin or Aizen is a huge mistake. What Tousen says about it vs what Aizen does to it.

Base Aizen tiers make Junior Captains' Bankais look like jokes.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-47010-...apter-392.html

And even Senior Captain Shikais for that matter. For a reference of whether or not KS was used I direct you to this debate (I swear I'm not that rude anymore!)

I mean, that's all I need to make a case for Isshin blitzes and one-shots.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I totally agree that Urahara isn't as fast as Soifon (although he did manage to put the Reiatsu cuffs on Aizen without him noticing - quite impressive imo), but I'm not totally sure that Respira blitzed Soifon. It's fast no doubt, but there seems to have been some inconsistency in its speed. My belief is that Soifon could have gone faster than she did - but the whole reaching her arm before her legs thing is a bit suspect in itself. Plus, I believe Urahara could stall Respira much like Hachi did, with Kido or his Blood Mist Shield, if only for a short time.
    Kubo does have a de-arming fetish, and she'd look goofy with only one leg

Quote Quote:
    Isshin's GT at close range looked very impressive to me, exponentially more impressive than any GT pre Dangai Ichigo could come up with. Although I would expect Soifon's Bankai to be immensely powerful, you can't reallly compare an explosion with a slash (which is essentially what GT is). I believe a well timed GT from Isshin would have the potential to slice Barragan in half. This is just my opinion ofc, but I believe Isshin might have what it takes to do away with Barragan. They would have to act fast and give him little opportunity to attack back, but they could find a way - I made these fights tough on purpose, as you can see from them being up against Yama's "star pupils" and the #1 Espada from the start
    Isshin's GT was indeed very impressive. I think Isshin would beat Urahara too, I hold him quite highly. Still, the comparison is a GT at point blank. Against Barragan, getting ANYWHERE near him is insanely dangerous. Much like Soi Fon's Bankai getting aged well before it hit him, I think the same will happen to Isshin.

Let's say Urahara somehow boxes in Barragan in the same way, and he gets a face full of GT, HOW does he die exactly? We saw Barragan with an injury that would kill anyone else in Bleach, yet he was simply angry. I'm not sure how you even kill Barragan short of actually disintegrating him.

Not to mention that Halibel is still around. If Isshin goes after her, Barragan is faced with 2 opponents who most certainly can't one shot him. If for some reason they got the best setup, Isshin and Urahara VS Barragan, and Yoroichi VS Halibel, it still wouldn't be easy.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast