Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Layla Heartfilia and Dragons

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Layla Heartfilia and Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    i didnt see another thread like this so i'm gonna make it ^^

I've always been really curios about this, Mashima mentions Layla in snippets first as Lucy visits her grave the whole dieing in the smae year as the dragons and now we learn she was a mage (although it was obvious lucy had to take from someone and lets face it she's her mother's spitting image) who retired at 16?

weak person? i think not, Killer magic? possible, she's still alive and hiding? maybe, connected to the dragons? its highly likely

So what are our thoughts minna?

EDIT;
    What we know till now;
    the wikia is quite informative but i'd rather go with manga
    http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Layla_Heartfilia

1-Lucy is the spitting image of her mother which might be used (again) in the story
    Older Layla (here she must be in her late 20's); http://www.mangareader.net/135-7183-...hapter-68.html
    Younger Layla (she must have been 16 here 29+7-20 using the chapters logic); http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/223/20

2-Lucy was definitely close to her mum the letters are a proof and the way she speaks on her etc
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7182-...hapter-67.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7182-...hapter-67.html

3-Layla is 'dead' and the year is suspiciously the same as the year the dragons went awol!
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7183-...hapter-68.html
    (she was quite young 29 sheesh there must have been something killed most probably :/ could Lucy have forgotten due to shock?)

4-Layla was a (presumably powerful) celestial mage who owned 3 gold keys; Aquarius, Cancer and capricorn and made a pact with them and their new owners and them to protect lucy if she was to become a mage; Reason still unknown, why would Lucy need protection? Ulterior reason or because she's her child?
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/224/16

5-Met Lucy's father at love and Lucky guild where they decided on lucy's name (this is after she retired from using magic i doubt her dad knows anything but he might)
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7245-...apter-130.html
    there is definitely something special about lucy's mom, i assume it will be revealed in the next arc, or maybe late in this one, i would not doubt a connection to both dragons and zeref, hopefully this doesnt signify the beginning of the end for the story, with a few of the big 3 closing in on the end we need another long amazing manga to fill the void, in my opinion FT has potential to be one of the legendary manga of all time

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    there is definitely something special about lucy's mom, i assume it will be revealed in the next arc, or maybe late in this one, i would not doubt a connection to both dragons and zeref, hopefully this doesnt signify the beginning of the end for the story, with a few of the big 3 closing in on the end we need another long amazing manga to fill the void, in my opinion FT has potential to be one of the legendary manga of all time
    I always assumed fairy tail would start closing when Lucy got all the golden keys and then after her arc we would start delving thanks to her and her mother into the dragon arc xD they had mentioned a dragon kings festival or something so i wonder if its soon (i presume dragons like exceeds have a different grasp of time than humans). I know with naruto and bleach closing and one piece on its last sea =/ but we know mashima, he has foreshadowed layla since the phantom arc and only recently brought her back so i think we have a long way to go.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    I always assumed fairy tail would start closing when Lucy got all the golden keys and then after her arc we would start delving thanks to her and her mother into the dragon arc xD they had mentioned a dragon kings festival or something so i wonder if its soon (i presume dragons like exceeds have a different grasp of time than humans). I know with naruto and bleach closing and one piece on its last sea =/ but we know mashima, he has foreshadowed layla since the phantom arc and only recently brought her back so i think we have a long way to go.
    yea i pray that we do, the good thing about mashima is he seems to be good at generating new enemies, so perhaps we either havent built up to the dragon arc yet (which seems like it almost HAS to be the final arc how can there be a stronger foe than a dragon???) i could see this manga approaching 450, maybe 500 chapters, if we are lucky, which is VERY long for most manga's even though it wouldnt be as long as one piece or naruto, it would still be a well above average epic manga

i think we will see lucy with all 12 zodiac keys soon, which brings up another thought, i know they were talking about some powerful spirit from the celestial realm, it almost seems like there could or should be a whole separate arc in the celestial realm similar to the edolas arc, where lucy leads the team to fight against some ancient celestial evil , in the celestial realm, so perhaps we will have a "lucy/celestial" arc and a dragon arc still to come i would also like to see a magic council arc, where the current magic council is actually the enemy and must be defeated

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is really Layla Heartfilia?

I'm quite surprised that there wasn't a topic dedicated to her. XD
    Anyway the title says it all: who is she in reality?
    I think that's the right question we should make to ourselves and that's because she seems to be a very important character for the story.
    In fact we had in almost every arc, pieces of infomation about her, some of which really are interesting; for example, she "died" the same year in which dragons seemingly disappeared without leaving trace and she had knowledge of the One Magic.
    All those facts will lead to a major plotwist or are just coincidences? Let's discuss!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Personally, I think that there is going to be quite a major plot twist related to Layla, the dragons disappearance ... and Lucy.

I also think that it's something that we will learn about, pretty soon, considering the events of the latest chapter.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
    ^

Personally, I think that there is going to be quite a major plot twist related to Layla, the dragons disappearance ... and Lucy.

I also think that it's something that we will learn about, pretty soon, considering the events of the latest chapter.
    We seem to think the same way.

P.S: I want to apologize with the mod; I really didn't see that there was already a thread about her.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

when in doubt... always check the archives.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the more i think about this now, the more likely it seems that lucys mom DID play some type of role with the dragons, the celestial beings could have been used to help seal or fight off the dragons, or something like that in the past

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    the more i think about this now, the more likely it seems that lucys mom DID play some type of role with the dragons, the celestial beings could have been used to help seal or fight off the dragons, or something like that in the past
    Even her date of death is suspicious.
    The same one in which all dragons disappeared; that's too much of a coincidence in my opinion.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just thought of something while reading the recent Bleach chapters: what if Layla fell into a coma after (somehow) bringing the DS to the present?? this would explain why Lucy didn't seem to have any sort of reaction when Wendy told her the dragons "disappeared" on July 7th X777. She wouldn't remember the day her mother collapsed since she was still little, but she would definitely remember the anniversary of her death.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3