Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed

Thread: Avengers Movie Now Filming!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Avengers Movie Now Filming!

At long last shooting of the Avengera movie has started>Film Greatness - Purple prose - Whedonesque.com

Quote Quote:
    Hi Pumpkins, joss here.

Tomorrow we start shooting (I THINK I'm legally permitted to say that). Day one. That's right. We'll be shooting the pivotal death/betrayal/product placement/setting up the sequel/coming out scene, at the following address:

[Marvel Lawyers rush in, take Joss's keyboard, blowtorch a picture of his family like in "Stormy Monday", drink his milkshake, leave the seat up, fluff his pillows, violently unfluff his pillows, leave]

Went too far. My bad. Anyhoo, it should be a fun day, followed by the eighty thousand other fun days it will take to finish this. I'll be checking in from time to time, if there's news or I crave attention (i.e. am awake) . None of it will be Avengers news -- I have some very denty pillows to remind of that -- but I may have tidbits. (They're not about Firefly. I should say that up front, if only to protect Sis Mo from the HATORZ.)...

...So wish me luck. DO IT! LUCK! NOW! I'm off to finish some Buffy pages, and then figure out what the movie is about already. I'm pretty sure it's about the Justice League [Marvel Lawyers re-enter, unspeakability occurs] or possibly something else. I'll get it. I've been looking forward to this. For about 46 years.

Catchphrase!

-j.

The action adventure will star Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Clark Gregg (S.H.I.E.L.D agent Phil Coulson), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) and Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill). Director Joss Whedon is at the helm, based on a screenplay he wrote with Zak Penn.

The Avengers strikes down theaters May 4, 2012.
    Potential Plot:
    Quote Quote:
    According to Latino Review, the central villain of the Marvel team-up movie will be Loki, the god of mischief soon to be seen in Thor as played by Tom Hiddleston. (The actor's been coy in the past when pressed about whether or not he'll also appear in The Avengers.) If this is true, then some spoilers follow.

"Loki needs some serious muscle to go up against The Avengers and he does this by using the cosmic cube seen in Captain America: The First Avenger and also seen in the screen capture I took of the Thor Comic-Con trailer," the site reports. "Loki uses the cube to get a hold of the Aliens (aka The Skrulls) to invade Earth and fight The Avengers."

It should be noted that in the Thor movie, the Asgardians aren't the mythological gods they are in the comics but rather aliens whom ancient earthlings worshiped as deities.
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1153232p1.html
    So physched for this movie going to be epic cant wait to see some pics from the set. Wandering what Hawkeye's suit will look like.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Avengers Movie Now Filming!

The film is deffinetly going to be damn interesting!
    Especially after Captain America. All the heroes of the previous Marvel Movies like Iron Man, Tor, Captain America, Hulk look like a great combo.
    Also it would be great to see Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Though I have a question if we'll see Black Panter and Ant Man?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Avengers Movie Now Filming!

Ok, I was abit skeptical about Scarlett Johansson playing Black Widow, so I googled some images. After seeing images of her working the red hair, I have no complaints.

She definitely looks awesome and she's also one of my most liked female actresses.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed