Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Air Gear 315 Discussion/316 Predictions

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 315 Discussion/316 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Based on your comparisons the all hyped up king of roads, the wind road, seems to get the short end of the stick.
    Yeah, as I was typing it I noticed that too.

From what I recall, the wind road is the closest to flying and is the basis for all the other roads, though Im not sure if O!G remembers that or just decided to drop that idea...
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    Yeah, as I was typing it I noticed that too.

From what I recall, the wind road is the closest to flying and is the basis for all the other roads, though Im not sure if O!G remembers that or just decided to drop that idea...
    Well the whole every road is based off the wind thing, kind of goes out the window when you look at the "physics" of the roads.
    OG also most likely dropped the idea of the wind being so free since its king is looking to take everybody's freedom

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter. Is Oh!G now saying that the Gem road derives from the Wind Road because the vibrations it emits are done using the air? Also now that we have the two riders with the weakest offence versus the new crown of the strongest defence. Is there really any point to this battle? I mean if Kazu can't avenge Spitfire without Ikki then its all rather pointless. And given that Spitfire himself said Kazu nor any Flame road rider has a chance, what is Kazu to do?

BTW, loved the scaling back of the injuries by Oh!G
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Good chapter. Is Oh!G now saying that the Gem road derives from the Wind Road because the vibrations it emits are done using the air?
    Well O!G has initally stated that all roads were derived from the Wind Road...but never stated how exactly this is so. Now recently he has said Gem is the most opposite to the Wind (which doesnt help his previous statement).

Kazu, like most readers had speculated the Gem road was limited to the ground. However with Spitfires words of Nike possesing the abilities of opposite roads it maybe that the "Jade Road" breaks the original Gem Roads limitations and using the Wind Road has mastered vibrations in the air.

Nike has the offense and defense of TWO opposite Roads basically eliminating their shortcomings and is why perhaps he is the strongest rider thus far.

Quote Quote:
    Also now that we have the two riders with the weakest offence versus the new crown of the strongest defence. Is there really any point to this battle? I mean if Kazu can't avenge Spitfire without Ikki then its all rather pointless. And given that Spitfire himself said Kazu nor any Flame road rider has a chance, what is Kazu to do?
    Well Aeon's Thorn mode should allow them to have some kind of a fight, and Kazu needs to be there to witness all of Nikes new tricks. I dont think Nike is going down here though, so Kazu can get upgrades before Nike finally falls perhaps by him, further down the line.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a pipe dream to believe that some how Kazu is going to defeat Nike by himself.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dirtywork's Avatar
    Country
    Mongolia
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

there are two possible reasons why that is...

1. aeon's flashback of having surgery done on him was the second operation he underwent to make his body incorporate the multi regalia thing that is called 'phantom'

2. o!g has once again failed in his consistency of design/plot (refer to the countdown in sleipnir's battle as rika's timer is shown throughout and the change in kiric's gem regalia in the middle of the inorganic net battle - yes, it did change but not everyone believes that)

take your pick... both are very plausible

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with it being as simple as the first one was a suit and this new one was actually him replacing body parts with AT.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member tarco0's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

don't be so picky, I hadn't realized until someone pointed out
    just enjoy the manga lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so I've got long explanations and theories I'm putting out there:

Quote Originally Posted by Zuriel View Post
    I know we're always exposed to O!G's crazy physics theater
    Well a possible real life explanation of this is string theory. Where if you are able to 'vibrate strings' or excite atoms in such a way you can make them change state. i.e. non-Newtonian fluids (real life example, however not practical)

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    seems to get the short end of the stick.
    I think I remember in a previous chapter it being said that all of the roads use the wind. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This might also be someone miss translating something. IDK

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Is Oh!G now saying that the Gem road derives from the Wind Road because the vibrations it emits are done using the air?
    It has been stated many times throughout Air Gear that Nike uses the 'Jade Road', not the 'Gem Road' as many people are attempting to insinuate on this thread. The 'Jade Road', is made up of Nike's wind road being used in conjunction with the Gem Roads' Regalia.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zuriel's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_001 View Post
    Okay, so I've got long explanations and theories I'm putting out there:

Well a possible real life explanation of this is string theory. Where if you are able to 'vibrate strings' or excite atoms in such a way you can make them change state. i.e. non-Newtonian fluids (real life example, however not practical)
    I'm very familiar with string theory although the last time I was looking into the subject was a few years ago so I don't know how much has changed since then. I think my example was the whole 'cracking the wind like it has layers,' part which I'm not sure fits with string theory. If somehow we're trying to assume that the composition of the air is altered to be like that of a solid or for it's change of phase mechanics (as gases like hydrogen or helium are metalized under millions of tons of pressure...), to be shifted then I guess that's possible, and also scary that such technology exists in Air Gear.

To give O!G credit there was one chapter where he (onigiri) mentioned the Navier-Stokes equations, something that would probably help allow things in AG to be possible, but I guess all that is just besides the point. All that is left to wonder is how far things will go but there will definitely be some scientific leeway once they actually start battling in the tower.

BTW, any updates on the next chapter situation? (or did I miss a memo)

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2