Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Why does Toudou want to revive the Impure King?

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does Toudou want to revive the Impure King?

What do you think are Toudou's intentions in wanting to revive the Impure King? Also, is he in cahoots with anyone? It seems to be something he has been planning for a rather long time, but why? Could he be planning some sort of revenge etc against the Order?
    Last edited by saladesu; April 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why does Toudou want to revive the Impure King?

I'm actually at a complete loss as to the reason for the resurrection of the Impure King.

First off, the Impure King doesn't seem to be all that strong from how easily the legend made it sound for how he was beaten. Other than spreading sickness and such, it doesn't really sound like a menace the True Cross Order can't deal with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably its a distraction or training course gone too wild ??

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know what point there is in reawakening the Impure King. Also, we haven't seen a reason why Toudou might want Yukio.

I believe Tatsuma has some connection to Garuda, given his odd control of the homa madala flames, and so might defeat the Impure King for good. What if Toudou wants this? What benefit?

I wonder if Toudo is in the service of another demon...

I am saddened how no one has made the obvious "Toudou, I don't think we're in Kyoto anymore" joke.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I really don't know what point there is in reawakening the Impure King. Also, we haven't seen a reason why Toudou might want Yukio.

I believe Tatsuma has some connection to Garuda, given his odd control of the homa madala flames, and so might defeat the Impure King for good. What if Toudou wants this? What benefit?

I wonder if Toudo is in the service of another demon...

I am saddened how no one has made the obvious "Toudou, I don't think we're in Kyoto anymore" joke.
    lol at the lame, but oddly funny joke.

I actually think you may have a good point there. Since I'm of the agreement that the Impure King is fairly weak as a demon and was easily defeated by the Garuda. I think if Tatsuma has regained the Garuda (through his travels and such) then Toudou may be aiming to steal that instead. I can even see him implanting both Impure Kings eyes to possibly control the Garuda if he seals it within himself or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

To use it as a pawn for the 'other reason' Yukio thinks the guy has?
    It doesn't make much sense yet, and to use it as a weapon is all that comes to mind right now.

the Impure king makes people ill with diseases and stuff right?
    Revenge against order?
    Wanting more power to surpass his family?
    Satan wanting to use it to get his son and using Toudou to do the dirty work?

Yukio being fully human is fishy he might have something, what? dont ask me but he's an important piece of the puzzle for sure, maybe he holds the key to Rin's full potential as a demon or during their birth something happened :/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's connected to that more dangerous type of miasma? Maybe it's got super-powers like making people more vulnerable to possession. That's something Toudou might want to achieve - turning more people into demons.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Kryanka. It's either that, or they want to distract the Order which will be busy trying to save the people who are sick due to the miasma so that some other stronger demon can invade Assiah.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The impure king is a much more brute demon than he currently appears to the reader's perspective, in my opinion. I just can't see why he'd be a legendary demon that everyone is pooping their pants about if he didn't pose a very serious threat.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

In chapters which have been released so far, we saw there was another attempt in reviving the impure being (the latest being the Impure Princess). And with the latest situation of an artificial Gate of Gehenna created, maybe with more miasma born from the impure beings, the gate may open faster or easier? That way they can distract the Order from destroying the impure beings or find a way to close the gate. Then again, if Arthur is that strong, he can just go to take care them all while the rest of the order destroy the gate.

Toudou has a boss as well, so he must be the master mind behind those pranks.

New Reply