Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Future Possibilites

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Future Possibilites

Well I live in America and am currently a sophomore in high school. Lately, I've been really worried about college and about what I want to be when I grow up. Since I was a kid I always wanted to become a neurosurgeon but lately I realized how much work it will take. I'm going to be in my mid to late 30s by the time I become a neurosurgeon. I just wanted to know if anyone has any other careers that would interest me. I'm really into things that deal with the medical field or the human mind. Also, should I try to take my ACT this year?

Thank you

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future Possibilites

Quote Originally Posted by shuha27 View Post
    Well I live in America and am currently a sophomore in high school. Lately, I've been really worried about college and about what I want to be when I grow up. Since I was a kid I always wanted to become a neurosurgeon but lately I realized how much work it will take. I'm going to be in my mid to late 30s by the time I become a neurosurgeon. I just wanted to know if anyone has any other careers that would interest me. I'm really into things that deal with the medical field or the human mind. Also, should I try to take my ACT this year?

Thank you
    I think you're career plan is fantastic the way it is. I know it maybe long, but the rewards are that much greater (In pay). You'll be making in a day what most people make in a week some times 2 weeks, if its bi week pay.

Pharmacy might be good, Children's doctor as well. In short, if you can manage, stay with it.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I think you're career plan is fantastic the way it is. I know it maybe long, but the rewards are that much greater (In pay). You'll be making in a day what most people make in a week some times 2 weeks, if its bi week pay.

Pharmacy might be good, Children's doctor as well. In short, if you can manage, stay with it.
    Thank you Charlie. I've been thinking about it and now my goal is to become neurosurgeon. It might be a difficult task but I will get rewarded for it later on. ^_^

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

4 years of college, 4 years of med, 5-7 years of surgical residency. A lot of school left, not to mention the fact that you have to be continually studying. But I guess if its something you want then go for it. Yeah, it can be very rewarding (currently studying medicine). Hope you got steady hands.
    Last edited by cracker; May 08, 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

First year at high school right now and right now Im planning to do this as well as possible so I can get into law scientific college out here in Finland.There are few reasons why I want to be lawyer well for one is that I hate crime,criminals etc that's why I'm going to become district attorney besides I like to argue if its rather smart type of arguing so what could be better.And well the money aint bad and such.I would have wanted to become a police but I dont see what the hell do they do in Finland aside from putting car drunks in jail

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what studyor best possibility to become a Manga Editorin a publisher?

New Reply