Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Request a Full Proofreading

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Request a Full Proofreading

Welcome to the Request a Full Proofreading thread!

To Translators
    This thread is for you to request a proofreader to look over your entire translation to check for grammar and flow.

In your post, please give as much info as possible:
    1) A link to your translation/translation under spoiler tags
    2) As much context as you can give
    3) Highlight specific parts that you are unsure of

An example (a single line from the full translation):
    Spoiler show

It is also recommended that you request someone to proofread your translation for grammar/flow here after being checked for accuracy here, especially if you feel your Japanese proficiency is not very high.

All the best

To Proofreaders
    This thread is for you, proofreaders, to look over entire translations to check for grammar and flow.

In your reply, be as helpful as possible, pointing out the translators' errors and common mistakes in detail so that the translator can learn and improve! To reduce clutter on the page, please put your corrections under a spoiler tag.

Thank you for your time and effort in helping translators improve!
    Last edited by saladesu; April 28, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Request a Full Proofreading

hi i would like to apply for proofreading. though i am from the philippines (where "tagalog"/"filipino" is used as daily conversation in National Capital Region) i read a lot of english novels, books, (as well as technical books-i am currently studying industrial engineering). i can be of help in correcting and or validating some of your english-translated mangas (i am not familiar with translation of j>e though). please consider me!

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Request a Full Proofreading

To Proofreaders:

Please check this Request a Full Proofreading thread to see if translators have requested any help. Translators' releases with the "needs proofreader" status on MH can be found by clicking on the links. Since translators may already have their own proofreaders, it is good idea to contact translators in person via PM or make posts in Meet the Translators and introduce yourself. If you are interested in joining a group, you may also want to visit Forum: Staff and Project Resources. (Sorry, the proofreader test project is currently on hold.)
    Last edited by mikkih; June 05, 2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: changed font size - To Proofreaders:

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Anyone Need a Proofreader.

Hello everyone, how are you all doing. Okay first I'm new and I don't know if I posted this new thread in the right section. So if I didn't please tell me where to post this, and if I did that's great.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone needed a proofreader I would love to get some experience on proofreading manga scans. So I hope I can become friends with all of you and I hope I enjoy working with some of you.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply