Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who is your Favorite AnE Character?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Okumura Rin

20 43.48%
  • Suguro Ryuuji

1 2.17%
  • Moriyama Shiemi

3 6.52%
  • Kamiki Izumo

1 2.17%
  • Shima Renzou

3 6.52%
  • Miwa Konekomaru

0 0%
  • Okumura Yukio

4 8.70%
  • Fujimoto Shirou

2 4.35%
  • Mephisto Pheles

6 13.04%
  • Kirigakure Shura

2 4.35%
  • Suguro Tatsuma

0 0%
  • Shima Yaozou

0 0%
  • Shima Juuzou

0 0%
  • Shima Kinzou

0 0%
  • Honjou Uwabami

0 0%
  • Honjou Mamushi

0 0%
  • Amaimon

0 0%
  • Astaroth

0 0%
  • Satan

0 0%
  • Igor Neuhaus

1 2.17%
  • Arthur Augusto Angel

1 2.17%
  • Takara

0 0%
  • Kuro

2 4.35%
  • Toudou Saburouta

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character and Why?

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Character and Why?

Here you can say your favorite character and discuss why. My #1 fav is Fujimoto Shiro for being the Badass Preacher/Father/Mentor/Exorcist, followed by Shiemi, Bon and Rin (because of his easy-going attitude, though he's quite flawed).
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Character and Why?

I added a poll If any characters are missing do let me know so I can add them Meanwhile, vote away~

As for myself, my favourite character is Yukio He's just cool! And funny too. But more importantly, I really like that he was originally just a weakling but chose to, and worked real hard, to become strong by becoming an exorcist, in order to protect Rin. I like weaklings who work hard and become strong :3 His maturity and strength in choosing so heavy a burden to place upon himself, not for his own sake but for that of his brother, at the tender age of 7, is also something I really admire.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say Sheimi cuz of all the funny/cute moments that happen around her and because of the potential she shows as a character who is developing hopefully she will not remain just a damsel in distress,
    and also Rin cuz of similar reasons plus he's a shonen whos not totally dumb which i like and also he does show romantic interests (its good in a shonen to have a bit of that ^^) unlike most shonen heros whom suddenly tell a character he loves her suddenly at the end with no hints or there is none at all. He's sweet, strong and troubled but gets over these troubles with some difficulty not instantly and with help

Shura and Mephisto are also on the list.

pretty much till know though i must say all the characters are nice and quite lovable and the above are kind of a forced choice in a way xD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I was first to vote Rin, yay! He's full of contrasts, fiery but has a heart of gold, he's never emo and doesn't think more than it's necessary

I picked the main character even though I have many favorites. Yukio is another - I love his energy and badassness hidden behind cool and unimpressed attitude of young prodigy, and I love how he cares for his brother.
    Shirou for being, well, awesome, for being the bast exorcist, mentor, parent and still having great sense of humor.
    Shura for being empathetic and intelligent even though she doesn't look like it.
    Bon, for how he tries to be vicious but not always succeeds.
    Shima and his oldest brother for being naturally cool and easygoing.
    And Baldy, knows also as Arthur Angel, because I think he's got what it takes to be amazing antagonist.
    Last edited by Kryanka; June 17, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

RIN gotta be Rin. Like Kryanka says
    Quote Quote:
    He's full of contrasts, fiery but has a heart of gold, he's never emo and doesn't think more than it's necessary
    I just love his attitude! I like his bold and cheekiness and he's just a lot of fun always having something to say and he's powerful

Next I'd say Shiro cuz he's just awesome also filled with attitude and heart and courageousness

Then probably a tie between Mephesto cuz he's dark and amusing and sorta mysterious but also has a great mad dress sense and general great visual style! and that womanizer Shima XD, I think he's really fun and has a really cool personality and his willingness to accept Rin is cool too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    Kneeling @ My Ichigo Shrine, Thanking My Lucky Stars For The Day I Met Ichigo
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rin
    Shura
    Amaimon
    Yukio

and in that order...

Rin because he's lovable and stupid but amazingly strong

Shura because--who doesn't love a drunken babe, that can kick ass. I love her fighting style

Amaimon because he's so cute, when he's trying to kill Rin

Yukio because he's a bad ass norm...is he a "norm"? I dunno

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To put this question in a poll makes it hard to answer it. XD

I like both Rin and Yukio. Rin with his antihero characteristics: seems like easy to be angry, full of energy, pretend that he doesn't care while he actually is. I also like Yukio for his cool appearance, a perfect match for Rin. He also looks like he cares about Rin, although sometimes somehow I doubt it. :P The other characters are fun as well. It's very funny to see Rin and Bon in quarrel, the clumsy Shiemi, the stupid crazy Mephisto, and so on. I like them all, I suppose.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Rin but also like Mephisto. Rin is easy to sympathize with; the nice guy who doesn't quite fit in but tries hard anyway. Mephisto for being so enigmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    To put this question in a poll makes it hard to answer it. XD

I like both Rin and Yukio. Rin with his antihero characteristics: seems like easy to be angry, full of energy, pretend that he doesn't care while he actually is. I also like Yukio for his cool appearance, a perfect match for Rin. He also looks like he cares about Rin, although sometimes somehow I doubt it. :P The other characters are fun as well. It's very funny to see Rin and Bon in quarrel, the clumsy Shiemi, the stupid crazy Mephisto, and so on. I like them all, I suppose.
    Rin reminds me of Narut: rough around the edges, not particularly polite, a bit volatile, but ultimately has a heart of gold. Rin seems to bring out the best and worst in people, just like Naruto does.
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 20, 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'm the only one who voted for Kuro. >< I'd wanted to vote for Rin at first, but I couldn't resist Kuro's cuteness. I find it cute that Kuro is like a little innocent kid(: Rin is awesome for how he actually wants to help others but ends up making things worse sometimes. And also, he is a very straightforward person, and doesn't like to lie to himself.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Haha brilliant reasoning!

Seems like a lot of people have Yukio pretty high up... Am I the only one that isn't terrible fond of him? I think he's pretty average and an overworking spoilsport, not the most fun or interesting (bless he does try though)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BexXx View Post

Seems like a lot of people have Yukio pretty high up... Am I the only one that isn't terrible fond of him? I think he's pretty average and an overworking spoilsport, not the most fun or interesting (bless he does try though)
    you're not the only one i find hims sometimes (may the fangirls forgive me) annoying Rin is cuter, awesomer, more adorable and less know it all but still wise in his own childish way Rin is like my second anime crush =D

Quote Quote:
    this post is a win =] and thinking about it he is in his own weird way and he makes Rin have really cute reactions (when he took Rin's sword or tried to kiss sheimi xD)

I had to choose sheimi cuz i know no one else will and i do like her she's like a little cute child >< and summoning is an awesome power i wish she's get like a rose dragon or something that cool =D

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

There isn't for me any character that really stands compare to the others.
    I like Rin and i am expecting a lot from Satan, but apart from that i don't really have a favourite.

Though i find Mephisto quite intriguing.

Oh and i forgot to mention Fujimoto Shirou, which was also a good and interesting character

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i wanted to vote for kuro too!!!don't worry Addenza!!!i wish i could vote for more than one character but in the end rin is my fave!i love rin because he seems like the most dynamic character. we seem him start out as a punk with no goals who fights for the things he cares about but only ends up getting in trouble. then his father (shiro we love you! lol ) dies and he makes a resolution to change himself and develops a goal for himself. i love his easy going nature, the way he procrastinates doing his homework (like me!), his naivity, and his willingness to sacrifice everything, even his goals, to protect his friends and any innocents in the area. he has such a strong sense of who he and i think that's what i admire most about him. go rin!!!
    Last edited by candy; June 27, 2011 at 12:02 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BexXx View Post

Yukio seems so uptight. He's an interesting character, with a lot of room to develop, but a little annoying at this point in the story. He makes a good foil for Rin though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mysterious_Kaitou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose Yukio as my favourite character because despite looking serious, he's actually rather funny and uh, derpy too. He acts as a wonderful contrast to Rin. And there's also the fact that I can sympathise with his worrying over his moles because I have two moles under my left eye too. Oh, and how can I forget about Fukuyama Jun voicing him? XD

And I think saladesu had said almost all of my reasons for liking Yukio. His character development from his childhood to now is amazing and I admire that a lot. In short, he's a strong character that has still has many weaknesses. I hope Katou-sensei gives Yukio room to develop further, maybe with an arc that centrates more on him than Rin, but maybe that's too far-fetched.

Of course I also like Rin too since he's adorable and hilarious. Actually everyone is awesome. If I could, I think I'll vote for everyone. *A*

BEST PANTY & STOCKING PARODY EVER

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast