Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody blue View Post
    Great news: DGM Vol. 15 is ranked #2 (behind One Piece) in the Top Ten Selling Manga for the past two weeks (6/3-6/9 and 6/10-6/16).
    well then the next on shall be 1#!!!
    well thats looking at the pattern before>.<

i just want to see the scene where allen playes the song in the arc, animated, so far i not realy looking forward to anything happen..well actualy, maybe when cross apears XD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member descendant's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Hoshino Katsura's gender

actually this started with my discussion with ultibankai in the chapter 166 discussion thread which is not supposed to be discussed there

so i create this new thread so that others can also share their thoughts and discuss this matter along with other D.Gray-man readers and fans

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=39
    Quote Originally Posted by ultibankai View Post
    OMG, I just found out from Wikipedia that Katsura Hoshino is a dude. I always thought he was a..... she!! Lol. Anyhow, I loved the latest chapter, although it was predictable and obvious what Hoshino was turning Allen into, A perfect hybrid. And if I am correct with knowing of all Noah abilities, there has been none with the "Memories" theme or background or whatever it is, like Tyki's pleasure or creepy girl Road's dream ability. So when the 14th is fully awakened then Allen's inevitable hybridization(totally random word) will be complete, lol.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=41
    Quote Originally Posted by descendant View Post
    Although no photo of Hoshino Katsura has been published at this time, based on her past comments (particularly the comments for Miranda Lotto) and drawing style, Japanese fans usually assume Katsura to be a female mangaka, despite the fact that it is unusual for women to publish in shounen serializations. To further complicate this mystery, Viz refers to Katsura as a male when mentioning her.

Hoshino is known to have an older twin sister, who visits her often, and a younger brother who "gave her a watch as a present" (apparently she took it from him even though he protested). In order to please her sister, she used to draw manga every day, and she liked drawing herself. But even though Hoshino is assumed to be female, she often uses "boku" (male way of referring to self, also used by tomboys) and "jibun" (a more polite and humble way to refer to oneself, used both by males and females) to refer to herself, making much more confusion about the mystery of her true gender, especially when using "jibun", as it is harder to tell whether she is male or female.

source: mangaupdates

but if you look at the manga volume cover, from the pictures in the author note column i guess that hoshino katsura is a "she" hehe
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=52
    Quote Originally Posted by ultibankai View Post
    Dude, if Viz whom has no doubt seen Hoshino Katsura, or even works with him, refers and tells everyone that Katsura is male, then that pretty much confirms that Hoshino is a man, what makes you think he is a girl. Even after that pretty obvious confirmation of him being male. HOSHINO KATSURA is male. End of that. Cant wait for the next chapter as what Cross says next has me stoked.
    For even more accurate proof go to Viz's site directly for the info: http://www.vizmedia.com/products/pro...ction=profiles
    although vizmedia refer to hoshino katsura as a "he", we never know if Viz has actually seen/met Hoshino Katsura. well at least i don't think they have to personally meet the mangaka to publish their work. Viz can just deal with the producing company in Japan
    Viz may assume hoshino katsura as a male since D.Gray-Man is a shounen manga and usually shounen manga are drawn by male mangaka artist ^^

anyway my deduction that hoshino katsura is a female is just based on the pics in the author notes column of the cover of volume 3, 13 and 15

you can see the volume covers in this thread or for better pics please see here
    Last edited by descendant; July 12, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    currently following these manga/manhwa:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Darcy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hoshino Katsura's gender

I heard someone say somewhere that in the Fanbook, in the interview with Hoshino and Mr. Y, that Hoshino says something like "because I'm a woman...". Don't know if it's true though...I'll look through it and see if I can find it though.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=57654&dateline=1213333839

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

thanx~ it would be great if you could find it
    Spoiler show

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

she's female for 100% sure

mangaka add in latest volume

Spoiler: Hoshino? creds to heiji from ritual show
    Last edited by Koen; July 13, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Darcy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Found it! She definitely says "私が女だから..." on page 200. That does mean "Because I'm a woman..." I'm fairly sure. Not sure about the rest of the sentence...so if anyone better at japanese wants to check it out, it's in Hoshino's first paragraph on page 200.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=57654&dateline=1213333839

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Darklight0303's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So we can finally settle once and for all. HOSHINO IS FEMALE.

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

"What Viz says" doesn't count anyway - Hoshino was hiding her gender, so why would Viz come out and say that she's female when it's a secret to most Japanese fans? English doesn't allow for the vagueness that Japanese does.

But yes, Hoshino says it flat out in the fanbook. (IIRC, it was someone's criticism about why most of her characters were originally female or something like that. It's a really, really long interview. Damn, that woman can talk.)

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i figured that hoshino is a woman/lady
    there's just too many hint that proves it
    but Viz just had to complicate this matter
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my suspicisions when Wikipedia brought it up. XD And then I thought about it and concluded it did sound more like a woman wrote it than a man. It's hard to describe...but Miranda's data page in volume 3 totally gave it away!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schwindelmagier's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, Hoshino is 100%-ly a female. I have seen some photos of her in the German anime-manga magazine "Animania" 8just the back of her but it's definitely a female since the Animania-people call her "female" and they had an interview with her). Plus, she will visit a German anime-manga-convention called "Animagic" in a month or so. Expect some photos from this event.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schwindelmagier View Post
    Yup, Hoshino is 100%-ly a female. I have seen some photos of her in the German anime-manga magazine "Animania" 8just the back of her but it's definitely a female since the Animania-people call her "female" and they had an interview with her). Plus, she will visit a German anime-manga-convention called "Animagic" in a month or so. Expect some photos from this event.
    holy crap!! u have her photos? can we see it? i have never seen her photos yet and i can't find them on the internet
    Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I didn't buy the magazine but maybe I can either take photos of the page with the interview or buy it when I go to the book store next week. I can't promise though.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

it's ok if you don't have it, no need to waste your money on it
    i'm only wondering how she looks
    Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was really her on the photo and I believe so, then she has short black hair and lots of stuff around her wrists like a watch and bracelets.

Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast