Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2003

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    Well, and can't accept the golden week as a reason too because, jump sq has other authors and they have published their mangas as usual. Or she is sick, or she doesn't care anymore.
    Given that Hoshino has taken months off in the past it's reasonable to think that she probably doesn't work too far in advance like most of the authors in SQ might. Also with the recent change in art she might have new assistants or who knows, maybe none at all? We can't assume too much. If DGM is absent there has usually been a reason, whether it was illness or a need for research time. Since none is given I think Golden Week is probably a safe bet, especially how she was off the issue before last as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

well the sad thing is that the aurthor of TLR was able to release additional chapter 2weeks ago and now there is a normal chapter... so many pages and was still able to make it... hoshino does only like 30pages and she still is not able to compleate them... lately she gives BIG panel chapters... so only 2-3char movemnet and it takes 1whole page which normaly could take 2-3panels on a page.... sometimes I think that she should sacrafice a little of the "art" for the sake of making to the dead line... becouse now she has 1additional month... but this 1month has no effect on "more pages" like last time we had to wait a month to get 20 pages or something like that... and this is sad

hoshino could at least leave a note in other magazine that there wont be a chapter this month and she feels sorry for that... fans would understand it and ease their expectatioins.. but there was no note at the end of last chap... and no note in different magazines ;/ now people feel great shock since there is no link stuff or kanda stuff... but all about neah/mana/allen and that was a thing everyone was waiting for.... so no wonder the shock and whining and crying is loud and long after such a turn of events (the most cruel "clifhanger" in existance)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member verduister's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Those "she doesn't care anymore" comments are ticking me off, to be honest. Hoshino cares very very very much about her manga. Try reading her interviews.

Anyway. The previous chapter said there wouldn't be a break so it's obviously not according to schedule. I hope she didn't overtax herself again or something like that.

4. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Arghhh.... cruel D:
    Last chapter was so good, and that cliffhanger!

I doubt Hoshino has just stopped caring about Dgm.
    The chapters are written well it doesn't seem like someone with dying motivation is writing them at all. >:0
    Hopefully it isn't health issues. The last chapter was such a cliff hanger ;3;

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the sock is not about we don't have dgm this month, its about how great was the cliffhanger and nobody can wait anymore xD anyway, hope is just a 'month off' and next month will be a great one!
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by verduister View Post
    Those "she doesn't care anymore" comments are ticking me off, to be honest. Hoshino cares very very very much about her manga. Try reading her interviews.

Anyway. The previous chapter said there wouldn't be a break so it's obviously not according to schedule. I hope she didn't overtax herself again or something like that.
    My god, I thought no one would bring this up. Reading Hoshino's interviews really doesn't give me the idea that she feels like throwing in the towel. And I doupt her editor is feeling that way either because he actually sounds pretty excited for the upcomming developments too. On a side note though, I don't think its a good idea to quit your first series anyway, especially one you've obviously put so much effort in (some people forget that this manga is a compilation of several different stories that Hoshino thought up sepperately), because this will make readers who have loved your previous work reluctant in seeing anything else you do. Hence why I said quitting is no solution.

I liked so many of the recent posts that my fingers went numb I'm really happy that so many people believe in this series just as much as I do if not more.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess its an illustration for the book

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    This is a list for people who give special contribution for congratulating Asada's (author of Tegami Bachi) 25th year anniversary for his career:

Akimoto Osamu
    Arakawa Shin
    Ikeda Akihisa
    Izumi Mitsu
    Oda Eiichrou
    Obata Takeshi
    Kazu Hajime
    Kamijou Atsushi
    Kishimoto Masashi
    Kotani Kenichi
    Sakura Kenichi
    Sukeno Yoshiaki
    Tajima Shouu
    Tezuka Production
    Toriyama Akira
    Nakamura Takatoshi
    Fujisaki Ryuu
    Furukawa Shirori
    Furuya Usamaru
    Hoshino Katsura
    Masuda Kousuke
    Murata Renji
    Yagi Norihiro
    Yabuki Kentarou
    Yamamoto Yamato
    Watsuki Nobuhiro

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    i guess its an illustration for the book
    I don't think illustration really affects D.Gray-man's sudden hiatus, most of people who contribute to Asada's anniversary are the authors who also serialize in SQ. Basically, it is not an excuse for her sudden break.

I think the main reason for D.Gray-man's sudden break is there are just too many series in SQ right now. SQ is having new series rush since beginning of 2012 and there aren't many series that ended to make space for new series. Furthermore, SQ just started another two new series (Rurouni Kenshin and Senyuu); so, some series have to take one month break to make room and I think D.Gray-man was decided to be one of them.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this was really sad news I do hope Hoshino is okay

My first thought about the hiatus is that... as we know very well by now, Hoshino is a perfectionist; which is both a blessing and a curse for her. After the care she put into last chapter, and especially the last page, I got a feeling that we're going to step into an important arch/flashback that Hoshino has thought A LOT about. She wants to convey everything she's had in her head for years, she's probably drawing and redrawing in search of the perfect expressions... and then she couldn't make it until deadline, with all the other side-projects and all. At least that's what I'd like to believe, instead of thinking that she's lazy or sick. Next month will surely give us awesomeness like no other *foreeeever optimistic* Still, sad news ;_;

Off-topic - I'm going to be completely offline for a week now (not even lurking! ). I'm going on a sail ship across the North Sea with my class x'D So if I don't go down Titanic-style, see you guys later~

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think illustration really affects D.Gray-man's sudden hiatus, most of people who contribute to Asada's anniversary are the authors who also serialize in SQ. Basically, it is not an excuse for her sudden break.

I think the main reason for D.Gray-man's sudden break is there are just too many series in SQ right now. SQ is having new series rush since beginning of 2012 and there aren't many series that ended to make space for new series. Furthermore, SQ just started another two new series (Rurouni Kenshin and Senyuu); so, some series have to take one month break to make room and I think D.Gray-man was decided to be one of them.
    Nooo, you didn't get it xD i was talking that I think that this contribution is a draw :P

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner midnightpony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No D.Gray-Man *heart breaks*
    Oh well as a D.Gray-Man fan one quickly gets used to the hiatuses rather quickly and, imho, i want a good chapter with a break rather than one that is only 17 or 18 pages long. I just hope that Hoshino is ok and that she cranks out an uber-good chappy next month.
    Last edited by midnightpony; April 27, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going to tell myself that the longer I wait, the more flashback-awesomeness will be in the next chapter (hopefully).

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coah's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Err... I honestly highly doubt this. DGM is one of the most popular series in SQ and to remove it for a new series would just be unwise on their part. Also, if anything like this were to happen there would definitly be a notice a few months prior, etc.
    Last edited by Coah; April 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coah View Post
    Err... I honestly highly doubt this. DGM is one of the most popular series in SQ and to remove it for a new series would just be unwise on their part. Also, if anything like this were to happen there would definitly be a notice a few months prior, etc.
    I think he meant DGM was decided to be one because hiatuses aren't a strange thing for the series in the first place.

What he describes isn't unheard of though.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Coah View Post
    No, it's not. The popular series are first priority to take absent when there are no space because one chapter absent doesn't really affect its popularity because it already created their own fandom and DGM already proved that its popularity is still strong. However, the unpopular series isn't going to take break because even one chapter absent does affect their popularity (they are still in a stage of developing their popularity). So, the popular series are primary candidate to take one chapter absent when there aren't enough space.

However, it looks like it is confirmed that DGM's sudden absent was caused by Hoshino's sudden sickness.

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast