Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 117 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2003

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    No, it's not. The popular series are first priority to take absent when there are no space because one chapter absent doesn't really affect its popularity because it already created their own fandom and DGM already proved that its popularity is still strong. However, the unpopular series isn't going to take break because even one chapter absent does affect their popularity (they are still in a stage of developing their popularity). So, the popular series are primary candidate to take one chapter absent when there aren't enough space.

However, it looks like it is confirmed that DGM's sudden absent was caused by Hoshino's sudden sickness.
    Chosing DGM would be stupid,though.The editors should be aware of the agony DGM fans go through,so why should they take DGM out instead of,let's say,Claymore.It has to be due to Hoshino's sudden sickness.Even though I wonder why she doesn't take a long-term break in order to actually recover.Those sudden illnesses can't mean anything good.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Chosing DGM would be stupid,though.The editors should be aware of the agony DGM fans go through,so why should they take DGM out instead of,let's say,Claymore.
    As I said, one chapter absent doesn't really affect their popularity and DGM still outsell more than Gintama and Reborn! who don't take any breaks. When you look at other magazines like Magazine and Sunday, the absent series are mostly already established series because they already created their fandom. If there were agony by fans, then this action should've already be shown to other magazines.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said, one chapter absent doesn't really affect their popularity and DGM still outsell more than Gintama and Reborn! who don't take any breaks. When you look at other magazines like Magazine and Sunday, the absent series are mostly already established series because they already created their fandom. If there were agony by fans, then this action should've already be shown to other magazines.
    I'm not saying that DGM taking a break will affect its popularity.It's just that Hoshino takes breaks quite often,so excluding it from this issue would be dumb,because they could exclude series like Claymore,which is in like every issue.What I'm trying to say is that the editors should think about the fans and in Claymore's case a break wouldn't be too terrible for them,but in DGM's case,a break is devastating for the fans,as it happens so often.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I'm not saying that DGM taking a break will affect its popularity.It's just that Hoshino takes breaks quite often,so excluding it from this issue would be dumb,because they could exclude series like Claymore,which is in like every issue.What I'm trying to say is that the editors should think about the fans and in Claymore's case a break wouldn't be too terrible for them,but in DGM's case,a break is devastating for the fans,as it happens so often.
    The absent could not always mean that the editors let take the author an issue break; most of absents can be affected by the personal reasons like illness or she has some event to attend. Plus, you can actually think like the authors may have give the author a break if you follow the flow of ending a series and putting a new series.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The absent could not always mean that the editors let take the author an issue break; most of absents can be affected by the personal reasons like illness or she has some event to attend. Plus, you can actually think like the authors may have give the author a break if you follow the flow of ending a series and putting a new series.
    That's what I'm saying.It has to be something else,like a sudden illness or an event.But I doubt they would chose DGM when there are too many series.Or it could be that they decided to give her a break in order for her to recover a little because she wasn't feeling well or something.Either way,no DGM this month...

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A brief update to all of you guys. The truth of why DGM suddenly did not appear in this latest issue (which has been expected by a lot of you):

2ch poster #194 says:
    Quote Quote:
    I came across a paragraph on page 1 with a non-appearance print notification, while flipping through SQ.

D. Gray-man
    Non-print notification for June edition.

In this edition, even though we had an advance notice of publication for "D.Gray-man", due to the author being sick, it will make a non-print appearance.
    We apologize to all the readers, who were looking forward to this.
    It's expected to return for the July edition (June 4th).
    *skips this sentence because it's all about a questionnaire*
    So, another month to wait. Hoshino will definitely be healthier by then. Let's cheer for her recovery and strength. ^_^ Some of you need to remember that she's human.
    Last edited by tgirl; April 28, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

8. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg, i think that she really needs a new hiatus to recover her health... its sad when we see these breaks and we know that it's about her health again. She needs a rest
    Last edited by Niko_kun; April 28, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually glad she's taking a longer break.Hope she will recover during that time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

just finished watching fma brotherhood and dgm has ALOT of similarities to it..
    noah=homuclus
    order=central
    eds arm and allens arm
    carndinal guy which i similar to the ppl at centeral
    how the order is really evil and does random experiments
    and how kanda was experimented on and fma had the whole lab 5 thing
    even the memebers of the scientist div reminds me of the fma characters
    and how the noah are actually nice and by that i mean they just random talk/interact without always fighting just like the homuclus
    cross and izumi curtis
    link looks like edward
    there's many more similarites but thats all i can think of atm

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sensei42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but that's like comparing digimon to pokemon...

People have noted similarities before(just as they have with several other programs) but DGM and FMA have VERY different themes and tone. It's all in the execution~

Anime and manga as a genre just love their tropes and cliches, its part of its charm, so its not unusual to come across similarities all the time. I can name at least four shows where the main character(or even a side character) has an arm that contains a mysterious power/weapon, just as I can name oodles of shows with a main character with an unusual magic eye.

However I gotta admit that some of your comparisons don't make a lot of sense, mainly Cross and Izumi. Izumi is a devoted housewife and over all firm but nurturing figure. Cross is an unashamed womanizer, bastard and alcoholic who(admittedly) does care for Allen but refuses to acknowledge it until the very last moment.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

After typing six class projects in less than 5 hours, I came back in excitement while squealing to this forum only to find out that there's no DGM this month...

There goes my motivation for the final exams...

Well, I know Hoshino is really sick, so I'll try not to hyperventilate... It's better that she takes longer break to recover rather than forcing herself to work and died or lapse into a coma. In my opinion, hiatus(es) is a lot better than an axed or normal ending(s) because you know there's a chance (even if it's slim) the series continues, but with ending, it's more painful because you know that it's the end.

The great thing about the extreme cliffhanger in the last chapter is that the suspense has hold of the fans. So even if there's another break, we're too curious to abandon DGM
    My Yullen!

"A well-rounded critique is often the most rewarding gift a reader can give." —

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! another comparison discussion. Well I have to say, I'm currently reading FMA manga myself and I actually really like it. Though honestly speaking I'm taking sensei42's side on this one because alot of the comparisons people make between these two manga don't strike me as anything critical at all. That's because alot of the comparisons are just based on accessories not uncommon to alot of series having to deal with issues like war and religion. In fact, given these themes and ideals alot of the things compared, example: "The necessary evils adapted by the science devisions in both manga" and the organanization principles like a central office/headquarters is just part of the mix for any manga having to deal with things like war. In fact you could say that if these assets were absent then this would discredit the practicality of the manga. Just think how stupid it would be if the exorcist have been fighting the Earl all these years and never tried to implement organizational measures LOL, they would be non existent. As if they weren't losing hard enough already.
    Last edited by capricorn; April 29, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Queen View Post
    After typing six class projects in less than 5 hours, I came back in excitement while squealing to this forum only to find out that there's no DGM this month...

There goes my motivation for the final exams...

Well, I know Hoshino is really sick, so I'll try not to hyperventilate... It's better that she takes longer break to recover rather than forcing herself to work and died or lapse into a coma. In my opinion, hiatus(es) is a lot better than an axed or normal ending(s) because you know there's a chance (even if it's slim) the series continues, but with ending, it's more painful because you know that it's the end.

The great thing about the extreme cliffhanger in the last chapter is that the suspense has hold of the fans. So even if there's another break, we're too curious to abandon DGM
    Haha! Same thoughts ! I was looking forward to the new chapter and motivating myself with the idea of a new chapter coming up, only to find out it's not coming up soon T-T
    But exactly what's hoshino sensei down wiith? I've been trying to find out but couldn't find anywhere witht he proper info on what she's sick with ._. I hope she recovers quickly but the wait is definitely agonising :/

Anyway, hi! Im new to this website but definitely not new to dgray man~ ive been reading itsince 2007 but stopped reading for a while*guilty* and recently reading it again!
    Im supposed to be studying now(its my exams now you see) but i was dying to fiind out hows the updates of d gray man's coming up:P

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Hmm... actually, I don't exactly know what illness that caused her to take break every two months or so. I heard—from a not so reliable source—that it has something to do with her back bone, which is a common problem for every mangaka considering they bend their back almost every day to draw. I think Hoshino's is connected with the spinal cord. The spinal cord is a very vital organ of the body. I'm not really sure about it either. But if it's the spinal cord, then I can only pray for Hoshino's well-being. Operation is a possible option. But, again, if it's the spinal cord; one slip up, even a nanometer, will cause the person to be paralyzed from the neck down. I don't think her editor, as well as her friends and family, would want to risk for operation—if the problem is the spinal cord.

Nuh, now I've to face exams alone... and FF .net is dead! My only santcuary, where I wait for DGM's new chapter, is bombarded with multitude waves of horrible junk-fics! My eyes, my eyes!

And, hi! It's nice to see the DGM fandom is growing despite the frequent breaks
    Last edited by Bloody Queen; May 04, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
    My Yullen!

"A well-rounded critique is often the most rewarding gift a reader can give." —

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really sad to hear that she's sick but i'm sure it's nothing serious. Maybe poor Hoshino has a bad immune system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Queen View Post
    ^ Hmm... actually, I don't exactly know what illness that caused her to take break every two months or so. I heard—from a not so reliable source—that it has something to do with her back bone, which is a common problem for every mangaka considering they bend their back almost every day to draw. I think Hoshino's is connected with the spinal cord. The spinal cord is a very vital organ of the body. I'm not really sure about it either. But if it's the spinal cord, then I can only pray for Hoshino's well-being. Operation is a possible option. But, again, if it's the spinal cord; one slip up, even a nanometer, will cause the person to be paralyzed from the neck down. I don't think her editor, as well as her friends and family, would want to risk for operation—if the problem is the spinal cord.

Nuh, now I've to face exams alone... and FF .net is dead! My only santcuary, where I wait for DGM's new chapter, is bombarded with multitude waves of horrible junk-fics! My eyes, my eyes!

And, hi! It's nice to see the DGM fandom is growing despite the frequent breaks
    Ah now maybe she has a pre-existing back condition but being a mangaka wouldn't cause something like that to that severity, i'd be in the same position with my work and yes i do have back problems at times but that changes if a good chair is used and i had a wee accident years ago so it make more sense but I doubt that merely doing her job would cause something like that.

I was so looking forward to this chapter tho *sniffle*

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 117 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast