Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 118 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2003

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

^ Hmm, it has also mentioned that Hoshino is prone to illness/disaster; her car crashed more than once. Bad luck?

Or it's...

Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Queen View Post
    ^ Hmm... actually, I don't exactly know what illness that caused her to take break every two months or so. I heard—from a not so reliable source—that it has something to do with her back bone, which is a common problem for every mangaka considering they bend their back almost every day to draw. I think Hoshino's is connected with the spinal cord. The spinal cord is a very vital organ of the body. I'm not really sure about it either. But if it's the spinal cord, then I can only pray for Hoshino's well-being. Operation is a possible option. But, again, if it's the spinal cord; one slip up, even a nanometer, will cause the person to be paralyzed from the neck down. I don't think her editor, as well as her friends and family, would want to risk for operation—if the problem is the spinal cord.
    Like BexXx said, being a mangaka, there isn't enough trauma for something to cause paralysis. Whether there's a preexisting condition or not, this is more likely chronic pain due to her work (if it's a spinal thing in the first place) and/or genetics. Back/shoulder/neck issues are also caused or exasperated by stress, and being a mangaka is certainly stressful enough for that to happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read quite a few different things. All I know is that Hoshino is very unfortunate for such a young lady (she's only 32!).

It is 100% confirmed that she has a bad back. She mentioned that in an interview around the time DGM switched to Jump SQ.

It's rumored that she has a bad wrist. I think rumors of her getting wrist surgery came up around the Chapter 186 hiatus. I think there's a good chance of this being true as well. I didn't read any concrete proof like I did for the back rumor, but the rumors were still pretty credible.

The pregnancy rumors and the lawsuit rumors are BS. I still see people spreading them around on other manga forums, and they're both blatantly untrue.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, lawsuit and pregnancy? No way. It would make sense if it's a ergonomics issue, considering how she has been distancing from a rapid schedule. I wonder if she worked too hard and injured herself, so she's had to step back pretty far. DGM shouldn't be considered monthly. It should be considered irregular (on average, I'd say 7 issues per year). Basically a volume per year. Not a bad goal for Hoshino to work towards, but fans should accept that.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm back again, just wanted to find out from anybody with better intelligence than me and manage to find out whether there's gonna be a release this June issue?
    But i really pray that she recovers soon... its my favourite series so far and without it, my life is one hell of a misery o___o
    Just a random thought, i wish hoshino sensei has an official website where she can update it and connect with her fans ~ (just a thought...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furore View Post
    I'm back again, just wanted to find out from anybody with better intelligence than me and manage to find out whether there's gonna be a release this June issue?
    But i really pray that she recovers soon... its my favourite series so far and without it, my life is one hell of a misery o___o
    Just a random thought, i wish hoshino sensei has an official website where she can update it and connect with her fans ~ (just a thought...)

I had always thought this would be a good idea not only for the sake of keeping us fans informed but also so fans can get feedback on some of the projects Hoshino has been involved in. Perhaps we could even get in a coule questions about the manga, which can be either a good or bad idea dependent on what fans are enquirring and commenting on. Getting feedback from the mangaka detailing her reasons and feelings could really improve fans' appreciation of her work.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of mangaka are on twitter, but I haven't heard whether Hoshino is on it or not.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think she has one. She seems to be one who prefers privacy.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    I don't think she has one. She seems to be one who prefers privacy.
    Well yeah, she had never appeared publicly until recently. A stateside anime-con I believe.

I remember up until like two years ago people were still arguing over whether she was a woman or not

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She came to the USA? I know that she went to a German anime convention.

Yeah, I remember that. Ah, the good old days... *nogalistic*

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    She came to the USA? I know that she went to a German anime convention.

Yeah, I remember that. Ah, the good old days... *nogalistic*
    Hmmm, for some reason German does ring a bell. You might be correct actually.

LOL...well it makes sense for a woman writing Shounen manga to maybe want to be anonymous, but it seems a bit silly.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe she's shy?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't be something unique among mangaka. The going theory is she was trying to remain incognito in the male-dominated world of Shounen manga. Not sure if that was because of public opinion, or if it was something done for business reasons...who knows.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its actually a combination of both your reasons. Even when you try to find pictures of Hoshino on Google you barely find any, which is why I was surprised to see this picture she took with one of her fans. You can tell its really her because of that tribal styled tatoo on her left hand.http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0dSr4tHqW0...400/015gj3.jpg
    Last edited by capricorn; May 20, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, check this one out Interview with the Noah

God, I swear, just read it! It has everything that could've happened during the three months timeskip in Lavi's (and Noah's) POV. There are, like, every possible theory about the Noah and Bookman. There even a theory about Cross being Bookman's lost apprentice. This is the long-awaited masterpiece! No need to worry abour OOC-ness; every character is keep, well, in character. Just...perfect.

It really shows the Noah as a REAL family and **...I can't express my love of this. Every single DGM fan out there, READ IT!

P.S.: By the way, no need to worry about any Yaoi; the story is for every DGM fan—no Yaoi or Yuri or Het.
    Last edited by Bloody Queen; May 22, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
    My Yullen!

"A well-rounded critique is often the most rewarding gift a reader can give." —

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 118 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 ... LastLast