Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 29 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member aorin's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

^ Oh Naruto, I think you've never looked better

Also, here's the first part of the translation for Hoshino's interview.

Q: [D.Gray-man] will be serialized in [SQ] from this month onwards. From a weekly series to a monthly series, is there a lot of changes in your schedule?
    H: It should be that way. But I draw very slowly... so maybe it hasn't really changed much. (laughs)

Q: Because of your lower back problem has become worse.
    H: Yes, during spring this year. But I'm feeling much better now! It's actually my request to continue drawing as I recover. I was suppose to take two days off each week but... I promised that I'll rest for an hour after every two hours.

Q: Have you been reading a lot of comics since young?
    H: Not really that much... stuff like my younger brother's [Dai no Daiboken] and more adult-oriented stuff by Soryo Fuyumi, Makimura Satoru, etc from my mother's cupboard. Compared to comics, I actually liked anime better, especially Ghibli's movies. I watched it a lot, until casette production lessened.

Q: Which is your favourite?
    H: Definitely [Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind]. I never get bored of it. When I first saw in in Grade 4, I was immediately captivated by it. And after watching [Laputa: Castle in the Sky], I thought of becoming an animator.

Q: You've decided that you want to become an animator then?
    H: Before becoming a sophomore in senior high, I didn't do much. I just really like Hayao Miyazaki (laughs).

Q: Were you drawing comics then?
    H: Yes, but it's only the level of middle school messy scribbles and drawing incomplete comics on my notebooks. I'll be working on fantasy and it'll suddenly switch to a modern world. Maybe I was influenced by [Sailormoon], which I really liked and I end up just drawing anything that I like.
    Last edited by aorin; December 04, 2009 at 01:24 AM.

2. Thanks 16 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

there's a rare picture drawn by Hoshino. I found it so lovely!!!!
    Spoiler show

for people subscribing SQ Dec issue from animate can receive a premium card lol
    http://www.animate.co.jp/original/book.html
    (Im gonna remove the damn watermark )
    Last edited by Siberia; December 19, 2009 at 09:47 PM.
    MyList of reading n watching

4. Thanks 17 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakamoto's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ omg!! xD thx for sharing :] i wonder Hoshino supports AllenxRoad :P
    (Well Earl is kind of extra there xP)
    Last edited by Sakamoto; December 04, 2009 at 07:16 AM.
    _/¯¯¯¯\_
    /_@___@_/=~
    ♥Visit my Deviantart ;D ♥.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

nice pic, btw in a interview in germany someone asked her about RoadxAllen and she wouldnt say yes or no she said its secret... lol so who knows...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

More than the age between Road and Allen should worry us that they are familly!
    xDDDD

Love the pic, thanks!!

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the pic. Reminds me of the old school art. I'm still trying to get used to the post Zombie Arc art change.

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, I hope not, it's kind of... creepy. Especially at first. But who knows, Road seems pretty popular in Japan from what people have told me. Still, that'd be a pretty big departure from typical manga pairings... and it'd kill the yaoi fans, of course. :3

Hoshino was influenced by Sailor Moon?! Of all the things... XD

Naruto: Oh hey there, Allen Walker! I mean... >_> Well, it's no one's fault that both characters have pale colouring. Maybe if she'd drawn him in orange instead of DGM black...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

yaoi? well SQ jump and Shonen Jump aint Yaoi magazines... DGM never is or will be Yaoi.
    And most of the fans of yaoi that read DGM come up with fictional pairings lol.
    Like i said in germany she didnt want to answer the question if theres gonna be RoadxAllen so who knows.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts on that are that it might be complex - just like why the question mark existed on the relationship chart. There might not be a clear yes or no. It could be "yes" as in she continues to do what she did in the Ark, but "no" in that they don't end up together - or it could be, as some have speculated, that Road's behaviour is related to the 14th, which just makes a mess out of clear pairing boundaries. Giving an answer could reveal things that may make future mysteries more predictable and/or boring.

Alternatively, she just doesn't want to tell us anything about the future of DGM (besides that there would be a Kanda arc soon, which would have been like telling us the 14th plays a role in the plot at some point). My favourite authour was known for not answering questions for reasons ranging from spoiling plot, to the fact that he might use it in the future (might! and these were small details that wouldn't have ruined ANY plot mystery!) to just wanting to see us squirm with curiosity. Hoshino could have said something like that because she doesn't want to piss off fans of the pairing just yet (or other pairings... though, as I said, I have my doubts about *that* one). Or she wants to drop a big plot twist on us in the future that involves it.

...after a long tl;dr first thing in the morning, I shall summarize it by: I interpret that interview line as telling us nothing about the actual pairing and more about what might be relevant in the plot later on.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well just like i said its a possibility, she also left a AllenxLenalee open and even a LenaleexLavi. So its hard to pinpoint things. Tho its difficult to neglect how Road behaved herself towards Allen all that time.
    Now clearly people who dont want it come up with stuff like its related to the 14th. Yet she didnt know he was the 14th at Rewindtown or during the Ark-arc so that can be dismissed, unless its revealed she shares a bond with the 14th, wich imediatly makes her linked to the 14th. But this is unlikely since shes more troubled by the 14th then overjoyed, while her reactions towards Allen are happy. So there is a big contrast.
    Yet its clear Hoshino works rather subtle with social relations (only Allen/Roads relation is 1 of surprises)
    Elida<->Krory, Lenalee<->Komui,Lavi<->Bookman,Cross<->Allen,Anita<->Cross. And these are only a few are briliantly written social relations ranging from friends to family to lovers. So im sure Hoshino if she decides to pair off someone of the main cast she will know what shes doing.
    Also to note most love relations in this story end in disaster, AnitaxCross,EliadexKrory,GuzolxLala. (in all cases the female dies) Guzol simply dies of old age.In ManaxAllen the father son relation Mana dies. Cross as caretaker is MIA. Lenalees parents who only are refered to died. Lavi seems to be a orphan.
    So some happiness wouldnt be to bad...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    Now clearly people who dont want it come up with stuff like its related to the 14th. Yet she didnt know he was the 14th at Rewindtown or during the Ark-arc so that can be dismissed, unless its revealed she shares a bond with the 14th, wich imediatly makes her linked to the 14th. But this is unlikely since shes more troubled by the 14th then overjoyed, while her reactions towards Allen are happy. So there is a big contrast.
    I'm personally not a fan of the 14th theory myself, but we can't say that it's impossible. She knew the 14th, and Allen may look like the 14th, or whatever. Regardless, I could see how that would be a reason for Hoshino not wanting to reveal more. Or anything that might lead to spoilers like that.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah well ofc your right spoilering is bad. So its usualy limited to a few elements. Tho about Allen looking like the 14th, not all that much. Since she recalled his face and it didnt even look close to Allen.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    yeah well ofc your right spoilering is bad. So its usualy limited to a few elements. Tho about Allen looking like the 14th, not all that much. Since she recalled his face and it didnt even look close to Allen.
    Did she? She says she can recall his face, and that she's the only one who can. Whether it looked like Allen or not, we don't know. Road might not have said anything about it, since she said that line aloud to Wisely. (She also might not have consciously made the connection - the 14th was an adult when he died, and Allen is still a teenager. It'd be more like how Allen would look like the 14th in ten or twenty years.)

It's also entirely possible that they don't look alike. They just have similar hair. =P

There is something weird about the Noah's looks, though - why does the Earl look like Mana, and who does Tyki resemble (judging from the pictures we've seen of the brothers, consensus seems to be Mana too, but...)? Does Allen look like the 14th? And I'm convinced that Road and Lenalee look alike, though that might just be the art style. Still...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is if she remembered the 14ths face and Allen is dead on the same why didnt she report it?
    I already think both Road and Tykki will end up on his side so its no problem for me but i rather leave it open to debate, but if she did see it like *fck he looks just like him* and didnt say that to the earl shes a traitor lol.

It would be the same as a US marine walking thrue the mountains of Afghanistan and he sees this guy and thinks dmn he looks a lot like Osama. And doesnt do anything bout it lol.
    Later it seems he is Osama! dmn i should have reported this....at least.
    Last edited by ca12nag3; December 06, 2009 at 09:39 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why WOULD she report it? The Earl probably remembers his face, too - and the Earl has known Allen longer than she has. The Earl also has painful memories associated with the 14th, so it wouldn't be a good idea to bring it up. And Allen wouldn't be a dead-on match, either, what with the age difference.

Not that it's necessarily true, but it could be.

(I think it'd be more like seeing someone who looks remarkably similar to a dead friend or family member, and not wanting to point it out to the person closest to them because it'd make them suffer more with the memories. Something like that, anyway.)

Thread Closed
Page 29 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast