Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2003

Thread: DGM Hang Out Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blackberry90's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    well spoilers for TLR appeared today so I was hoping to see DGM spoilers... but this just killed my whole motivation of this week ;/ I throught that at least I will be able to read DGM durring this week of no mangas wait but its just sad.... sad becouse hoshino did not say anything at the end of last chapter about having a break ;/ and I would be glad if she explained why... since 2months ago If I remember there was a break too... its like its going to be "chapter-break-chapter-break ect." now as the story enters the really REALLY important and interesting things... she just takes a break and all fans that were waiting a month for this are like WHAT...how...why...nooo

I would be really thankfull if hoshino could tell beforehand that she takes a break to avoid uneeded disapointment
    I agree with this, at least I would not be as disappointed as now.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I swear, I could make money off of Hoshino's absences by betting on the lack of a chapter.

Look on the bright side - we will all be that much more excited for flashbacks about Mana and the 14th (and maybe Cross too.) My interested has been piqued after reading a fanfic that was AMAZING and covered the subject. We're getting to some plot meat.

DGM is the high-end restaurant of manga - you can marvel at the ideas and arrangement, and it tastes amazing sometimes. But it won't fill you up. Depends on your mood of the day whether you like it or not.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh Hoshino. You could've at least told us about your hiatus at the end of the cliffhanger instead of getting us excited. But it's not like DGM hiatuses surprise me any more. It's just that the cliffhanger was one of the worst cliffhangers Hoshino has pulled in years.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You are a cruel person Hoshino. (shakes fist)

..... I can't say I mind though in all honesty. I want to live with high hopes of Hoshino finally dipping into Neah and Mana's background a little longer.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

are u freakin kidding me?! wtf is this. i think hoshino should just end the manga..it looks like shes doesnt care as much anymore.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

A 2-page or 3-page omake (not oneshot) is no excuse for no chapter . The art in them isn't anything laborious usually anyways.

Kind of ridiculous, I think Golden Week must be a factor.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going to cross my fingers about this. (20/100 chances for this turn around...) I could easily speculate that Hoshino ran off with the Tegami Bachi mangaka to do an early Golden Week holiday trip, BUT, it is really weird since the last chapter did not state any "break" message.

I saw the list first at 2ch, and thought that the 2channers' reactions were not looking good.

Especially the user crying "Noooo wayyyy!!"

But after coming here, I simply have to borrow that 2chan poster's post.

Poster 169: うそああああああああああああ (No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy)

Followed by Poster 168's wave of tears on top of a second floor room:
    Spoiler show

Hoshino-san, onegai... Only she can ease everyone's suffering. However, I can let the Golden Week reason be an exception. I was sort of fearing this would be a factor.... Edit: Whenever she gets back from this Golden Week break, may her page outflow be twice longer than what it was. THERE!!

*crosses fingers once more*
    Last edited by tgirl; April 26, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, and can't accept the golden week as a reason too because, jump sq has other authors and they have published their mangas as usual. Or she is sick, or she doesn't care anymore.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

LOLOLOL!! You know at first I was a little pissed at the unfortunate though somewhat predictable news........ but then I read the comments and for some strange reason I have this goofy smile on my face all of a sudden. But no tgirl I wouldn't bet my money on that sweet dream your having. Sure it still burns me a little inside and I feel this wet burning sensation around my eyes but all i'm saying is, let's get real. This is Hoshino and this is something most of us should have gotten used to by now no matter how terribly annoying it gets (extremely annoying). BUT, no I don't think ending this series would be a solution to anything. Sure, probably Hoshino lost some motivation along the way in between: 1)sicknesses, 2)physical incapabilities, 3)D gray man's masssive plumit in popularity and sales since its transition to monthly and let's not forget 4) the overwhelming criticism she gets like seemingly every time she touches a pen these days. I'm not trying to make excuses for her its just that its realy hard not to. But don't agonize yourselves over this guys, the most we can do now is pray..

Most people have probably seen me say this already, but as opposed to several other series when I first started this manga I didn't like it that much. Overtime however it soon became a major favorite. And though many may disagree i actually think it has been getting consistently better. All i'm saying is no matter what phase or arc of d gray man it may have been that got you to like this series and no matter how much this manga may evolve, one thing remains constant. That is that this manga is written by none other than Hoshino herself. Just one more month (hopefully). Just hope for the best.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually really think Hoshino needs a two year break from DGM to decide whether she wants to continue or not, because she has been having trouble with it. If not, then I think she should move on and not be tied down by her first series. I think she really wants to wrap it up and as a perfectionist tries to make it work, but I don't think it's working out too well.

Maybe she'll rekindle her interest in DGM again, but I don't want her to force herself to draw this manga. I really like the story-writing techniques she uses.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pika318's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that D.Gray-man isn't the only one on break (there's Tegami Bachi and New Prince of Tennis as well), I'm sure they are some other reasons we do not know and probably not understand from our standpoint as readers on why she's taking this many breaks. It could be because it's her birthday month even. Don't be so hasty to assume that she lost her interest in it, that's just mean.

Instead of agonising over it so much, I would rather adjust my mental state and treat D.Gray-man as a manga that updates 6 times per year. After that long hiatus, it helps to just be patient.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Namiz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh*

The fact that some people still bitching about this shocked me more than the fact that there is another break.

Let's be real here. This is not the first time she has done this. Whatever it is, it's not up to us to judge her. Whether she wants to take break or not, it's up to her but hastily assume she lost interest and it should end? Don't get me wrong here, but in my point of view right now, this sounds extremely rude and selfish.

Maybe because I'm not in to DGM as much as I used to that such USUAL news would make me goes WTF anymore. And If you can't get used to this, drop the manga.

Off topic: for me this month pass so quick that I didn't even realized it's time to stalk the forum for spoiler again, it's almost like I had just finish reading the latest chapter yesterday. All hail college professor! Thank you for dumping all your damn project on us poor students so we can feel the month pass faster *sarcasm*

17. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coah's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

After so many breaks in this past year it's not so surprising that we keep having this repeating senario. Although Hoshino might drive me up the wall sometimes I'm just wishing for the best for her wellbeing. I don't believe she's even suggesting of abandoning the series. I mean seriously, it's her first manga and she's been at it for what? 10 years now? She's worked too hard and too long to just give up and throw in the towel and I stand by to keep believing in her. And yes, DGM has lost some popularity but there's STILL alot of popularity still there and you can't deny that, and it's unlikely it would effect DGM enough to be just abadoned out of the blue. The absence of the other mangas and the appearence of Golden week is probably the main bullet of the delay, just try keeping that in mind. Honestly, I'm kinda upset some of you are even suggesting an end to DGM... We need to believe in Hoshino, not add salt to the wound.
    Last edited by Coah; April 26, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    Well, and can't accept the golden week as a reason too because, jump sq has other authors and they have published their mangas as usual. Or she is sick, or she doesn't care anymore.
    Prince of Tennis and Tegami Bachi (best friend of Hoshino for sure) are all out for the month. So, it's not just Hoshino, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    LOLOLOL!! You know at first I was a little pissed at the unfortunate though somewhat predictable news........ but then I read the comments and for some strange reason I have this goofy smile on my face all of a sudden. But no tgirl I wouldn't bet my money on that sweet dream your having. Sure it still burns me a little inside and I feel this wet burning sensation around my eyes but all i'm saying is, let's get real. This is Hoshino and this is something most of us should have gotten used to by now no matter how terribly annoying it gets (extremely annoying). BUT, no I don't think ending this series would be a solution to anything. Sure, probably Hoshino lost some motivation along the way in between: 1)sicknesses, 2)physical incapabilities, 3)D gray man's masssive plumit in popularity and sales since its transition to monthly and let's not forget 4) the overwhelming criticism she gets like seemingly every time she touches a pen these days. I'm not trying to make excuses for her its just that its realy hard not to. But don't agonize yourselves over this guys, the most we can do now is pray..

Most people have probably seen me say this already, but as opposed to several other series when I first started this manga I didn't like it that much. Overtime however it soon became a major favorite. And though many may disagree i actually think it has been getting consistently better. All i'm saying is no matter what phase or arc of d gray man it may have been that got you to like this series and no matter how much this manga may evolve, one thing remains constant. That is that this manga is written by none other than Hoshino herself. Just one more month (hopefully). Just hope for the best.
    I just cross it for the sake of crossing my fingers. I'm not exactly that downwind like those two 2ch posters. I'm EXTREMELY patient. It's good, for me at least, that there is no new DGM for this upcoming month due to finals. ^__^ Furthermore, there are other manga, tv show and Avatar Korra episodes to look forward to. The time will pass by veeery quickly!! Also, I agree with you that the series is getting BETTER!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by pika318 View Post
    It could be because it's her birthday month even.
    I think you're onto it. I forgot, this is Hoshino's b-day month as it was on the 21st.

The birthday plus the up-coming Golden Week holiday, plus, Tegami Bachi's mangaka is her best friend = grand ol' party and break. I bet the Prince of Tennis mangaka tagged along for the fling of it. Maybe, they're not even in Japan? All three of them on a sudden birthday holiday venture. I could see this somehow..

Either that or everyone got too drunk at Hoshino's b-day party to even be able to finish up their chapters on time for the deadline. .....

Time will go by quickly once more.... Time time.... time...

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shari07's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

It isn't surprised to me....DGM have sometime to take a break. We can only wait for a month and believe in Hoshino.
    I think she still love her DGM but maybe she has Golden week or she get sicks again

Time will be pass away..........It is okay for me to waiting.
    sorry for my bad english...

Thread Closed
Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast