Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao Haru Ride by SAKISAKA Io

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Ao Haru Ride by SAKISAKA Io

I only recently able to read the chapter with translation properly. Gosh, staring at those pictures....

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Sorry phio, I just couldn't look before I read the chapter
    LOL~ No problem. Actually at that link there is a translation already, just not inserted in the pages (meaning the pages are yet to be cleaned, still in Chinese).

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    are you talking about chapter 21....???

okay I really looooooved this manga. Awesome story-writing from the author. Well done.

she had me hooked at "Our eyes would meet, then we'd look away, and our eyes would meet again". Beautiful play of paneling and script here that told paragraphs of youthful emotion.

YOUNG LOVE FOR THE WIN

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

okay I read the translations.

It just seems really hilarious that high school girls run from boys. I encounter this in a lot of shoujo manga, and I really find it ridiculous, but at the same time nostalgic- yes I can attest that high school girls... they tend to run. literally. Then when they turn 18 or something, feeling the groove, having mastered the art of flirtation or hiding their feelings or whatever, then they only "run" figuratively. lol.
    I agree with the writing style. Something about this series just got me in the core and I couldn't stop asking more for it. As if it was played in the casual speed, feels so real and lovely even though you said it is kind of cliche with the elements. I can't tell it myself, but it's fun to see the complications and twists getting on each other but somehow the characters find a way through. <3

How much I love Futaba and Kou, oh my gosh. Kikuchi and Narumi, look forward to your tricks to separate them!

This is probably the fourth or fifth time I read the chapter, but the last page still makes me flying so high.
    Last edited by phio_chan; September 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

---------- Post added September 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was September 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM ----------

ne, nii-chan. the scanlation of ch21 is out. you can read it now

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

ne, nii-chan. the scanlation of ch21 is out. you can read it now
    but I've already read it for a sec I thought there was a new chapter and I missed it

Look here, I made some comments regarding the 21 chap:

wow, I really didn't see this coming. I believed it would take more time but Kou was more agressive than I thought

anyway, such a cute and lovely moment. When Futaba screamed that she didn't care I was going all "please no, NO " but then Kou surprised me with that surprise attack. Really well done!

Now I wonder how things will develop from this point on, I already smell some trouble with Kikuchi and Narumi =/

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I always make bloopers like this don't I? >.>

Anyway, I read Aoharaido straight 20 chapters in one go- then while waiting for ch21, I tried reading strobe edge from the same mangaka (which I didn't enjoy as much, btw).

Then while I was reading 21, I got kind of disoriented at what I was reading LOL.

To be fair, there is one big difference with Aoharaido and Strobe even at this early stage in the former. Ao is more straightforward and fast-paced, compared to the super long stretch and slow pace of Strobe that really killed that manga, IMO. I also read Strobe in one night, and in a frenzy, I might add, because I was getting impatient about it

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was almost lost too, in a different case but similar to nii-chan. I forgot what was the latest chapter so I got excited last night thinking that chapter 21 was the new chapter.

Anyway, I haven't checked Strobe Edge so I couldn't tell much. But from the posts around the series didn't seem to be very satisfying in the end. I hope AHR won't end up like that; the author better learned the good lesson already. <3

---------- Post added October 10, 2012 at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was October 04, 2012 at 11:21 AM ----------

New chapter is out. As usual, don't open it if you don't want to be spoiled, but ultimately this week... Don't read it if you want to save your day.

---------- Post added October 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2012 at 05:19 PM ----------

Well, the chapter has been released properly.

I'm really, really sad. Given what happened in previous chapter, and given the opening of this chapter (they were really sweet, gosh! Kou needs to stop breaking my heart that way!), I'm sad it turns out this way.

Kou is too kind. I can understand what he thinks and feels, though. After all, he was once there. But if that girl dares to lie....
    Last edited by phio_chan; October 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I think she made it pretty clear that she's doing this to get his attention I can understand Kou but damn he's just too kind.... what a rollercoaster of feelings, I didn't expect such an extreme turn of events.

Goddamn that girl, I feel sorry for her but still....

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

where's the official release?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

where's the official release?
    Well, you can find it in some online manga readers out there. What I meant by "official" was that the text had been properly typeset to the scans. The quick link I usually gave (from BxS scan) is usually not yet put in the pages.

I'm super sad of this chapter. My hopeful thinking wishes that Kou would try to apologize or at least explain to Futaba in the next chapter, but I guess the girl is hurt... And Kikuchi was there, so there is a chance that Kou might get upset as well in the next chapter. Aaargh. -___-

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm super sad of this chapter. My hopeful thinking wishes that Kou would try to apologize or at least explain to Futaba in the next chapter, but I guess the girl is hurt... And Kikuchi was there, so there is a chance that Kou might get upset as well in the next chapter. Aaargh. -___-
    Ignoring my post, are you?

I think it will end in Kou bringing her (not Futaba, forgot that other damn girls name ) home and Kikuchi will talk to Futaba and in the end both Futaba and Kou start avoiding each other. I just know that this case won't be solved easily and that makes me so....

On a totally random note I want to tell you two that the series is selling quite well

Quote Quote:
    Aoharide #5 (24,250 / 371,579)
    Makes an anime more likely

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ignoring my post, are you?
    Why do you think so? What you wrote was exactly my feeling.

I think it will end in Kou bringing her (not Futaba, forgot that other damn girls name ) home and Kikuchi will talk to Futaba and in the end both Futaba and Kou start avoiding each other. I just know that this case won't be solved easily and that makes me so....
    Unfortunately I agree. Kou is too kind, but he is also stubborn when it comes to this feeling. I guess I should prepare for few sad chapters in the future.

And wow, if they turn the series into an anime... I wonder how it'll be like.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I had high hopes for the fast pace of the manga, which, like I noticed earlier, was a lot different than the mangaka's previous work.

So I am hoping this hiccup with girl A (also forgot her name, lol) will be over in two chapters

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So I am hoping this hiccup with girl A (also forgot her name, lol) will be over in two chapters
    Sorry to crush your hopes, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen soon.

Spoiler: AHR Chapter 23 show

Spoiler: My Thoughts show

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wow scans seem to be out so fast!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

wow scans seem to be out so fast!
    Fast? Isn't it the usual one month gap for shoujo? Or so it seems to me. Full typeset chapter usually comes even later though.

I'm so depressed with this series now.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

don't worry, "bitch characters" (that's what I call the antagonists that usually come up on shoujo like Narumi...) will only have a volume or else they'll drop in ratings lol.

Usually when I read shoujo like these with such plot devices I am lucky enough that the series is either completed or far ahead into the scanlations that when the story arc is around the bitch characters I just speed through the reading process... haha. But with this one I started it pretty early and stuck when the chapters are still released monthly

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

I do like the fact that Futaba decided to be a little aggressive and ask Kou directly. That ought to at least tell me that things will be moving along in a nice pace.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast