Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Shoujo] Ao Haru Ride by SAKISAKA Io

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Ao Haru Ride by SAKISAKA Io

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I do like the fact that Futaba decided to be a little aggressive and ask Kou directly. That ought to at least tell me that things will be moving along in a nice pace.
    I think so too. I like how she was being so upfront, but that also made me upset a bit because Kou was just too slow. He realized things, but probably he thought of others more than himself. I wonder if Futaba would still bother with him now that he had said all of those. She looked pretty devastated. ^^;

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When will the latest scan release? It's been a month now ((

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huniiie View Post
    When will the latest scan release? It's been a month now ((
    Hello, welcome to MangaHelpers!

Which chapter are you referring to? The last "official" chapter release (by Bikkuri! and Chibi Manga) is at chapter 22. But there is an "unofficial" release of chapter 23 by BxS Manga which can be found here >> http://bxsmanga.weebly.com/7/post/20...raws-only.html >> There is a detailed translation per page at one of the comments below instead of the summary.

Well, being serialized in a monthly magazine makes the release slower indeed. Can't be helped.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who's read the newest chapter? To be honest I'm getting a bit annoyed of this drama. It's the usual main characters acting like jerks because of some annoying but obvious misunderstandings. Not that I mind some bold (and deceiving <___<) rival like Narumi but the mainies acting like jerks for a few chapters in a row is seriously starting to go on my nerves I really hope the mess will be fixed soon because it makes way less fun reading Ao Haru Ride at the moment.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

where is that new chapter??

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 25 has been released by Chibi Manga, I believe, but only accessible at their forum and maybe won't appear in online readers before few days has passed. I haven't checked again at the online reader I usually visit, though.

It's out at Batoto.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Anyone who's read the newest chapter? To be honest I'm getting a bit annoyed of this drama. It's the usual main characters acting like jerks because of some annoying but obvious misunderstandings. Not that I mind some bold (and deceiving <___<) rival like Narumi but the mainies acting like jerks for a few chapters in a row is seriously starting to go on my nerves I really hope the mess will be fixed soon because it makes way less fun reading Ao Haru Ride at the moment.
    You mean Futaba? I think what Narumi said was partly true. I disliked her lying, but maybe to someone who literally has no one else left to care for her, no wonder she'd do anything to keep Kou around. And Futaba was just guessing indeed, she didn't know for sure. Personally I think Kou will be fine; he seemed to cherish what he had at the moment and wanted to help Narumi to reach that point as well.

What's with that ending.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ne, nii-chan, i don't get either what you mean by misunderstanding.

Everyone had their own grounds to do what they did. Well, the douche here is definitely Kou.

ahem, let's start with Futaba- I like that she's aggressive, but maybe for Narumi she's not aggressive enough? I think it's pretty established that she decided she wants Kou. She chased after him, she went to his house when he got sick, even after the Narumi incident. And that she clearly stated in this chapter that she doesn't want Narumi for Kou is definitive of her feelings.

Now, Narumi on the other hand- also has her reasons. If she had that connection with Kou, we cannot blame her for clinging on to that. Even if that may be destructive for them, they're teenagers and don't know shit about their futures so whatever. Also, like she pointed out, Futaba cannot really prove that the relationship is in fact a negative one for Kou. They might seem like licking each other's wounds but that's for the people involved to say. Outsiders who had not experienced what they had could never really understand.

Kou, though, seems to have been the one who moved on the most- then upon seeing Narumi, acts all noble-idiot, wanting to be there for the damsel-in-distress. Which is fine and all, maybe he just has a big heart- but then he also skirts around Futaba asking her "what do you want me to do" ?/???

My explanation for his behavior is that, maybe, he just does what he can for Narumi (thinking that being Romantically involved with her will save her soul) and at the same time hopes that Futaba show her true feelings and tell him to stop doing that for Narumi. He wants someone (particularly Futaba) to slap him in the face before stopping this two-timing indecisive business. Because, even Narumi doesn't tell him off, you know? Narumi may be all manipulative and cunning and lonely and pitiful, but I don't see her telling Kou what to do. All decisions so far had been Kou's.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Futaba hesitated. When she said "I did this for Kou", her face showed as if she wanted to comfort herself that she did this not for her selfish feelings. What Narumi said destroyed that, but hey, it's not that she did something wrong. I don't really understand Kou either because we see things from Futaba.. But the Kou in your explanation is very annoying then, baboysai-chan, though the part about all decisions being Kou's is true. XD Kou "paused" his relationship because he wanted to help Narumi, I think. But if he expects Futaba to do something about that... Meh.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Futaba hesitated only to question her motives. She wants the same results, the motives of whether "doing this for Kou" or "doing this for myself" is where she's confused. But regardless, she still wants the same thing. A relationship with Kou, and not have him end up with someone else just because she can't act on it. That part is admirable about Futaba, because she really wants to live without regrets. I see that in her character.

then there's Kou leading her on and cannot make up his mind. >.>

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I found a fan translation for chapter 26.

I. seriously. hate. Kou. for giving that kind of false hope to Futaba. What's the acting-so-kind-oh-my for after what happened previously?

I wonder where this new complication about Tanaka-sensei and the female students will lead to. Can't imagine it in any way. I guess it's made to solve the problem between Tanaka-sensei and Shuuko?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

eeeek! Kikuchi-kuuuun! This is the first time in the story that I actually like you!

So maybe I'm understanding Kou more and more, and my initial theory about him was correct?? He's really just waiting for Futaba to tell him to stop seeing Narumi. But as long as he thinks Futaba is okay with it, then he'd think what he's doing is win-win for everybody. He thinks he's not hurting Futaba, and he gets to keep Narumi happy, so okay he's a noble idiot.

But Kikuchi-kun! he sees right through Kou! I love him for being so smart

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

hmm, regarding Tanaka-sensei, I think people's comments about him having no backbone is getting to him, which will cause him to resign from being a teacher there, and actually get into a relationship with Shuuko? hahahahaaha. that's my long-shot prediction lol.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I. totally. hate. Kou. for giving such false hope to Futaba, saying sweet things while going with Narumi, LOL~ I wonder if it's really like your theory. I think Kou wants to be on both side, helping both side, but he can't help hurting either one. But because he considered Narumi must be helped no matter what, he decided to go along the way though it hurt Futaba. Not sure if he actually wanted Futaba to stop him, though.

I'm loving Kikuchi more, uwakakaka~ At this point I just want to push Futaba to Kikuchi. He's the Kazehaya-type minus the popularity; he's considerate but shy = total sweet.

I think Tanaka-sensei will get through it somehow, together with Kou. He was being insecure about both sides, so I guess Shuuko will help too? She has to, in order to deepen their bond! XDDD

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Or! Kou knows Futaba is strong enough to cope with the situation while he sees that Narumi is more fragile and needs his "presence" more? So like, when he feels that in the future Narumi can move on from her depression, he can leave her and go for Futaba haha (because he thinks Futaba will understand what he's doing eventually???)

even if that's not okay, but it may be what he thinks is smart. Still a noble idiot, he is.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Or! Kou knows Futaba is strong enough to cope with the situation while he sees that Narumi is more fragile and needs his "presence" more? So like, when he feels that in the future Narumi can move on from her depression, he can leave her and go for Futaba haha (because he thinks Futaba will understand what he's doing eventually???)
    Right, this one is a probability too. I don't know, back then where he ripped something related to Futaba if memory serves me right made me think that he didn't seem very interested in Futaba but then combining what happened in the past and what happened now, it's contradictory. But I guess this is possible too.

Though as you said, it doesn't change his title being the idiot of the series so far.

I wonder how Shuuko x Tanaka-sensei will be solved. Will they have a happy ending? Will Tanaka-sensei reply to her feelings?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone has seen chapter 28? Too lazy to go check at CM so I went to AHR's tumblr and read fan's translation there.

I posted this at Twitter after reading the translation:
    Quote Quote:
    That's it. That's how it SHOULD be. Your loss, Kou. Your loss. Go Kikuchi-kuuuuun~ *so pissed at Kou* /freak AHR fan
    Seriously... Not that it's something unexpected but to see him actually saying it... I kindly want to punch his face. Look at him and his brother. Though I can somehow understand the reasons behind.... Looking forward to the day they actually talk/do something about the girl they like. -_____________-

GO KOMINATO! GO KIKUCHI!

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast