Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Godland Company by IWASHIRO Toshiaki

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Godland Company by IWASHIRO Toshiaki

GODLAND COMPANY (ゴッドランド・カンパニー)
    by IWASHIRO Toshiaki

Demographic: Shounen
    Genre: Supernatural, Comedy, Action
    Status in Japan: Completed (One-shot)
    Published in: Weekly Shounen Jump (Shueisha)
    Manga Details Page

A strange bunch of supernatural beings have moved in next door to Hanazawa Meoto. They call themselves "Godland Company", and they're gods/spirits/demons who perform odd jobs to help other supernatural beings like themselves when they get into any trouble with humans. There's little Kuroto the Karasu Tengu, Mia Blutheim the vampire, Neruru Hearteater the succubus, Shadric Kagel the shadow earl, and the mysterious Haizono. How will Meoto react to her new neighbours?

Spoiler: My thoughts on the one-shot show

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Godland Company by IWASHIRO Toshiaki

Hopefully Iwashiro goes to SQ. I know former WSJ authors going to SQ is cliched at this point, but I really don't think that this would survive in WSJ.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Hopefully Iwashiro goes to SQ. I know former WSJ authors going to SQ is cliched at this point, but I really don't think that this would survive in WSJ.
    I'm somewhat agree with you on Iwashiro goes to SQ because I think he is better chance in monthly serialization.

However, too many WSJ authors moved to SQ, so I started to have feeling that SQ is becoming recycling bin for WSJ. I rather have SQ to create their own authors rather than take authors from WSJ.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Psyren might have dome better in SQ but I actually think Godland Company might be better suited for Jump, especially since the readership of Jump is much younger than that for SQ. I also agree with negative that I would prefer SQ to build up it's own stable of authors and become established as avoid magazine on it's own rather than just a dumping ground for unsuccessful Jump artists.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if theres a translation or scan out? I definatly would like to read this. My first impression from the plot is it sounds like Iwashiro's first work. Mueto? I cant recall the name right now. But the idea of plot and supernatural beings seems kind of over used. It might do better than Pysren unfortunantly in SJ, but it still feels like it wouldn't last too long with the current sounding plot. Anyhow I hope he can be serialized once again soon.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

So far there have been no translations or scanlations out. But since it's by someone fairly well-known and popular like Iwashiro, I think it would probably get one soon.

I do agree that it wouldn't last very long with the plot as it is, but if Iwashiro plays it right and adds a little bit more oomph to it, it might do okay. Not really really well, but it could survive since Jump readers tend to like pretty mainstream stuff.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't read the one-shot but what jumped to my mind is the one-shot that was made of Ao no Exorcist before it became serialized and a bit of Mago which I've only read the first chapter and the one-shot.

1)what I take into account is the design of the characters which might change but just a bit, Mago's characters didn't change much in design and the role of certain characters changed, the story was completely different since now it didn't need to be well wrapped up in one chapter but to make the reader want to see what goes more down the line - a great example would be Psyren's first chapter which in my opinion was awesome and left a lot of questions and curiousity and I can't think what would it look like as a one-shot, it would be nice if some of you could try to make an assumption about that and I would love to hear about it.

About the one-shot that might have led to AnE, well you judge for yourselves :

http://manga.animea.net/miyama-uguis...ika-jiken.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hai_Priesty's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, I've read it yesternight and posted digest in the Psyren thread (849)...

Anyway I think I can trans it tomorrow (sunday).
    I honestly hope it'll have another one-shot in Jump and then goes into serialization. I see that as a much imrpoved version of Meiruhito. XD

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply