Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Byakuya and Rukia

1 14.29%
  • Gin and Rangiku

4 57.14%
  • Draw (Byakuya kills Rangiku and Gin kills Rukia)

2 28.57%
New Reply

Thread: Gin and Rangiku vs Byakuya and Rukia

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin and Rangiku vs Byakuya and Rukia

This is a fight with a twist!

Gin must protect Rangiku, the only person he has ever cared for, at all costs.

Likewise, Byakuya must protect Rukia, "his pride", at all costs.

If Gin fails to protect Rangiku, his team loses - likewise for Byakuya.

Fight is in SS.

This is important - Gin and Byakuya are restricted to Shikai!

Otherwise Gin could just skewer Rukia with KSNY from the start - Byakuya was however shown to be fast enough to intercept Shinso when Gin attacked Rukia.

I don't really know how this will work, but I thought I would give something different a try.

Btw, personality is taken into account, so Gin is more likely to go for Rukia from the start than Byakuya is to go for Rangiku, but he still regards her as an enemy in this fight, so would still have no problem attacking her.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gin and Rangiku vs Byakuya and Rukia

Nice scenario but I don't agree with your take on Byakuya. If he knows the key to winning is to take out Rangiku, I think he'll just do that. We've seen he can be very decisive when ready. For e.g him fighting Ichigo for Rukia and cutting his tendons against Zommari.

I'll give you though Gin 100 year + plan to get revenge on Aizen showed some serious obsessive determination, but I could see Byakuya doing the same if it was absolutely necessary, his personality alludes to a similar facet.

As it concerns the fight, I'd give it to Byakuya. Both their shikais aren't very good with Gin's being slightly better than Byakuya's. But the versatility Byakuya's deplayed over the series makes up for that and in fact adds advantages. Overall Byakuya is the better candidate.

Hey, can Rukia and Rangiku contribute to the fight in anyway other than being damsels in distress?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Hey, can Rukia and Rangiku contribute to the fight in anyway other than being damsels in distress?
    Of course

Everyone can fight - I'm just emphasizing the protection aspect because I doubt Rukia/Rangiku could hold Gin/Byakuya off for very long at all without Byakuya/Gin jumping in to protect them, but yeah, Rukia and Rangiku are free to attack each other.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since you limited the Captains to shikai they (Rangiku and Rukia) would fair better, but yeah they wouldn't last too long more so Rangiku since Byakuya has access to kido spells etc.

I'm just of the notion that the Byakuya team is more rounded and have better feats, I think in the end they could get the job done, definitely with difficulty though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya's Shikai isn't capable of killing Vice Captains. Heck, I say this because it was incapable of killing Ganju, and it was compromised by Renji's Shikai.

Both their Shikais suck, but Gin has destroyed Hiyori with it, so I'm giving it to team Gin.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Hiyori's destruction was very nice, I laughed so hard. Too bad she didn't die though

Its probably best Byakuya remains sealed and uses kido as back-up

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kamakazi_1996's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

wow this is very interesting battle i compliment you

i see no way of deciding this battle mostly because they are evenly matched, if byakuya can use kido then i would give him the win, he could bind rangiku and then take her out while protecting rukia

but i say gin is more cooler than byakuya
    "This is a weird feeling... You, who once asked me why I distanced myself from you, have now gone and distanced yourself from me. Should I do the questioning this time? Just now, why did you distance yourself from me?" -ichigo kurosaki

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I figured it would be pretty evenly matched - Byakuya has the Kido advantage but Gin should be somewhat higher in base (given the fact that they're about the same age and the latter's prodigy status), and Gin has a somewhat better Shikai imo, although neither are great.

If we look individually at Rangiku vs Rukia, we haven't seen much of Rangiku using her Zanpaktou but it seems to be an interesting ability. Rukia's ice techniques seem to be best for taking an opponent by surprise, since they aren't particularly fast. I also believe that Rangiku's overall skill set is superior to Rukia's, although I believe that Rukia has shown more Kido usage.

I think that Byakuya would be better off sealed / using Kido while Gin can I guess fight normally in Shikai and activate the blade extension whenever he wants. I still feel that it could go either way.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Calisto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin goes to hit Rukia with his shikai, Byakuya instead takes the blow for Rukia.

Oh wait, it's Utusemi, Byakuya then uses Senka on Matsumoto.

If bankai wasn't restricted then Team Gin would win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Rangiku's shikai is better then Byakuya's shikai and Gin's shikai is better as well and Ruikia already lost to Rangiku in the touney so i give the win to Gin's team
    Know your Place Humans

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya and Rukia.

I think Matsumoto is better than Rukia overall, but Byakuya can definitely take Gin here.

Byakuya and Gin both have garbage Shikais, they're basically a non-issue, and Byakuya is better off Sealed here. However, based on feats alone, Byakuya has a lot of Kido and Shunpo displays under his belt, as well as Cicada, which is always a game changer. I wouldn't say one is significantly better in pure swordsmanship than the other, but Gin hasn't shown any Shinigami arts that could make all the difference in this fight. Byakuya beats him based on the fact that Gin is without his hax, and hasn't shown anything to say he could take such a versatile fighter. (Even though the databook said Gin is an all around powerful guy, in all aspects of Shinigami arts he hasn't shown it in the manga)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, my two favorite characters Ichimaru Gin and Kuchiki Byakuya , this should be interesting. I always thought of these two to be of equal level Imho. Senbonzakura vs Shinsou should be deadlock even. Both aren't one of those dangerously overwhelming shikais. I personally felt neither used their's to it's full capabilites. This will be really close because Gin has shown that he don't care for anyone but Rangiku, he even sought out to kill Aizen because of his treacherous ways. Byakuya has shown that Rukia is his pride and part of his HM arc development against Zommari showed us that. He won't stop at nothing to protect his pride. I call a draw.

New Reply