Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How did you pick up AnE?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did you pick up AnE?

I'd like to think that I was fated to pick up ANE..hehe

About a month ago while waiting for redhawkscans to release the 11th chapter of the Silver Spoon manga(a new series by Arakawa-sensei btw!) I browsed through the thumbnails for their other scanlations and I saw that the art for a one-shot called the The Miyama-Uguisu Mansion Incident was really lovely so I read it and enjoyed it thoroughly.

6 days ago, I found this tumblr that re-blogged tons of stuff from pixiv and saw several depicting this guy covered in flames with an unsheathed sword..I thought that the character design was cool..but..it was also familiar somehow..hmmm...

A quick Google search later brought me to the inherent goodness that is Ao No Exorcist & confirmed my thought that the Mansion Incident manga was related to that blue demon that we all know and love

I'm reaaaaalllyyy happy to have stumbled upon this manga.It really filled up the void for me since FMA and Kekkaishi ended. *sniffs*

signature via

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

saw the first chapter demon+flames+some stuff similar to dgm

it is a bit more light-hearted , fresh like earthforge said
    ( at least for now... oh yukio)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw that this manga had gotten an anime. Was bored so gave the manga shot (I usually read manga before watching an anime) and it's history from there. I love it. Although personally I sometimes think this series would be more suited to a weekly release rather than a monthly, but it's all good. I think that's just the greedy side of me lusting for more chapters hah.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I found Ao no Exorcist while I was just looking trough some random animes then I looked at its plot it seemed to plain and unoriginal so I decided to ignore and yes I was judging book by its cover but well then one day when I was very bored I couldnt find anything to do but then I remembered Ao No Exorcist and looked trough the first episode it seemed okay so I watched the second one and I immediately fell in love with it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I... don't remember. But it was probably one of those moments when none of the manga I read regularly had any new chapter for me to read and I really needed something new I'd love like I used to love FMA, DGM, 07 Ghost, 1/2 Prince and couple others. I probably tried to find something similar to one of them on Mangafox manga browser, picked a bunch of titles and AnE was one of them. Then I chose by the cover art and I remember that Yukio intrigued me, handsome guy with glasses and a gun. Then I read a couple of (color) pages and I loved Rin's design. And soon I was hooked.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3